Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead questions (reporting double hours)
RE: SleepyHead questions (reporting double hours)
(03-17-2012, 04:57 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: B36,

I'm surprised that you find the time to figure this stuff out... with all the exercise you get running around in that box, you've got to be completely exhausted.
Bigwink Too-funny

[Image: avatar_55.gif?dateline=1330261810]

Yeah, problem is it's like being on a treadmill. All this running around, but I don't go anywhere Oh-jeez

Seriously, though, thanks for this info, B36... good to know others are experiencing the same thing... so this is most likely a SleepyHead issue and not a S9 issue, correct?

It's a Sleepyhead issue with ResMed machines (see below).

(03-18-2012, 01:48 AM)Netskier Wrote: Is anyone seeing this on a Mac? I am not seeing this with my Mac and S9 Autoset.

Netskier

See this bug tracker thread from the Sourceforge site. This is beyond my technical expertise, but it's apparently a Sleepyhead issue with the importer on ResMed machines. Looks like it's been fixed on Mac, but not on Windows yet. See http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=det...id=2089181
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks B36, I know Mark is super busy with family right now, but I know he'll fix this bug eventually. His software is really amazing.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2012, 08:34 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Thanks B36, I know Mark is super busy with family right now, but I know he'll fix this bug eventually. His software is really amazing.

Coffee

Yep Agreed, he's got his priorities in the right order and he's built a fantastic product in Sleepyhead. Have to remember it's still in beta. He's been extremely responsive in the past and will be again I'm sure, once he gets his family issues resolved to his satisfaction. It's just a minor inconvenience for now with a workaround.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2012, 08:46 AM)b360155 Wrote: It's just a minor inconvenience for now with a workaround.

You have found a workaround for duplicate sessions, but it seems a different problem when the software simply doubles various totals, such as hours of usage, etc.. If there is a workaround for this, which will keep the data from becoming totally useless for those of us having that issue, as it now seems, I would greatly appreciate learning how to do it.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2012, 12:32 PM)JumpStart Wrote:
(03-18-2012, 08:46 AM)b360155 Wrote: It's just a minor inconvenience for now with a workaround.

You have found a workaround for duplicate sessions, but it seems a different problem when the software simply doubles various totals, such as hours of usage, etc.. If there is a workaround for this, which will keep the data from becoming totally useless for those of us having that issue, as it now seems, I would greatly appreciate learning how to do it.

Can you post some pictures of your graphs and statistics? So, you're saying you only show 1 session, but it's doubling the number of hours?? Do the session start and end times match the time of day that you turn the machine on and off?Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2012, 06:06 PM)b360155 Wrote: Can you post some pictures of your graphs and statistics? So, you're saying you only show 1 session, but it's doubling the number of hours?? Do the session start and end times match the time of day that you turn the machine on and off?Huhsign

I would be happy to post the matters I was describing, but unfortunately I have no idea how to do so. I can create a .bmp or .jpeg of the area, but putting it on the forum is something I do not know how to do. If you, or anyone else, cares to describe the procedure, I would appreciate it. I can and do use the "MyCode", and can also include a url, for example, just not something which I have created like a picture.

As to the latter question, that is exactly what I was saying. I will give you an example from the statistics page of SleepyHead although it does not format well:

Date Sleep Wake Hours
3/16/2012 01:05 09:06 14:02:01

This is not doubled, but clearly in error, as the Sleep and Wake times are accurate. Several other prior times were exactly doubled.

This odd multiplication of various data was also experienced by USMC1968, per his earlier post.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2012, 10:22 PM)JumpStart Wrote:
(03-18-2012, 06:06 PM)b360155 Wrote: Can you post some pictures of your graphs and statistics? So, you're saying you only show 1 session, but it's doubling the number of hours?? Do the session start and end times match the time of day that you turn the machine on and off?Huhsign

I would be happy to post the matters I was describing, but unfortunately I have no idea how to do so. I can create a .bmp or .jpeg of the area, but putting it on the forum is something I do not know how to do. If you, or anyone else, cares to describe the procedure, I would appreciate it. I can and do use the "MyCode", and can also include a url, for example, just not something which I have created like a picture.

As to the latter question, that is exactly what I was saying. I will give you an example from the statistics page of SleepyHead although it does not format well:

Date Sleep Wake Hours

This is not doubled, but clearly in error, as the Sleep and Wake times are accurate. Several other prior times were exactly doubled.

This odd multiplication of various data was also experienced by USMC1968, per his earlier post.

when you make a post, new or reply, at the bottom of the post it says attachments. you browse to the new attachment (picture) on your computer, click add attachment or whatever it says and then there will be a button for add to post.. be careful where it lands in the post, you may have to move it to the bottom. if you don't get this, keep asking, we'll get it. you can pm if you're really confused or if the picture size is too big. use jpg, not bmp.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2012, 10:22 PM)JumpStart Wrote: I would be happy to post the matters I was describing, but unfortunately I have no idea how to do so. I can create a .bmp or .jpeg of the area, but putting it on the forum is something I do not know how to do. If you, or anyone else, cares to describe the procedure, I would appreciate it.

Date Sleep Wake Hours

Here's an example of my February 16th data where you can see that Sleepyhead added 2 duplicate sessions. Per my workaround I've turned the duplicates off (red toggles).

[Image: SleepyheadDuplicateSessions.jpg]

To post images in the forum, I use the sniping tool in Windows 7 and save the image as a .jpg file. Then I save it to an online photo service (I use Photobucket which is free). I then copy the URL from photobucket for the image and go to my post and click on the insert image button and paste it into the box where the URL goes. Then make sure you have [IMG] at the start of the address and [IMG/] at the end (you may have to delete out duplicates). Click on preview post and you should see your image in the preview box.

If it's doubled, I'm still guessing it's adding a duplicate session. For your other issue where the start and end times are correct but the usage hours aren't, that's a new bug that I've never seen before.
Post Reply Post Reply
B36 and greatunclebill, thanks for the info on including .jpegs. I had previously tried the Attachment feature, but it did not open a window from which I could browse to my snapshots, so I assumed that was not functional. Perhaps my machine had locked up at the moment.

As I went back to create snapshots of past SleepyHead screens, I found that the program had even altered information previously shown. For example, the first instance of "doubling" showed actual (and correct) hours of 5:14 on the graph, and as determined by subtracting finish from start times, yet it displayed 10:28. Now, that data has changed, and there is no apparent rhyme or reason for its displays. It seems to change every time new data is downloaded.

This displays a finish time of after 9am - I have NEVER slept to that while on CPAP. The actual time can be determined by adding the hours shown to the start time. And as a graph reflects, no shown hour data is completely accurate.

[attachment=46]

This shows sleep time ending at 7:56 - in fact, the graph shows 6:56, which is what my written note indicates. You can also see the hour error.

[attachment=47]

And then there is the last data, for 3/17. This is accurate in both start/stop time AND total hours. Go figure. Of course, it may change tomorrow.

[attachment=48]

There are also other errors as shown earlier in the database, and they seem to change. I provided the data from the report for the 16th yesterday. To me, SleepyHead data is clearly corrupt, and I cannot rely on it. Neither would I show it to my Dr, since I would not want a diagnosis based on erroneous data. While the program has many wonderful features, it is, as JediMark frequently reminds us, a beta. I am confident that when time permits, he will be able to appropriately address the bugs and get us the program that looks so good. In the meantime, I will rely on ResScan. Fortunately, it was the availability of that program which helped tip the scales between PR and ResMed.

Post Reply Post Reply
Uh-oh. My attachments are less than good. However, you can double click and increase the size so that they can be read. In the meantime - how do I get the right size?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 291 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Multiple machine reporting briano52 2 475 10-19-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: briano52
  Confused regarding AirSense 11 data reporting markcs 13 1,734 08-28-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  O2Ring "lost time" 4.5 hours, 2 weeks since previous lost time DavidEsp 5 652 04-28-2023, 03:29 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Change Compliance Hours krford1961 2 634 01-11-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: krford1961
  Develop Resmed Reporting via Bluetooth, Apple Health degrees89 6 1,478 12-23-2022, 04:29 AM
Last Post: degrees89
  Time stamp out by 8 hours, ResMed AS11 and Linux mgdapnea 10 830 11-21-2022, 06:39 PM
Last Post: mgdapnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.