Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead on Windows XP
RE: SleepyHead on Windows XP
(03-26-2015, 06:34 AM)archangle Wrote:
(03-25-2015, 08:39 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Archangel, the following is the exact error I get when I click on SH Icon, or if I just hit run, get same error. The Dll files are on system.

SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe-Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because QT5Core.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Haven't had any luck with that screenshot. Will keep trying.

For the icon on the desktop, try opening the "properties" tab on the icon you're clicking on. Then, on the shortcut tab, cut the contents of the "target" tab and paste it here.

archangle,
Is this what you need?

"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit\SleepyHead-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit"

The second time I tried, this is from a different Icon on desktop:
SleepyHead-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit

and another attempt, a different desktop icon:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit\SleepyHead-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit\SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe"

I will wait further instruction, comments. Hope I haven't messed this up too much.
OpalRose

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 08:05 AM)OpalRose Wrote: "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit\SleepyHead-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit"

If I read that right, when you click on that icon, a Windows Explorer window would open. "Windows Explorer" is the thing that displays a directory. Is that correct?

If so, do you see a bunch of files, including SleepyHead-BrokenGL, and a bunch of files ending with .dll, including QT5Core.dll?

That doesn't look like you're linked "inside" the zip file, which is what I was concerned about.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 08:50 AM)archangle Wrote:
(03-26-2015, 08:05 AM)OpalRose Wrote: "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit\SleepyHead-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit"

If I read that right, when you click on that icon, a Windows Explorer window would open. "Windows Explorer" is the thing that displays a directory. Is that correct?

If so, do you see a bunch of files, including SleepyHead-BrokenGL, and a bunch of files ending with .dll, including QT5Core.dll?

That doesn't look like you're linked "inside" the zip file, which is what I was concerned about.

archangel,
Yes, when I click on Icon, a Windows Explorer window opens.

Yes, there are a bunch of files, including SleepyHead-BrokenGl.exe and a bunch of files ending with .dll, including QT5Core.dll

SO HOW DO I GET LINKED "inside" the zip file?
Should I try to uninstall everyone and start over???
Awaiting your expertise. Thanks Smile

There is also a file with a zipper on it named New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip

OpalRose
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 08:05 AM)OpalRose Wrote: and another attempt, a different desktop icon:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit\SleepyHead-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit\SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe"

When you click on this icon, what happens?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 10:37 AM)on the virge Wrote:
(03-26-2015, 08:05 AM)OpalRose Wrote: and another attempt, a different desktop icon:

When you click on this icon, what happens?

Ok, it opens, but get a message that there is a LockFile with my profile, and I should exit. But I clicked ok. Then it asks me if I want to upgrade? Now SH starts an Import Wizard, and tells me to insert my data card...then I get a missing parameters message. If I try again, SH locks up, and I have to shut down everything. It won't even read my data card.
OpalRose
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 10:56 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Ok, it opens, but get a message that there is a LockFile with my profile, and I should exit. But I clicked ok. Then it asks me if I want to upgrade? Now SH starts an Import Wizard, and tells me to insert my data card...then I get a missing parameters message. If I try again, SH locks up, and I have to shut down everything. It won't even read my data card.
OpalRose

Hmmm. When I decided to load Sleepyhead on my XP machine, I already was running Sleepyhead 32 bit 0.9.8.1 on a windows 8.0 machine. I copied the entire pair of folders, as your icon identified, to my XP machine. I opened up the folder and double clicked the icon and SH opened. I pointed to Sleepyhead data folder and imported my data.
I did not try to download Sleepyhead to my XP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 11:05 AM)on the virge Wrote:
(03-26-2015, 10:56 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Ok, it opens, but get a message that there is a LockFile with my profile, and I should exit. But I clicked ok. Then it asks me if I want to upgrade? Now SH starts an Import Wizard, and tells me to insert my data card...then I get a missing parameters message. If I try again, SH locks up, and I have to shut down everything. It won't even read my data card.
OpalRose

Hmmm. When I decided to load Sleepyhead on my XP machine, I already was running Sleepyhead 32 bit 0.9.8.1 on a windows 8.0 machine. I copied the entire pair of folders, as your icon identified, to my XP machine. I opened up the folder and double clicked the icon and SH opened. I pointed to Sleepyhead data folder and imported my data.
I did not try to download Sleepyhead to my XP machine.

on the virge,
Yes, I am confused. I was running SleepyHead 9.6 with no problems for the last 5 months. Now it seems I can't even go back to that, it's been wiped out.
Between this and doing my taxes, I'm a bit crazed right now. Crazy
Oh well, this too shall pass!
OpalRose
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose

That sounds like you're going down the right path and getting the right program. You don't get the DLL error when you use that shortcut, do you?

What does the "missing parameters" message say? I don't recall you mentioning that before.

Try using the "new profile" option when it says "Select Profile."
Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 10:23 AM)OpalRose Wrote: SO HOW DO I GET LINKED "inside" the zip file?
Should I try to uninstall everyone and start over???

It doesn't sound like that's what's happening in this case.

It would probably be confusing to try and explain much further, but in Windows, you can "open" a zip file, or you can "extract it." Extract takes the zip file and creates a bunch of new files. "Open" shows you the files within the zip file, but doesn't create the new files. It sort of looks like the files are there, but they're really not there on your hard disk where other programs can run them.

Sorry you asked?

Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 04:27 PM)archangle Wrote:
(03-26-2015, 10:56 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Ok, it opens, but get a message that there is a LockFile with my profile, and I should exit. It doesn't give me an option to select a different profile. But I clicked ok. Then it asks me if I want to upgrade? Now SH starts an Import Wizard, and tells me to insert my data card...then I get a missing parameters message. If I try again, SH locks up, and I have to shut down everything. It won't even read my data card.
OpalRose

That sounds like you're going down the right path and getting the right program. You don't get the DLL error when you use that shortcut, do you?

What does the "missing parameters" message say? I don't recall you mentioning that before.

Try using the "new profile" option when it says "Select Profile."

archangel,
No, don't get a DSL error if a double click to open shortcut on desktop, but if I hit RUN instead, I will get DSL error.
Now it opens, but takes a long time to open, then a warning box appears telling me there is already a LockFile present with my profile and to close any other SH running.
But I don't have any other open or running. My choice is press OK or cancel!
So I press OK, now SH tells me it needs to upgrade its database for (it lists a serial number of a machine I used for the first 30 days. My DME lost the data card containing data for first 30 days. But it gives me no choice except to press Yes!
If I say no, it logs me off. When, I press Yes, it wants a data card, so I put my current card in, and it just freezes up, won't do anything.
Now the screen gives this message: c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 and then it freezes up and I shut down again.
OpalRose
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,388 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 311 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 748 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 833 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Successfully installed InfoSmart on Windows 10 DrmWEaver 5 2,377 12-07-2022, 09:24 AM
  Installing latest OSCAR on an old Windows PC Rcgop 8 822 07-17-2022, 09:08 AM
  Oscar causing Right click on desktop on windows 11 to crash Explore? hh9797 3 632 06-06-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: hh9797

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.