Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead on Windows XP
SleepyHead on Windows XP
Has anyone run SleepyHead 0.9.8-1 on Windows XP?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead on Windows XP
(Today 12:50 PM)OpalRose Wrote:

I have tried several times to download SleepyHead per instructions.
Nothing has worked for me.

Using Windows XP, and Crome. Not sure if 32 or 64.

Constantly getting errors messages that I am missing QT5Core.dll files, but I have downloaded these several times. SH will download to the point where I can put the Icon on desktop.
If I right click SH Icon, and click on run, it will come up and start asking me
to set up. Then it tells me there is a Lockfile for my profile.
Then it asks me to upgrade and starts an import wizard.
Then I receive errors messages: No data card found, wont read it.
Don't know how to proceed from here.

If I just click to open icon, I get the missing dll files message.

I have used the 9.6 version with no issues, but now that seems to be wiped out, and cant even reload that, because it wont read my card.
Even worse, my Encore Basic program as of this morning wont read my data card either. So I am wondering if some file in my computer has caused this.
Don't know what I am doing wrong or how to fix it.
OpalRose

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Right click on the icon on the desktop. Select Properties. Does it have three tabs labeled "general, shortcut, and compatability?"

Did you "Paste shortcut" to get the icon on the desktop, or "paste?"

Go to the original location where you extracted the file to. Try running it from there.

If that doesn't work, cut and paste the contents of the address bar at the top of the Windows Explorer window for that directory. That's the name of the directory at the top of Windows Explorer. Paste it into your reply.

Do you know how to do screenshots? Here's a page about how to do them on Windows XP.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...creen-shot

imgur.com is a good place to post screenshots.

Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2015, 05:06 PM)archangle Wrote: Right click on the icon on the desktop. Select Properties. Does it have three tabs labeled "general, shortcut, and compatability?"

Did you "Paste shortcut" to get the icon on the desktop, or "paste?"

Go to the original location where you extracted the file to. Try running it from there.

If that doesn't work, cut and paste the contents of the address bar at the top of the Windows Explorer window for that directory. That's the name of the directory at the top of Windows Explorer. Paste it into your reply.

Do you know how to do screenshots? Here's a page about how to do them on Windows XP.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...creen-shot.

imgur.com is a good place to post screenshots.

Archangel,
Thanks for the reply, and yes it has three tabs: General, shortcut, compatability.
Should I have a certain setting there?

I've tried both Paste and Paste Shortcut.

I've tried running from original file, doesn't work. All I get are error messages on missing dll files.
I now have at least 5 SH Sheep on my desktop, and none work. Unsure

I never had trouble doing a screenshot while using the 9.6 version.
Did you want me to send something?
The above http address just gives me an error 404 message.

Sorry if I do not understand your instructions.
I know enough about computers to be dangerous.

OpalRose
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have. I copied my 32 bit uncompressed sleepyhead folder in its entirety to my netbook running XP.I tried SH GL and was told my graphics card didn't support. I clicked on Broken and it worked.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2015, 06:40 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Archangel,
Thanks for the reply, and yes it has three tabs: General, shortcut, compatability.
Should I have a certain setting there?

I've tried both Paste and Paste Shortcut.

I've tried running from original file, doesn't work. All I get are error messages on missing dll files.
I now have at least 5 SH Sheep on my desktop, and none work. Unsure

I never had trouble doing a screenshot while using the 9.6 version.
Did you want me to send something?
The above http address just gives me an error 404 message.

Sorry if I do not understand your instructions.
I know enough about computers to be dangerous.

OpalRose

I've fixed the screenshot URL. I had a period at the end that shouldn't have been there.

Cut the "target" data from the "shortcut" tab and paste it into a post.

There's a new "how to screenshot" link in my useful links page at the bottom of this post.

Take a screenshot of the dll error, or simply retype the exact error into a post.
Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply
Archangel, the following is the exact error I get when I click on SH Icon, or if I just hit run, get same error. The Dll files are on system.

SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe-Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because QT5Core.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Haven't had any luck with that screenshot. Will keep trying.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Arch, this sounds like the same old problem of someone moving the .exe file to another location (like the desktop), but the .exe won't run unless it resides in the same folder as all the other SleepyHead files.
Quote:SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe-Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because QT5Core.dll was not found.

In other words, SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe can't locate QT5Core.dll because the exe file has been moved from the original directory (folder) that contained QT5Core.dll.

QT5Core.dll is included in the current zip packages, so she shouldn't have to use the MS download link for that... it's already in the SH zip archive.

When you extract SleepyHead, you can't move the .exe file from the folder (don't drag and drop and don't cut & paste the .exe file) to any other location, including your desktop. You have to run it without moving it.

You can create a shortcut to the .exe and place that shortcut on the desktop, but you can't simply cut and move the exe file out of the original SleepyHead directory - it needs to run in the same directory as the QT5Core.dll file (and other files) are in.

Maybe that's not what's happening with OpalRose though... but it sure sounds like it. Dont-know
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2015, 08:39 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Archangel, the following is the exact error I get when I click on SH Icon, or if I just hit run, get same error. The Dll files are on system.

SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe-Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because QT5Core.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Haven't had any luck with that screenshot. Will keep trying.

For the icon on the desktop, try opening the "properties" tab on the icon you're clicking on. Then, on the shortcut tab, cut the contents of the "target" tab and paste it here.

Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2015, 09:07 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Arch, this sounds like the same old problem of someone moving the .exe file to another location (like the desktop), but the .exe won't run unless it resides in the same folder as all the other SleepyHead files...

That is correct.

Windows will also open a .zip file without unpacking it. If you "open" the .zip file instead of "extracting" it, you will get what looks like a new folder in Windows Explorer, and you can run the exe file within that folder. When you do that, it won't find the .dll's and will give you the same error.

Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,547 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 354 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 806 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 902 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Successfully installed InfoSmart on Windows 10 DrmWEaver 5 2,403 12-07-2022, 09:24 AM
  Installing latest OSCAR on an old Windows PC Rcgop 8 849 07-17-2022, 09:08 AM
  Oscar causing Right click on desktop on windows 11 to crash Explore? hh9797 3 651 06-06-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: hh9797

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.