Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead startup problems
SleepyHead startup problems
I am new to the Forum, as well as to the CPAP experience. I obtained a DreamStation and am now looking to visualize the data more than the machine offers.

I downloaded SleepyHead, installed it, and have tried both of the .exe files to startup, with no result. It does not start.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks to all ahead of time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead startup problems
What operating system are you using? Also, get a checksum utility (Google: free checksum utility) and verify your download against the SHA1 value listed under the download you selected.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am with Windows 7 Ultimate.

Downloaded MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility 2.1, verified the SHA1 of the downloaded file.

Next step ? ? ?

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, it might be a file ownership problem. Here is a link for a script that will add the option "Take Ownership" to your option list when you right-click a file or directory. This zip file has two files, one to install this option and one to remove it (if you ever want to).
File: Take Ownership

To install; unzip the files then right-click the "Install" one and select Merge.

See if this solves your problem.

Edit: Make sure that you disable any anti-virus software that you may be running. The SH install file can trip a virus signature warning in some versions.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead should have been basically a simple self download process, the simplest way is to follow the download steps and select the suggested options for the folder and desktop icon the program recommends.

Then when you first open the program you can create a User Profile and password,from then on each time you open the program you click on your profile name and enter your password.

To download data from the Dreamstation you put the SD card from the machine in to the card slot [or an external card reader that is plugged in to your computer if it doesn't have an SD card slot].

On the main Sleepyhead screen there are two [2] icons that look like an SD card, click on either one of those icons and the program will automatically download to the Sleepyhead folder the program originally created.

Then each time you want to download from the CPAP to the computer simple repeat the same steps.
Open the program, log in to your User profile, insert the SD card, click the SD card icon to import data.

From the main Sleepyhead screen you can access all your data, machine serial number, and all other relevant information by clicking on Daily/Statistics/Overview to look at all your current and past data.

If you change machines in the future it is simply a matter of swapping the SD card you are using at the time from the old to the new machine, Sleepyhead will log the date/time of the change, complete with the serial number and so forth of the new machine [it keeps the details of the old one as well].

The program will continue to log your data, complete with average and individual statistics from day one of CPAP use.

You should not be needing to use exe. files or the like to start the program, the download should have set it all up for you.

I'd suggest an uninstall and reinstall of Sleepyhead may be in order, use the link for it at the top of this page.. it has the latest version/upgrade of Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
As posted in other thread, try the brokenGL version. You'll find it in the program files(x86)\sleepyhead folder.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson Nape. Did as suggested and still NEITHER the SH .exe file runs, nor the brokenGL opens and runs.

Also tried downloading, all from point zero. Still the same results.

Any other ideas????

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm, As I understand you, your computer doesn't do anything when you try to start SleepyHead. . . . no error message or anything. I don't know how involved you want to get. The only thing that I can think of, right now, is to eliminate your computer from the equation. Do you have access to another computer that you could try loading SleepyHead on?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape - yes, a friends computer; and I did download and upon finishing instantly starts to run and ask for information. Seems to work just fine.

Any further ideas regarding my computer? ? ? ?

Thanks again for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, If I was in front of your computer I'd reboot then, with any antivirus disabled, try starting SH BrokenGL version. This version is more forgiving about the graphic card in the PC. If it doesn't start I would run "Event Viewer" (just type in the name in the Start->Search box). Go to Custom Views->Administrative Events. See if any errors show up that are related to SH. This may give you an insight of what is going wrong. Give this a try and report back because I just hit the end of my thought process at this time.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 49 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Wrong Equipment Displayed During Oscar startup Aknakon 4 494 01-18-2024, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 564 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  OSCAR Problems on Mac Sonoma 14.0 kenhh 6 1,060 11-05-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: WW4B
  Need help with OSCAR--several problems and can't use it SideSleeper 14 1,156 01-11-2023, 06:43 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  OSCAR HELP- New Problems ApneaticBill 4 548 11-25-2022, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  RamboAB - Wellue Import Problems RamboAB 29 1,862 06-12-2022, 12:19 PM
Last Post: RamboAB

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.