Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1
SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1
I downloaded the SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta-1 installation file for Ubuntu 15.04 but when I try to run it under Lubuntu 17.1 it won't install. I get the dialog box and do the authentication and see the slider bar move quickly all the way to 100% in just a few seconds. Then it closes and there is no sign that I see that the software has installed. I know almost nothing about Linux, other than having dabbled with it a few times and that was a couple of years ago.

Do I need a separate build? If so, I'm in way over my head I think.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1
Look under /usr/bin/SleepyHead and see if it is set as an executable. I noticed the the owner is set to 1300 - user # 1300 and group is 1300. Both user and group are nonexistent in my system.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to mention that you should have a icon on your desktop. The command should be : /usr/bin/SleepyHead.  

The permissions are:
Owner: your username / Read and write access
Group: your group name / Read and write access
Other: Read-only
Execute - checked.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2017, 10:45 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Look under /usr/bin/SleepyHead and see if it is set as an executable.

I don't see anything there.

(12-07-2017, 10:56 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I forgot to mention that you should have a icon on your desktop. The command should be : /usr/bin/SleepyHead.  

No desktop icon, that command doesn't work!

The build is supposed to be for Ubuntu 15.04 and I have Lubuntu 17.1, so I'm guessing that's the problem.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
I have it installed on Linux Mint 18.3. Works great!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
You are running a 64 bit Linux, aren't you?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it's the 64-bit version.

But ... I do have Mint installed on this laptop's other hard drive, so I swapped hard drives and sure enough, the installation worked fine. I just now realized I'll need a SD card reader, though, as this laptop has no slot!

I'd still like to get SH to run on Lubuntu, though ...
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Found my SD card reader and was able to download my data. SleepyHead seems to run about the same under Linux as it does under Windows. I haven't seen that bug where the graph labels disappear, but it still takes a really long time to download several weeks or months worth of data.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Ubuntu Bionic ???? The linked download for ubuntu 15.x won't install.

I did find a version by searching for <sleepyhead ubuntu> and it seemed to install. sleepyhead_1.0.0-beta-2+dfsg-4_amd64.deb

But no shortcut, no way to activate. Doesn't turn up as an application. Install screen only has one button, [uninstall] Maybe It didn't like my PC?

I'm better with screwdrivers than I am with files.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi casebro - Welcome
What version of Linux are you running? 32 or 64 bit? Try:' uname -a" at a command prompt, if unsure.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR - Lubuntu 18.04 freddyfl209 1 592 04-07-2020, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.