Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead updated yet for 60 Series REMstar? [Patch available, See Post #36]
RE: SleepyHead updated yet for 60 Series REMstar? [Possible fix - See Post #10]
(11-05-2012, 08:53 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(11-05-2012, 08:34 AM)cbramsey Wrote: Is this patch for ALL versions of SH software or just the Windows version? Dont-know

At first there was only one patch (Windows)... but later on, someone posted a patch for Mac OsX.

Take a look at the Sourceforge thread, later in the thread is the download link for the OSX patch:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhe...ic/6062334

Of course, I don't have a Mac, so no way to test whether it works or is safe to use. It's a Mac .dmg file.

Thanks SS!!! Thanks

I downloaded the new .dmg file from the link provided. I deleted the existing SH application from the Applications folder. I opened the new .dmg file and drug the new SH file to the Applications folder.

It appears to work without problems. The new SH version number is 0.9.2-3.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
[/i]
(11-05-2012, 08:58 AM)Sleepster Wrote: From what I've seen you have to find the executable SH file, and replace it with the "patch". Maybe someone will modify the patch to make it easier to install.

I am running SleepyHead v0.9.2 with patch & I haven't had any trouble or crashes so so-far no problems other then trying to adapt from EncoreBasic.
(11-05-2012, 09:12 AM)cbramsey Wrote:
(11-05-2012, 08:53 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(11-05-2012, 08:34 AM)cbramsey Wrote: Is this patch for ALL versions of SH software or just the Windows version? Dont-know

At first there was only one patch (Windows)... but later on, someone posted a patch for Mac OsX.

Take a look at the Sourceforge thread, later in the thread is the download link for the OSX patch:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhe...ic/6062334

Of course, I don't have a Mac, so no way to test whether it works or is safe to use. It's a Mac .dmg file.

Thanks SS!!! Thanks

I downloaded the new .dmg file from the link provided. I deleted the existing SH application from the Applications folder. I opened the new .dmg file and drug the new SH file to the Applications folder.

It appears to work without problems. The new SH version number is 0.9.2-3.

I could not see the new SH version number is 0.9.2-3. is it posted on the forum somewhere?
Where can I get version 0.9.2-3.
(11-05-2012, 02:05 PM)dcgrafix Wrote: I could not see the new SH version number is 0.9.2-3. is it posted on the forum somewhere?
Where can I get version 0.9.2-3.

DCG - not sure, but I think he was talking about the Apple Max OSX version of SleepyHead, not the Windows version...

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Ok
I see now

Thanks
I put this notice and links to the Series 60 patches in the SleepyHead download link thread HERE.

Also, here's the same info for those who'd like the patch:

Quote:
Admin Note for PR System One Series 60 owners:
If you have a "Series 60" PR System One machine (usually says 560 on the bottom of the machine, as opposed to the older 550 series), you will need the "Series 60 patch" for SleepyHead to work with your machine. Mark is working on integrating this patch into the official version of SleepyHead, but in the meantime, we will make these patches available.

For the PC version, we list the zipped ".exe" file here. After installing the standard version of SleepyHead, you will need to simply replace the standard .exe file with this new patched .exe file in your c:/program files (x86)/sleepyhead/ directory.

Link to Series 60 patch for PCs:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/thefreemanclan....pyHead.zip

For the Mac OSX version, we list the ".dmg" file here. Simply delete the existing SleepyHead application from the Applications folder, then open the new .dmg file and drag the new SleepyHead file to the Applications folder.

Link to Series 60 patch for Mac OSX:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/thefreemanclan....pyHead.dmg

It's my understanding that Mark is working on integrating these Series 60 patches into the next version of SleepyHead. If someone notices that Mark has completed that update, please let me know so we can remove the links to these patches.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

[quote='SuperSleeper' pid='22468' dateline='1352475929']
I put this notice and links to the Series 60 patches in the SleepyHead download link thread HERE.

I'd like to say Thank You! to Mark for the Sleepyhead software and the patch for the PR series 60 data, and also to SuperSleeper for the links to them. I appreciate the efforts you have made in making these tools and information available to all.
Patch does not work with 60 Series BiPAP
Apparently, even the patched version of SH doesn't work with some or all 60 series BiPAPs.

You get some of the graphs, but nonsense AHI numbers, and no data on events.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
RE: Patch does not work with 60 Series BiPAP
(11-19-2012, 05:24 PM)archangle Wrote: Apparently, even the patched version of SH doesn't work with some or all 60 series BiPAPs.

You get some of the graphs, but nonsense AHI numbers, and no data on events.

Bummer. Well, hopefully Mark will integrate this patch and update the software to include proper compatibility with these other Series 60 PR System one machines.

At least the patch seems to be working for the Pro and Auto versions.

Cool
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

RE: Patch does not work with 60 Series BiPAP
(11-19-2012, 07:59 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Well, hopefully Mark will integrate this patch and update the software to include proper compatibility with these other Series 60 PR System one machines.
At least the patch seems to be working for the Pro and Auto versions.

Has anyone compiled 32- and 64-bit packages of the patched version for Linux yet?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,491 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 731 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,597 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,465 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7
  OSCAR 1.4.0 not loading [solved, see post #2] clayesq 1 579 08-24-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: clayesq
  Oscar Not Loading My Profile [solved, see post #10] mawaw1992 10 1,249 08-22-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Oscar will not show Overview after SD card Replacement [Solved, see post #4] DaKitty 4 760 05-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.