Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead on iMac with OS X - importing oximetry data
SleepyHead on iMac with OS X - importing oximetry data
I downloaded the Silicon Labs USB bridge driver, then reinstalled SH OpenGL, and then the import magically worked... once! Everytime after that when I opened SH, it would crash during oximetry import. It only works if I essentially reinstall SH from the disk image each time...???

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead on iMac with OS X - importing oximetry data
I seem to have found a rather kloogey workaround - I basically never close SleepyHead on my Mac. iMac has an almost uncanny ability to "freeze" applications where they were during a shutdown, and the app seemingly never misses a beat.

I am still curious if anyone has worked with oximetry data in SleepyHead on a Mac with OS X Yosemite. I'm also hesitant to move forward with the El Capitan OS upgrade for fear of unpredictable results with an already "sensitive" Mac-version of SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Possum... and anyone else.... did you ever move forward with the El Capitan OS upgrade on your Mac? If so, how is SleepyHead working? I bought a PC running Windows 7 (originally)... now running Windows 10 to use SleepyHead because a few years ago SleepyHead wasn't available for a Mac (being run by a computer illiterate old lady). Now I'd like to ditch the PC and try SleepyHead on my Mac which is running El Capitan 10.11.6, but I want to see if anyone else is successful with a SleepyHead download for Macs before I toss the PC. THANKS
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been running SH on El Capitan 10.11.6. No major issues with the latest build.
Post Reply Post Reply
I run SH on my Mac, no problems. But I've not tried to import oximetry data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I run SH on an iMac desktop with Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6 ...no problems at all.
Just took delivery of a CMS 50F.
No way I can get SH to import data ...need to Force Quit SH on each attempt.
Searched the web and downloaded the SiLabs drivers - but no result.
Guess the CMS-50F is a small paperweight now waiting for Mac OS software to be developed - if it ever happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
SH runs fine on my iMac under the latest version of El Capitan. I haven't tried it yet on the laptop which is running Sierra (10.12). But, I also don't import oxymetric data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2016, 05:07 AM)hwka Wrote: I run SH on an iMac desktop with Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6 ...no problems at all.
Just took delivery of a CMS 50F. No way I can get SH to import data ...need to Force Quit SH on each attempt.
Searched the web and downloaded the SiLabs drivers - but no result.

I don’t have a CMS50, but I've been researching it the last few days. An alternative solution may be to save the oximeter data to your hard drive and then import that data into SH.

The first step requires running "SpO2 Assistant ver 3.0" on a Windows emulator on your Mac:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...in-Windows
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried several solutions trying to view my CMS 50D+ data (similar to other CMS oximeters) on my Mac in SleepyHead (without running a Windows emulator like Parallels) and gave up. It was discouraging to read (on Jedimark.net) that SH may require a complete rewrite this year due to software compatibility problems. Mark has been doing us a great service maintaining SH, that's a big setback! However, I did find a nice touchscreen-based PulseOximeter PM-60A that allows me to review my oxygen and pulse levels over 24 hours without the need for a computer. So I returned the CMS oximeter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Was looking up something else and came across this:

Why Do Mac Apps Stay Open When I Hit The Red X Button?

http://www.howtogeek.com/279086/why-do-m...-x-button/
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 3 65 03-13-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 89 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 268 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,605 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 328 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 417 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar importing csv files + O2 Insight Pro import eflat 1 357 10-24-2023, 10:10 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.