Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2 Erasing Daily Notes
SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2 Erasing Daily Notes
SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2 on Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 is sporadically erasing my detailed daily notes. Is there any way to prevent this besides just not using the notes feature?

I first noticed a bug when I would write a daily note before importing the day's data. Sometimes, but not always, the note would be erased after import. So I stopped writing notes before importing. Now several days worth of notes I wrote after I imported the day's data have been erased, apparently without any way to recover the data.

Is there any way to prevent this behavior?

In the mean time, I'll just journal to a separate text document. But I'd prefer to keep all my notes with my Sleepyhead data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2 Erasing Daily Notes
Try the latest update 1.0.0-beta 2.2.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2018, 08:25 PM)AlanE Wrote: Try the latest update 1.0.0-beta 2.2.

Thanks. I assume I'm using the latest official binary. However, unless there was a specific bug report and bug fix for this issue resolved in beta 2.2 I'm not sure that will make a difference. I'm not sure where to check the change log for beta 2.2.

What I don't know is Sleepyhead's save behavior. Perhaps closing the program after making notes would make a difference? Importing data from SD shouldn't overwrite the notes field because the machines don't have notes, but that is easily the kind of issue that could be a bug.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a link to version 1.1.0:
https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./testing/1.1.0/
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark wrote, "I made a snafu with the 1.0.0-beta-2 build that mucked up bookmarks... I updated the 1.0.0-2 build to fix it." I don't know if bookmarks code is the same code he used for journal reports but worth a shot. This was only done for the Mac build hence 2.2
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2018, 11:54 AM)AlanE Wrote: Mark wrote, "I made a snafu with the 1.0.0-beta-2 build that mucked up bookmarks... I updated the 1.0.0-2 build to fix it." I don't know if bookmarks code is the same code he used for journal reports but worth a shot. This was only done for the Mac build hence 2.2

Cool, thanks.

I'll back up my current data and give the latest beta a try - well, if there are binaries. Compiling my own binaries is outside my skill set. :-)

(Switching to the unstable Beta is a bit ironic, though. "Hey, I occasionally loose notes on this otherwise stable software. I know, I'll switch to the *unstable* beta so there won't be any bugs." :-D )
Post Reply Post Reply
Features, not bugs. ;-)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 192 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 555 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  Can OSCAR calculate AHI for a selected time range on the daily? kenmai9 2 496 10-31-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: kenmai9
  Blank Areas on OSCAR Daily reports ejbpesca 13 992 10-15-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Identify nights by notes? BlueSky1958 6 981 06-11-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  journaling/notes per night? ImAlwaysTiredd 0 383 04-22-2023, 08:56 PM
Last Post: ImAlwaysTiredd
Question OSCAR Daily Data with Airsense 11 SJKEMP 2 1,461 02-22-2023, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SJKEMP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.