Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Software help
S9 Software help
Hi all,

I sustained a power outage and my SD card is no longer reading itself afterwards. I am going to download the software again. My setting has been at AUTO and I was looking for some advice on how to keep the settings at AUTO if I get a new card or try and re-program the old SD card.
Has anyone had a similar issue where their SD card no longer was working and how you got to keep the auto setting of the S9?

Any help greatly appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Software help
S9 defines an entire family of ResMed PAPs.
Is your S9 an Autoset? (Look near the Start Button.)
If it's an autoset, it should stay in Auto unless programmed otherwise.

What do you mean by: "my SD card is no longer reading itself"?

Get back to me; and I'll try to answer your questions.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Mongo for the reply. When I had the power outage the power went off and on and a few times. Right after that, the S-9 had the message NO SD CARD FOUND. I took out and out back in the SD card several times and it keeps giving the message NO SD CARD FOUND.
I am due for my commercial DOT exam and they require you bring them your SD card so they can see that you are using your machine. I was wondering if anyone else had an issue with their SD card and can they possibly be reformatted and do I risk the chance of the S-9 coming off of auto mode?
Where can I get a replacement SD card and is it possible yo try and reformat mine?
Post Reply Post Reply
you may have fried the sd card or the machine, do you have another sd card you can use? they use a standard card. I wouldn't format your current sd card the data may still be on it and can be handed over.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you read your existing card in a computer? If so the data is still intact. I'd do as Ajack suggested and keep that card aside and get a new one for your machine. Any low capacity (2Gb) SD card will do - the type you might get in a camera or similar.

Quote:I am due for my commercial DOT exam and they require you bring them your SD card so they can see that you are using your machine.

If your existing card can be read in a computer (see above) then there is no problem. If it can't then you need a new card. When you insert the new card in the machine, it will probably ask if it can format the card - say "Yes". It will then copy all the compliance data (eg hours used, AHI) from the machine to the new card. It won't copy detailed high resolution data such as flow rates etc, as these are not stored internally in the machine. But that is not likely to be an issue - I suspect they will only want to see your compliance data.

Quote:I was wondering if anyone else had an issue with their SD card and can they possibly be reformatted and do I risk the chance of the S-9 coming off of auto mode?

It's not uncommon for card to go on the fritz. You can reformat it, but I wouldn't - as discussed above, keep this fried card as the sleep clinic may be able to read it for you.

The machine settings (eg fixed / auto pressure) are retained in the machine and don't change unless you change them (though it's possible a severe power fluctuation might have done some damage to the firmware). If you put in a fresh card without settings information on it, the machine will use its current setting (which in your case is Auto).

Quote:Where can I get a replacement SD card and is it possible yo try and reformat mine?

Any place that sells cameras and electronic stuff. I wouldn't try to reformat your old card - just keep it aside and use the new one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you turn off the machine for 10 minutes, plug it in again, remove the sd card and reinsert it. Sometimes I get a 'do you want to format' when it takes me a couple of tries to insert the card. I take it out, wait a minute till the screen goes back to normal and then reinsert it and it then reads ok.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
The standard card that comes with an S9 is a 2GB card. I bought a bunch of Transcend 2GB cards from Amazon. I have had to replace the original card once. I have noticed that my new card appears to read faster than the OEM card. Like Deepbreathing says, the compliance data for DOT is kept internal to the machine. So, unless a catastrophic failure has occurred, a new card should pick up the data for your DOT exam.

You should use a high quality surge protector between your power cord and wall outlet.

I also use Dust-Off to blow dust out of the card reader slot as part of my monthly routine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

I have tried shutting off the machine and what I am getting is "Invalid SD card, select to erase all data. Yesterday when I put the card into the computer it had data back a few months when the electricity went out. Today the computer does not seem to be holding my data only sample stuff is left.
What kind of SD is this called? It is pretty big. If I get another card will it have saved my data on the machine? The DOT wants to see that I have been using it, which I do every night, I just need to prove it by taking the SD card to the physical with me.
Any suggestions at this point?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,009 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,191 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,101 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 686 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.