Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead on Windows XP
RE: SleepyHead on Windows XP
(03-27-2015, 06:28 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Ok, I changed name on file, went back in and tried to access SH! Now I get a message on my desktop that says:
No SleepyHead data folder found. Would you like SH to use the default location for storing its data?
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing\Profiles\Owner
Then it asks me to select Yes or No
OpalRose

Say "yes."
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2015, 06:19 AM)OpalRose Wrote: The strange thing is, my encore basic program is now acting the same. No matter which data card I use, it gives me a message that there is no PR data card found!

If your problems continue, try to figure out whether your computer is seeing the SD card at all.

If you need help, take the SD card out of the computer. Start "My Computer." Stick the SD card into the computer and see if another "drive" appears in "My Computer." You may need to refresh the display by pressing the F5 key.

Sometimes, the "drive" disappears, and you have to power off the computer and restart it.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2015, 06:31 AM)archangle Wrote:
(03-27-2015, 06:19 AM)OpalRose Wrote: The strange thing is, my encore basic program is now acting the same. No matter which data card I use, it gives me a message that there is no PR data card found!

If your problems continue, try to figure out whether your computer is seeing the SD card at all.

If you need help, take the SD card out of the computer. Start "My Computer." Stick the SD card into the computer and see if another "drive" appears in "My Computer." You may need to refresh the display by pressing the F5 key.

Sometimes, the "drive" disappears, and you have to power off the computer and restart it.

Ok arch,
I have to go out for awhile, but will try as soon as I get back and will let you know how it goes.
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose, a lesser person would have given up long ago. I admire your persistence on this!

Thing is, if you can get it to work, perhaps this thread will help out others who have the same types of problems.

Thanks for 'stickin' with it OpalRose, and also thanks to Archangle for helping to solve this mystery.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
archangel,
YEA! ALL SEEMS WELL.
After changing name on file as you suggested, I had no problem accessing SleepyHead. I was able to set up my profile, but I just couldn't seem to get my data downloaded from data card. I thought it might be the card, but I had an extra one and had same issue.
Then I thought it was my computer, because it is old! But your advice on checking to see if my computer was seeing my SD card was right on the mark. Followed your instruction...refreshed display, then I shut down system and restarted it. Logged onto SleepyHead again, and was able to import data with no problem!
You really went above and beyond the call of duty to help me out!
Can't say thank you enough!
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks Thanks, ThanksThanks
OpalRose
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2015, 08:50 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: OpalRose, a lesser person would have given up long ago. I admire your persistence on this!

Thing is, if you can get it to work, perhaps this thread will help out others who have the same types of problems.

Thanks for 'stickin' with it OpalRose, and also thanks to Archangle for helping to solve this mystery.

Coffee

SuperSleeper,
Thanks for the kind words. I was starting to feel like a pest, but archangel seems to have a lot of patience.
Everything seems to be working now. I hope no one else has a problem with downloading. I'm sure it was something I did or didn't do correctly. Dont-know
Just want to say that the newer version of SleepyHead is much nicer. :grin:
OpalRose
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations, Opal. Glad you got it working. Coffee

Question for Archangle: Arch, can you summarize what specifically went wrong in Opal's situation and how it was remedied, so that others can profit from this thread? With all the trial-and-error, it's hard for me to figure out the salient points. Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just an FYI:

I have the current beta (0.98-1-T3) on Windows 7, 64-bit, and Windows XP, SP 3, 32-bit.

I installed the "exe" downloadables and am using the OpenGL version on each.

Both work just great (other than what can be expected of Beta-ware).

VERY interesting (and very much appreciated) SW

An aside if I may: Philips "updated" (sic) their SleepMapper SW to DreamMapper SW but other than some more details, it is beta-ware without admitting it is. . . . VERY kludgy! :-(
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,374 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 309 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 746 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 832 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Successfully installed InfoSmart on Windows 10 DrmWEaver 5 2,377 12-07-2022, 09:24 AM
  Installing latest OSCAR on an old Windows PC Rcgop 8 822 07-17-2022, 09:08 AM
  Oscar causing Right click on desktop on windows 11 to crash Explore? hh9797 3 631 06-06-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: hh9797

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.