Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead questions (reporting double hours)
RE: SleepyHead questions (reporting double hours)
(03-19-2012, 06:30 PM)JumpStart Wrote: Uh-oh. My attachments are less than good. However, you can double click and increase the size so that they can be read. In the meantime - how do I get the right size?

they are called thumbnails. its supposed to be small size so the page doesn't have to wait to load while every picture opens. clicking to open it to full size is what is supposed to happen.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2012, 06:36 PM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(03-19-2012, 06:30 PM)JumpStart Wrote: Uh-oh. My attachments are less than good. However, you can double click and increase the size so that they can be read. In the meantime - how do I get the right size?

they are called thumbnails. its supposed to be small size so the page doesn't have to wait to load while every picture opens. clicking to open it to full size is what is supposed to happen.

Yep, Bill is correct.. if you want to get really "geeky" you can click on the thumbnails after you post them, copy the full URL (web address of the image attachment) then edit your post and use the "insert image" option in the post editing toolbar, and remove the attachment link and paste in the full image link, which will then present your images as full images instead of thumbnails.

Don't ask me to repeat that, I'm not sure I can. Too-funny

Or you can leave it as-is, and folks can always simply click on the images to expand them...

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2012, 06:30 PM)JumpStart Wrote: As I went back to create snapshots of past SleepyHead screens, I found that the program had even altered information previously shown. For example, the first instance of "doubling" showed actual (and correct) hours of 5:14 on the graph, and as determined by subtracting finish from start times, yet it displayed 10:28. Now, that data has changed, and there is no apparent rhyme or reason for its displays. It seems to change every time new data is downloaded.

This sounds like the exact same thing as what I was describing in post #8 in this thread. I import my data every morning and it's adding extra sessions each morning for the date 30 days prior to the current date, basically doubling the amount of usage hours. That's where my workaround that I described previously comes into play. In this screenshot, the 2nd and 4th sessions were the actual ones for me for 2/16/12. When I imported data this morning, it added the 1st and 3rd sessions. Under the column titled "On", I click on the left side of the black rectangle and the color changes from green or "on" to red or "off". I exit Sleepyhead and then come back in and then my total usage hours are restored to the correct amount of time.

[Image: Sleepyheadsmallduplicate.jpg]

JumpStart: None of the three screenshots you posted show the session information like what I've captured in the screenshot I've pasted here. Can you include that in another screenshot on one of your bad data days? To get to those, just click on the scroll bar to the right of the Statistics box and drag it down to the bottom until you see your session information. I'd like to see that info if you get the chance.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2012, 06:55 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Yep, Bill is correct.. if you want to get really "geeky" you can click on the thumbnails after you post them, copy the full URL (web address of the image attachment) then edit your post and use the "insert image" option in the post editing toolbar, and remove the attachment link and paste in the full image link, which will then present your images as full images instead of thumbnails.

Hey SS...that's similar to the Photobucket method that I use and described in my earlier post. You calling me "GEEKY"?Shock That's OK, I'm guilty as charged. Crying-into-tissue
Hey look at me...only 15 more posts until MM+ status is achieved!!!Way-to-happy
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2012, 08:25 PM)b360155 Wrote: Hey SS...that's similar to the Photobucket method that I use and described in my earlier post. You calling me "GEEKY"?Shock That's OK, I'm guilty as charged. Crying-into-tissue

Geeks rule... be proud of it. Big Grin
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2012, 08:08 PM)b360155 Wrote: JumpStart: None of the three screenshots you posted show the session information like what I've captured in the screenshot I've pasted here. Can you include that in another screenshot on one of your bad data days? To get to those, just click on the scroll bar to the right of the Statistics box and drag it down to the bottom until you see your session information. I'd like to see that info if you get the chance.

B36, I had previously never found the screen you described, but it seems to resolve how to work around the bug. Earlier, when you asked about 1 session, I assumed you meant that I had only selected one day to review, not the "sessions" as shown on the screen you described. I also note that your sessions were only two for any given day, and involved only a 1 hour change. Mine, as you can see, involved three for the same day, and varying hours. I have not checked all to see if others have similar problems. The only way I can get the correct total hours, if I no longer exactly remember, is to check with ResScan and then select the imports/sessions which total the necessary time. Since I don't turn off my device during the night, and therefore possibly create different "reports", this appears to be a different issue in part than you had.

On a better and unrelated note: while I have not yet resolved my AHIs, I do have the satisfaction of NOT having to go to the bathroom during the night when on CPAP. Big Grin

I have now learned two things - a more informative screen on SleepyHead, where I can work around a bug, and (more or less) how to post images here (we'll see more about that as I am attempting to post a similar image to yours.) My data for the Mar 12th is as follows:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=49]

Thanks for the help.

P.S. Yes, I know my post shows an "attached file" below. Since I have no reference to it in my post (other than as an IMG), it is yet another mystery for me to resolve.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2012, 11:22 AM)JumpStart Wrote: P.S. Yes, I know my post shows an "attached file" below. Since I have no reference to it in my post (other than as an IMG), it is yet another mystery for me to resolve.

That's the file that's attached to your post... it has to be there, since you linked to the direct URL in the image inside your post... if you remove the attachment, the image link won't work. That's the only way to do it if unless you host the image file somewhere outside of Apnea Board.

Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, SS. I hadn't wanted to take the time to set up an outside point, and I'm glad to know it needs to be there. I didn't see a way to delete the upload and still have it show in the post. On an unrelated point - thanks also for the great work you do to make this forum the good site that it is, which helps so many of us.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2012, 11:22 AM)JumpStart Wrote: B36, I had previously never found the screen you described, but it seems to resolve how to work around the bug. Earlier, when you asked about 1 session, I assumed you meant that I had only selected one day to review, not the "sessions" as shown on the screen you described. I also note that your sessions were only two for any given day, and involved only a 1 hour change.

The example I showed you was just one of many. I'll usually have 1 or 2 sessions each night. 1 session is if I sleep through the night. 2 sessions is if I wake up and turn the machine off, go to the bathroom or get a drink and then come back to bed and hose up again until I wake in the morning. In this particular example, I went to bed at 22:17 on 2/16 and woke up at 03:56 on 2/17. I turned off the machine and went to the bathroom then came back and turned the machine back on at 04:02 on 2/17 until I woke up at 05:08 on 2/17. One month later, Sleepyhead plugged in the two additional duplicate sessions for 2/16 data with one hour time differences 21:17 to 02:56 and 03:01 to 04:08. End result is I get twice as much usage hours because of the duplicate sessions, so that's when I toggle off the duplicate sessions so that the usage hours will be correct.

[Image: Sleepyheadsmallduplicate.jpg]

(03-20-2012, 11:22 AM)JumpStart Wrote: Mine, as you can see, involved three for the same day, and varying hours. I have not checked all to see if others have similar problems. The only way I can get the correct total hours, if I no longer exactly remember, is to check with ResScan and then select the imports/sessions which total the necessary time. Since I don't turn off my device during the night, and therefore possibly create different "reports", this appears to be a different issue in part than you had.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=49]

Your data is I think related to the same issue with the importer, just a slightly different twist. In yours, your true usage hours were from 00:32 to 06:55, right? For some reason, that was broken into two sessions with a split at 03:15. But similar to me, you got a duplicate session, however your duplicate session was expressed as one continuous session beginning at 01:32 and ending at 07:56, but notice the begin and end times are within a minute of being one hour difference. End result for you though is going to be the same, you're going to get data showing twice as much usage hours than you really had.

The easy way to check the accuracy of your data is to look at your overview chart. Here's a copy of mine and it's obvious that the bar for 2/16 is wrong since it's twice as high as all of the others. This is what mine looks like before toggling off those duplicate sessions.

[Image: 216withduplicate.jpg]

Once I toggle them off, I then exit the Sleepyhead program, then go back into it and the charts and this is what the corrected chart looks like.

[Image: 216corrected.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2012, 09:56 PM)b360155 Wrote: The easy way to check the accuracy of your data is to look at your overview chart. Here's a copy of mine and it's obvious that the bar for 2/16 is wrong since it's twice as high as all of the others. This is what mine looks like before toggling off those duplicate sessions.

[Image: 216corrected.jpg]

That should clearly work, but it would be best with a graph such as yours which is largely uniform, and also contains more data. In my case, I have both less data (since I am new to this) and a distinct lack of uniformity. My corrected data graph is below:

[Image: Usage1.jpg]

I hope to get to the stage you have reached, where my usage (and therefore my sleep) is also uniform.

Anyway...thanks for the help. I have been able to clear up my existing data (at least through the workaround) and hopefully JediMark will soon be able to address this. I agree that my data is quite likely a related issue to the importer and that may mean more than a simple fix is necessary. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 512 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Multiple machine reporting briano52 2 495 10-19-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: briano52
  Confused regarding AirSense 11 data reporting markcs 13 1,838 08-28-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  O2Ring "lost time" 4.5 hours, 2 weeks since previous lost time DavidEsp 5 676 04-28-2023, 03:29 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Change Compliance Hours krford1961 2 657 01-11-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: krford1961
  Develop Resmed Reporting via Bluetooth, Apple Health degrees89 6 1,516 12-23-2022, 04:29 AM
Last Post: degrees89
  Time stamp out by 8 hours, ResMed AS11 and Linux mgdapnea 10 855 11-21-2022, 06:39 PM
Last Post: mgdapnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.