Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead updated yet for 60 Series REMstar? [Patch available, See Post #36]
RE: SleepyHead updated yet for 60 Series REMstar? [Possible fix - See Post #10]
You have some good questions I have just downloaded it now & see what you are talking about but I don't know but there are a lot of people here that use SH that may be able to shed some light on your questions so check back now & then as I will.

Thanks for your question.
Poke around in the menu items and you'll see lots of different things you can customize, like the colors for different displays. I think, anyway, IIRC.

Keep in mind that SleepyHead is beta software. Expect bugs.

If you really want to help out you can report those bugs on the SourceForge SleepyHead website.

And please consider donating to the author. He deserves it for the many benefits he's provided to the hosehead community. Who knows, maybe those donations will help intice him to come back and work some more on the product. Maybe someone else can pick up where he left off and help him out. It's open source software.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
And please consider donating to the author. He deserves it for the many benefits he's provided to the hosehead community. Who knows, maybe those donations will help intice him to come back and work some more on the product. Maybe someone else can pick up where he left off and help him out. It's open source software.
[/quote]

Sleepyhead
I haven't used it yet because my current software works with the machine I have. I looked at some sleepyhead information, reports etc. online. I was surprised that someone who did not work for the manufacturer could find enough information about the various machines to write software like sleepyhead. I went to source forge and looked at some of the c++ source code. I could see that it would take a lot of research and programming time to develop the program. It is fortunate that Mark took it on himself to do it. It appears that he gets some help but I am sure he would appreciate more. I have some c++ experience but I am not at the level right now and do not have the time to be of much help. Hopefully he can get the donations and or help that he needs to keep the software up to date.
GeneS
(10-30-2012, 09:00 AM)jfmusil Wrote: Does anyone know what the different colors mean on the various charts?

If you look just above the top line of the particular chart and to the right-hand side, you will see the legend for what each color means. Each legend has a *tiny* color dot before it. The dots are too small to see clearly, but their colors correspond to the lines on the chart.

For instance, on the Leaks chart the legend indicates:
Dark grey dot = Maximum leak
Light grey dot = 95% leak
Light blue dot = Average leak

On the Peak AHI chart:
Orange dot = AHI/Hr average
Blue dot = AHI/Hr maximum

Each chart has a similar legend on the top right.
(10-02-2012, 04:23 PM)Nascardave Wrote: I have a Phillips Remstar 560p. Does anyone know if sleepyhead has been updated so I can go over the data that is on my sd card? Or if there is any software that will allow me to view the data on the sd card.

It seems to understand my MicroSD card (with an SD adapter) used on my REMstar SE. Nobody told me the capacity it requires or how to format it. I think I formatted it FAT32 and stuck it in blank. 2 gig capacity. Seems to work. But I guess it needs some time before giving any readings. A week? A month? Sleepyhead identified the machine I was using. Right now there's little I can do right now.
Remember that I just upgraded from a 14 year old machine that turns on and turns off. The ramp time and even the pressure were controlled by a screw (one for each) behind a hidden panel that I never messed with since it required a manometer that I didn't possess. As such it appeared t be mostly if not totally mechanical. No data or computer interface whatsoever. So linking to a computer is a new concept in terms of CPAP for me. When Vitalaire requested a replacement they cited that as one of the reasons (and the company, Healthdyne, apparently doesn't exist anymore.). And what of Sleepyhead? I was told there was an update but the update wouldn't install until I logged in as Administrator. I also have the PC Direct program from the Philips website. Sooner or later I'll actually make use of both.
For those with Series 60 machines (like Nascardave's 560P) who don't want to bother with the SleepyHead patch you can just use EncoreBasic. Respironics has made it available for free downloads. Send me a PM for details.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Does everyone believe this SleepyHead patch for PR S1 REMstar Series 60 machines is stable and safe enough to host here in Apnea Board?

I'm thinking about uploading the patch to the server, just to make it easier for folks to download. It's open-source, so there's no legal issues here.

Also, if we think it's stable enough, I'd like to include a link to that download on our SleepyHead thread which gives the link to the main software site.

And, what is the correct procedure for this patch for installation?

Thanks for any help you can offer here...

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Is this patch for ALL versions of SH software or just the Windows version? Dont-know
(11-05-2012, 08:34 AM)cbramsey Wrote: Is this patch for ALL versions of SH software or just the Windows version? Dont-know

At first there was only one patch (Windows)... but later on, someone posted a patch for Mac OsX.

Take a look at the Sourceforge thread, later in the thread is the download link for the OSX patch:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhe...ic/6062334

Of course, I don't have a Mac, so no way to test whether it works or is safe to use. It's a Mac .dmg file.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

From what I've seen you have to find the executable SH file, and replace it with the "patch". Maybe someone will modify the patch to make it easier to install.
Sleepster

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,491 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 731 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,598 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,465 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7
  OSCAR 1.4.0 not loading [solved, see post #2] clayesq 1 579 08-24-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: clayesq
  Oscar Not Loading My Profile [solved, see post #10] mawaw1992 10 1,249 08-22-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Oscar will not show Overview after SD card Replacement [Solved, see post #4] DaKitty 4 760 05-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.