Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead on Windows XP
RE: SleepyHead on Windows XP
(03-26-2015, 05:23 PM)OpalRose Wrote: No, don't get a DSL error if a double click to open shortcut on desktop, but if I hit RUN instead, I will get DSL error.
Now it opens, but takes a long time to open, then a warning box appears telling me there is already a LockFile present with my profile and to close any other SH running.
But I don't have any other open or running. My choice is press OK or cancel!
So I press OK, now SH tells me it needs to upgrade its database for (it lists a serial number of a machine I used for the first 30 days. My DME lost the data card containing data for first 30 days. But it gives me no choice except to press Yes!
If I say no, it logs me off. When, I press Yes, it wants a data card, so I put my current card in, and it just freezes up, won't do anything.
Now the screen gives this message: c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 and then it freezes up and I shut down again.
OpalRose

Do you get a "select profile" box? If so, select "new profile" and create a new profile.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 07:13 PM)archangle Wrote:
(03-26-2015, 05:23 PM)OpalRose Wrote: No, don't get a DSL error if a double click to open shortcut on desktop, but if I hit RUN instead, I will get DSL error.
Now it opens, but takes a long time to open, then a warning box appears telling me there is already a LockFile present with my profile and to close any other SH running.
But I don't have any other open or running. My choice is press OK or cancel!
So I press OK, now SH tells me it needs to upgrade its database for (it lists a serial number of a machine I used for the first 30 days. My DME lost the data card containing data for first 30 days. But it gives me no choice except to press Yes!
If I say no, it logs me off. When, I press Yes, it wants a data card, so I put my current card in, and it just freezes up, won't do anything.
Now the screen gives this message: c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 and then it freezes up and I shut down again.
OpalRose

Do you get a "select profile" box? If so, select "new profile" and create a new profile.

No archangel, there is no "select profile" box, or I would select it. Just don't know how to get around this mess.
OpalRose

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 05:23 PM)OpalRose Wrote: now SH tells me it needs to upgrade its database for (it lists a serial number of a machine I used for the first 30 days. My DME lost the data card containing data for first 30 days.

Are you moving to a different machine or are you still on the machine you have been using? Can you look at the backup of your data that Sleepyhead had been keeping? If so, do you see a folder in that profile with the folder name = the serial number of that earlier machine? If so try to copy that profile to a new data card and insert that in the computer's card slot.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 07:58 PM)on the virge Wrote:
(03-26-2015, 05:23 PM)OpalRose Wrote: now SH tells me it needs to upgrade its database for (it lists a serial number of a machine I used for the first 30 days. My DME lost the data card containing data for first 30 days.

Are you moving to a different machine or are you still on the machine you have been using? Can you look at the backup of your data that Sleepyhead had been keeping? If so, do you see a folder in that profile with the folder name = the serial number of that earlier machine? If so try to copy that profile to a new data card and insert that in the computer's card slot.

My DME replaced my machine after the first 30 days, long story...but Sleepyhead always showed the data for both machines as I would see both serial numbers.
The only thing I am lacking is a data card with that info on for the first 30 days, but I have data card in current machine.
I don't know where it would be on computer, because if I click on the original SH Icon that I was using prior, the 9.6 version, the data has been wiped out since trying to download new version. Don't know how or why that would happen.
OpalRose

OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Search your computer for "P-Series" or "p0" or "the earlier serial number" -- no quotation marks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Start->My Documents.

Look for a directory called SleepyHeadData-Unstable

Right click - Rename

CAREFULLY - Change the name to something different by putting an x on the end. i.e.
SleepyHeadData-Unstable-X. You just want to change the name, but leave it as something recognizable in case you want to rename it back later.

Do you have any other directories starting with "SleepyHead" in "My documents?"

Try running your "working" icon again. (The one that doesn't give you DLL errors.)
Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 08:48 PM)archangle Wrote: Start->My Documents.

Look for a directory called SleepyHeadData-Unstable

Right click - Rename

CAREFULLY - Change the name to something different by putting an x on the end. i.e.
SleepyHeadData-Unstable-X. You just want to change the name, but leave it as something recognizable in case you want to rename it back later.

Do you have any other directories starting with "SleepyHead" in "My documents?"

Try running your "working" icon again. (The one that doesn't give you DLL errors.)

I found 4 files under My Documents:
SleepyHead-0.9
SleepyHead-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit
SleepyHeadData-Testing
SleepyHead-0.9.zip
Which one should I rename and why?
Also under the download file, there are at least 10 files labeled SleepyHead!
OpalRose

OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2015, 05:28 AM)OpalRose Wrote: [
I found 4 files under My Documents:
SleepyHead-0.9
SleepyHead-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit
SleepyHeadData-Testing
SleepyHead-0.9.zip
Which one should I rename and why?
Also under the download file, there are at least 10 files labeled SleepyHead!
OpalRose

Rename SleepyHeadData-Testing, then try to run SH.

I think there's configuration data in that directory. Renaming it may cause SH to create a new configuration from scratch. It may be that your current configuration is messed up.

Rename it instead of deleting, so that, if it doesn't help, you haven't lost your old configuration.
Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply
archangel,
Have tried again to access SH! Get as far as importing data and it now tells me to point my importer at the root folder not the sub folder. This is all over my head.
I thought maby something was wrong with data card, so I had another card, put in PAP this morning and then tried that card, but it gives same message.
The strange thing is, my encore basic program is now acting the same. No matter which data card I use, it gives me a message that there is no PR data card found!
OpalRose

Oops, didn't see your reply. I will now change that name and try again. Will let you know. Thanks.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I changed name on file, went back in and tried to access SH! Now I get a message on my desktop that says:
No SleepyHead data folder found. Would you like SH to use the default location for storing its data?
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing\Profiles\Owner
Then it asks me to select Yes or No
OpalRose
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,388 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 311 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 747 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 832 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Successfully installed InfoSmart on Windows 10 DrmWEaver 5 2,377 12-07-2022, 09:24 AM
  Installing latest OSCAR on an old Windows PC Rcgop 8 822 07-17-2022, 09:08 AM
  Oscar causing Right click on desktop on windows 11 to crash Explore? hh9797 3 632 06-06-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: hh9797

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.