Mask Make & Model: F&P Pilairo Q or ResMed Mirage Activa
Humidifier: PR System One
CPAP Pressure: 14 - 20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Former ResMed S8 Autoset II user

Sex: Male

RE: SleepyHead software
(12-28-2012 02:10 AM)bensonlee Wrote:  Hi Folks,

It is my first week with S9 AutoSet and I am trying to download the data so that I could report back my progress to my doctor (seeing high leak rate: median of 84 L / min). I have both ReScan and SleepyHead on my laptop and I agree that SleepyHead proves to be more useful and helpful. However, I cannot find the option to generate a report (just like how the ReScan provides the option to Save As PDF). I can only see the option to Print it.

Is there a report functionality in the SleepyHead Software that i can generate standard reports which I can print and show my doctor?

Thanks!

You have a couple of options for capturing a report to a file. One is CutePDF writer which is freeware. Another is Microsoft OneNote, which is part of some editions of the Microsoft Office suite. Both programs hook into the Windows printer subsystem. From any application, you "print" from the Print menu or icon, and then select either CutePDF writer or OneNote as your "printer." The appropriate program will then open and allow you to save the printed output as a file. OneNote uses its own special file format.
12-28-2012 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
bensonlee Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro Full Face Mask
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 4-14 cmH20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Quote:To create a pdf you'll either have to use ResScan or install Acrobat Professional to be able to print to a pdf, there's a few other pdf generators you could use besides Acrobat.

Generating the PDF file is the least problem because the print option should be able to help it. XPS or PDF should be good, as long as the report gets generated in a uniform fashion.

Quote:ResScan has the most detail in the reports it generates, and if your doctor has ever seen a report from another patient using a ResMed CPAP, it most likely came from ResScan and that's the style he's used to seeing.

Quote:SH is for your own benefit ... your doc more likely to be familiar with Rescan
SH is not recognized as medical or legal document

Thanks for the clarification. I asked the question because during my clinical study looks like they were following a certain report. Then during my consultation, he advised that I should bring the SD Card to the local distributor for the purpose of downloading and generation of a hard copy.

In the country where I live, the CPAP/APAP machine costs someone an arm and a limb. Even their downloading and printing service is way way overpriced. Seeing ReScan and SleepyHead available made me so happy, and I can even generate daily reports if the doc wants it without worrying on the downloading fee and printing fee of the "exclusive" distributor in the country.

Quote:the median leak rate at 84 L/min is too high and at this level ... the S9 cannot analyzed data correctly
before anything else you need to solve the leak issue
Indeed Sad But in terms of my personal feeling after my first night, it improved how i feel significantly, but not as good as when I had my clinical sleep study where I went more than 24 hours awake the following day without dozing off. So probably (and I hope) when the mask issue is solved, everything goes well.

Quote:have you had titration study or you,re doing at home with Autoset
the reason asking, your pressure range set at 4-14
maybe the doc want to see the data to adjust the range

Yup. I had a clinical sleep study in the hospital overnight. Thanks for pointing this out. I reviewed my prescription and it was actually 4-12 cm H20, and not up to 14 cm H2O. So probably I will have to adjust the machine tonight to reflect the correct value.

On a CPAP though, his prescription says 10 cm H2O. Now, this is more or less aligned to what the machine actually recorded because the median pressure was 10.5 cm H2O, and probably it was due to that leak that the machine had to blow more pressure. But then again, the lea is too high for the reading to be trusted.

Quote:In SleepyHead, click File then Print Report. Not sure what it prints since I've not used it (out of ink).
It is pretty much like a "print screen" where what you see on the screen gets printed exactly as it appears, and not in a "report" format where you can present it in a "formal way".

I guess I will go for the ReScan for the Doc's requirement and Sleepy Head for my own Smile

Thanks everyone for your quick responses.
12-28-2012 04:53 PM
hunningsedaniel Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: fisher & pakal flexifit 432 Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14 - 21 cm H2O PS=4

Other Comments:

(12-17-2012 02:40 PM)zonk Wrote:  
(12-17-2012 08:01 AM)hunningsedaniel Wrote:  That's OK because I am getting a new S9 at the end of the week. I am just trying to get set up ahead of time. But thank you anyway.
ResScan also free and support the S9 but only works with windows

ResScan Report Interpretation Guide
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interpretation-Guide.pdf
I have the SH installed on my laptop. I am using windows 7 and had no problem installing it. When I first read the SD card, the info went right in. this morning, I tried to download last nights info ad it kept saying nothing was due and would not download. I believe my S9 record from noon to noon. Due I need to wait until after noon to download the info? I also had the same problem with resscan. Please help.
12-28-2012 05:23 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
TheWerkz Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i & ClimateLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto-CPAP 11 - 20

Other Comments:

(12-28-2012 05:23 PM)hunningsedaniel Wrote:  Due I need to wait until after noon to download the info? I also had the same problem with resscan. Please help.

You can download the data anytime, you don't have to wait until after noon.

It sounds like your SD Card didn't record any data for last night, are you certain it was inserted all the way into the slot?
12-28-2012 05:31 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(12-28-2012 05:31 PM)TheWerkz Wrote:  
(12-28-2012 05:23 PM)hunningsedaniel Wrote:  Due I need to wait until after noon to download the info? I also had the same problem with resscan. Please help.

It sounds like your SD Card didn't record any data for last night, are you certain it was inserted all the way into the slot?
if its the case .. inset the card into the machine ..wait for "Reading SD Card" message display on the screen and when the message gone
take the card out, just would loose last night detailed data but the S9 write statistics and compliance data on the card
12-28-2012 05:45 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Make sure the card is unlocked. On the side is a tiny little switch thing. There will be two icons of a lock. Slide it to the one that is the "unlocked" icon.

But, since you have a Resmed, if the card did not record anything during the night, all you will get now is basic data. AHI, leaks, and...something else. Can't remember now. The detailed graphs are only written on the card during the night.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-28-2012 07:33 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

(12-28-2012 07:33 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  Make sure the card is unlocked.
FYI - if you insert card in locked position a message display on the screen
"Read only card ... please remove, unlock and re-insert SD card"
otherwise the S9 dig in her heels and would not start with the card in locked position
12-28-2012 07:48 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
hunningsedaniel Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: fisher & pakal flexifit 432 Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14 - 21 cm H2O PS=4

Other Comments:

(12-28-2012 05:45 PM)zonk Wrote:  
(12-28-2012 05:31 PM)TheWerkz Wrote:  

if its the case .. inset the card into the machine ..wait for "Reading SD Card" message display on the screen and when the message gone
take the card out, just would loose last night detailed data but the S9 write statistics and compliance data on the card
Don't know what I did wrong. It is 7:50 pm and I tried to download last nights data again. It worked perfectly on SH and ResScan. I must have had a stupid attack or maybe I got so much good sleep last night that I was just confused this morning. AmazingBed
12-28-2012 07:56 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

glad it worked for you. at times the S9 can be bit finicky Too-funny
12-28-2012 08:23 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SleepyHead software... does it support DreamStation now? kyhmm72 6 841 03-30-2016 11:49 PM
Last Post: palerider
  And SleepyHead's New Software License is... jedimark 20 1,620 03-27-2016 02:31 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Air curve 10 and Sleepyhead software sleepyOttawaSteve 16 1,316 02-26-2016 10:29 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Sleepyhead software - help with understanding charts stevewerth 3 567 02-15-2016 10:42 PM
Last Post: stevewerth
  Newbie to Sleepyhead software - few questions stevewerth 12 1,118 02-15-2016 03:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Stomach Sleepers with SleepyHead Software stcrim 6 947 01-27-2016 12:35 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
Thumbsdown Onkor Free CPAP Software; Discuss the Software Here Cutter 6 6,901 11-28-2014 08:53 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2