Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead software
RE: SleepyHead software
(12-28-2012, 02:10 AM)bensonlee Wrote: Hi Folks,

It is my first week with S9 AutoSet and I am trying to download the data so that I could report back my progress to my doctor (seeing high leak rate: median of 84 L / min). I have both ReScan and SleepyHead on my laptop and I agree that SleepyHead proves to be more useful and helpful. However, I cannot find the option to generate a report (just like how the ReScan provides the option to Save As PDF). I can only see the option to Print it.

Is there a report functionality in the SleepyHead Software that i can generate standard reports which I can print and show my doctor?

Thanks!

You have a couple of options for capturing a report to a file. One is CutePDF writer which is freeware. Another is Microsoft OneNote, which is part of some editions of the Microsoft Office suite. Both programs hook into the Windows printer subsystem. From any application, you "print" from the Print menu or icon, and then select either CutePDF writer or OneNote as your "printer." The appropriate program will then open and allow you to save the printed output as a file. OneNote uses its own special file format.

Quote:To create a pdf you'll either have to use ResScan or install Acrobat Professional to be able to print to a pdf, there's a few other pdf generators you could use besides Acrobat.

Generating the PDF file is the least problem because the print option should be able to help it. XPS or PDF should be good, as long as the report gets generated in a uniform fashion.

Quote:ResScan has the most detail in the reports it generates, and if your doctor has ever seen a report from another patient using a ResMed CPAP, it most likely came from ResScan and that's the style he's used to seeing.

Quote:SH is for your own benefit ... your doc more likely to be familiar with Rescan
SH is not recognized as medical or legal document

Thanks for the clarification. I asked the question because during my clinical study looks like they were following a certain report. Then during my consultation, he advised that I should bring the SD Card to the local distributor for the purpose of downloading and generation of a hard copy.

In the country where I live, the CPAP/APAP machine costs someone an arm and a limb. Even their downloading and printing service is way way overpriced. Seeing ReScan and SleepyHead available made me so happy, and I can even generate daily reports if the doc wants it without worrying on the downloading fee and printing fee of the "exclusive" distributor in the country.

Quote:the median leak rate at 84 L/min is too high and at this level ... the S9 cannot analyzed data correctly
before anything else you need to solve the leak issue
Indeed Sad But in terms of my personal feeling after my first night, it improved how i feel significantly, but not as good as when I had my clinical sleep study where I went more than 24 hours awake the following day without dozing off. So probably (and I hope) when the mask issue is solved, everything goes well.

Quote:have you had titration study or you,re doing at home with Autoset
the reason asking, your pressure range set at 4-14
maybe the doc want to see the data to adjust the range

Yup. I had a clinical sleep study in the hospital overnight. Thanks for pointing this out. I reviewed my prescription and it was actually 4-12 cm H20, and not up to 14 cm H2O. So probably I will have to adjust the machine tonight to reflect the correct value.

On a CPAP though, his prescription says 10 cm H2O. Now, this is more or less aligned to what the machine actually recorded because the median pressure was 10.5 cm H2O, and probably it was due to that leak that the machine had to blow more pressure. But then again, the lea is too high for the reading to be trusted.

Quote:In SleepyHead, click File then Print Report. Not sure what it prints since I've not used it (out of ink).
It is pretty much like a "print screen" where what you see on the screen gets printed exactly as it appears, and not in a "report" format where you can present it in a "formal way".

I guess I will go for the ReScan for the Doc's requirement and Sleepy Head for my own Smile

Thanks everyone for your quick responses.
(12-17-2012, 02:40 PM)zonk Wrote:
(12-17-2012, 08:01 AM)hunningsedaniel Wrote: That's OK because I am getting a new S9 at the end of the week. I am just trying to get set up ahead of time. But thank you anyway.
ResScan also free and support the S9 but only works with windows

ResScan Report Interpretation Guide
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf
I have the SH installed on my laptop. I am using windows 7 and had no problem installing it. When I first read the SD card, the info went right in. this morning, I tried to download last nights info ad it kept saying nothing was due and would not download. I believe my S9 record from noon to noon. Due I need to wait until after noon to download the info? I also had the same problem with resscan. Please help.
(12-28-2012, 05:23 PM)hunningsedaniel Wrote: Due I need to wait until after noon to download the info? I also had the same problem with resscan. Please help.

You can download the data anytime, you don't have to wait until after noon.

It sounds like your SD Card didn't record any data for last night, are you certain it was inserted all the way into the slot?

(12-28-2012, 05:31 PM)TheWerkz Wrote:
(12-28-2012, 05:23 PM)hunningsedaniel Wrote: Due I need to wait until after noon to download the info? I also had the same problem with resscan. Please help.

It sounds like your SD Card didn't record any data for last night, are you certain it was inserted all the way into the slot?
if its the case .. inset the card into the machine ..wait for "Reading SD Card" message display on the screen and when the message gone
take the card out, just would loose last night detailed data but the S9 write statistics and compliance data on the card

Make sure the card is unlocked. On the side is a tiny little switch thing. There will be two icons of a lock. Slide it to the one that is the "unlocked" icon.

But, since you have a Resmed, if the card did not record anything during the night, all you will get now is basic data. AHI, leaks, and...something else. Can't remember now. The detailed graphs are only written on the card during the night.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(12-28-2012, 07:33 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Make sure the card is unlocked.
FYI - if you insert card in locked position a message display on the screen
"Read only card ... please remove, unlock and re-insert SD card"
otherwise the S9 dig in her heels and would not start with the card in locked position

(12-28-2012, 05:45 PM)zonk Wrote:
(12-28-2012, 05:31 PM)TheWerkz Wrote:

if its the case .. inset the card into the machine ..wait for "Reading SD Card" message display on the screen and when the message gone
take the card out, just would loose last night detailed data but the S9 write statistics and compliance data on the card
Don't know what I did wrong. It is 7:50 pm and I tried to download last nights data again. It worked perfectly on SH and ResScan. I must have had a stupid attack or maybe I got so much good sleep last night that I was just confused this morning. AmazingBed
glad it worked for you. at times the S9 can be bit finicky Too-funny

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 381 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 585 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,076 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 641 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  AirSense 11 water / humidity / software incident rpierce 5 1,194 07-31-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.