Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead on a Raspberry Pi 2
SleepyHead on a Raspberry Pi 2
Has anyone successfully installed SleepyHead on a Raspberry Pi?

I tried the brute-force-and-ignorance approach by trying to install a Linux image (v 1.0.0-beta-1 for Ubuntu 15.04) but it turned out it's incompatible with the Pi's Arm7 processor.

Can anyone comment on what steps one would need to take to install SleepyHead on a Pi2 or Pi3, or whether it's even feasible?

Thanks in advance for any pointers or suggestions.

- Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead on a Raspberry Pi 2
poke around and try to find an arm compatible tiny linux for your Pi. I thought I saw one on DistroWatch dot com. Hope that helps.
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Try this:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid147490
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks AlanE.

Unfortunately when I clicked the link you posted I got a "You do not have permission to access this page" error. Do you mind pasting the content directly?
Post Reply Post Reply
Shastzi: Just to be clear, I do have Ubuntu MATE installed on the Pi 2, but the Sleepyhead Ubuntu version seems to be for AMD 64b hardware. (It was a long shot, but I had to try.)

So I'm left wondering if there's a way to "build from source", whether anyone has ever successfully installed SH on a Pi...
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2016, 04:53 PM)SleepyNed Wrote: Thanks AlanE.

Unfortunately when I clicked the link you posted I got a "You do not have permission to access this page" error. Do you mind pasting the content directly?

Here's the context of the post:
Quote:pholynyk wrote:
Last night I finally got a first run of SleepyHead on a Raspberry Pi 2. For those of you not familiar, it is a credit card sized computer with four ARM core processors and a fancy GPU. It has 1 GB of memory, runs at 900 MHz, and costs US$35.00. I'm running the latest Raspian release, which is a variant of Debian 8. It uses a digital HDMI capable TV as its display.

The SleepyHead window is missing its header, so I can't move the window to get to the FileManager to mount the SD card. Next time I'll mount it before I start SH. And raise the issue on the RasPi forums.

Nothing special in the setup; I installed the QT5 stuff, including qtcreator. Qtcreator didn't configure correctly, so I just used qmake and make. No changes to the cloned source code, although I did have to define BrokenGL because the RasPi has OpenGL ES instead of the full version.

So more to do, but it shouldn't be too difficult. The major reason for the attempt is that Raspian includes Wolfram's Mathmatica, so wolson's data analysis can probably be done for an affordable price...

I hope this helps.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much for posting Alan, it's good to know someone has done it, or at least gotten close. I'll try it under Raspbian first and if that doesn't work will try Ubuntu.

- Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I just tried using Archangle's make procedure, but with Ubuntu 16.04 freshly installed on a Pi 2.

Unfortunately I couldn't create an executable and make failed with:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLU
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status"

I tried again, using the BrokenGL version:

$ qmake DEFINES+=BrokenGL
$ make -B

... but got the same error.

I'm not familiar enough with Linux to understand what's going wrong but will try these steps again under Raspbian.
Post Reply Post Reply
Couldn't get it to compile under Raspbian either. The make procedure failed with

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: serialport

Post Reply Post Reply
You do not have all the prerequisites installed. These are listed in the "how to compile on Linux" instructions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attempting to install OSCAR 1.3.1 on Raspberry Pi 3B GrumpyHere 13 1,441 09-01-2022, 12:04 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
Thumbsup OSCAR on Raspberry PI Elbarbudo 0 595 05-30-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Elbarbudo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.