Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead version 1.1 Release [plus odd posts by JediMark]
RE: SleeyHead version 1.1 Release
(01-23-2019, 02:22 PM)Maudessen Wrote: Hello! I'm a retired business analyst and instructional designer. I can test and report bugs, document a help system, and create training materials. Please let me know how to help.

I do not recognize you on the discord server.  I'm leading the testing and my handle refers to my hobby, BeerDuJour

Fred Bonjour
Did you seriously really think this is a good idea undermining the SleepyHead project like you have done Pholy?

If you push software creators away from their own work, the whole community loses out.

People seem to LOVE speaking in my behalf despite it absolutely infuriating me, and I've been misquoted and taken out of context a lot, to the point people believed I've stopped working on SleepyHead altogether, when this was NOT true, and now have a FREAKING HUGE AMOUNT of high quality code I haven't released yet for a damn good and logical reason hanging in the balance while I struggle to resist the urge to throw this stinking computer against a wall because of all of this!

I'm not anti-community or anti-contribution, I had my reasons for killing 1.x off and pushing towards 2.0 code review and rework, so we could share a stable codebase to work from without critical design flaws getting in the way from back when I was a migraine addled wreck suffering from poorly treated OSA. Those reasons should have been respected. 

Yes, It's true I unfortunately had to slow my project work and interactions down, because I hit a point in life where I need to "man up" and prioritise on my family obligations, and had no choice but to limit (not STOP!) my project work until I found a solution to sorting out some financial issues: Now my health has improved to the point I CAN work a normal job, I NEED to work to earn some money to pay my fair share of household bills like any other respectable father and husband should. 

SleepyHead project donors are truly appreciated, they have helped me greatly in covering Sleepyhead's operational costs, like remote servers, domain costs, basic office needs, and helping me keep my cross platform hardware and software configurations and necessary tools in working order. Without them I couldn't do this, as the financial burden would have been too great, and am grateful to them from the bottom of my heart.

So far though, my actual time spent working on SleepyHead has entirely been unpaid volunteer labour, so my existence during this time has been funded entirely by my wife Laura (thanks Laura, like times a million!), while I've struggled with my thankfully now improving health. This slowdown in development was only a temporary situation, and I was actively looking into longer term options to make it work that WOULD NOT HAVE affected SleepyHead's OpenSource & Free (As in Freedom) software status. 

I've put in more combined hours each year (largely in a flurries of polyphasic sleep power-coding bursts followed by recovery periods which I know people dislike, but allowed me to work around my limitations) into SleepyHead than many of you would put into your day jobs, just to bring you all this software. (If you doubt this and you're one of those that misunderstands the software development cycle and judges my work solely on code output, look at https://www.openhub.net/p/sleepyhead/estimated_cost <- you can mock or discredit the Basic Cocomo model all you want, I'm just using it to demonstrate the effort I put into SleepyHead was far more than many realise, and this isn't including the 2.0 major cleanup mind you, which adds another years worth of code to that...)

Just remember to think of Jedimark next time your boss asks you to do free overtime and you tell him to shove it... I've worked 8 YEARS literally primarily for just the gratitude, love and respect of SleepyHead users (which part I DON'T regret at all), just for ApneaBoard & Pholy to sh*t on my efforts and take over when I was already pushing enough sh*t uphill.

Doing this without consulting with me was utterly disgusting. I NEVER gave Arie the go ahead for this to happen, he immediately took something I said right out of context, and completely ignored me asking him to let me think on it and NOT jump ahead by discussing it with anyone else.

ApneaBoard should never have allowed any of this to happen and needs to correct this for the good of SleepyHead and CPAP users worldworld. But hey, whatever drives traffic over here, right? ?

And Pholy, why do this? You weren't even capable of submitting a simple merge request, I'd never in hell appoint you as a maintainer for SleepyHead... 3 times in a row you managed to royally mess up submitting your patches and trashed SleepyHead's official master REPO out of being too lazy to resync against it beforehand.. Each time it took some careful GIT surgery to put right the mess you caused, and now look what your doing! You were also one of those calling for me to quit at the start of last year because my UNPAID level of performance wasn't to your liking, and you were the first person to suggest I'd given up. It's starting to look pretty darn clear from the start of this you had an agenda to undermine my work. SHAME ON YOU!
[split] Sleepyhead Version 1.1.0 TESTING Beta
Quote:We have decided to include the new version 1.1.0 version as an option from the main download page as the main option. http://www.apneaboard.com/sleepyhead/ this version has proven to have less bugs and better machine coverage than the previous 1.0.0 Beta 2 and it is in general a better choice.

Who's we? Quit overriding my official project sources, you don't get to take over my project! 

Quit using my projects name in unofficial and unapproved releases, and quit using my projects identity to further your own interests.

ApneaBoard is IN NOT affiliated in any way with the official SleepyHead project, and Pholy is most certainly NOT Sleepyheads new maintainer.
RE: Sleepyhead Version 1.1.0 TESTING Beta
Hi Mark. Of course Version 1.1.0 was made available last June from Facebook and on JediMark. It has capabilities not available elsewhere yet. It is not anyone's intent to usurp your project, but the mirror server with full credit to the author and no modifications to the shareware version you release does not see to violate any expressed or implied license. I have not been following events lately and understand that work on version 1.1 is a dead end, and version 2.0 is the active project. I think the best thing to do is to continue making 1.1 available to users of advance bilevel machines that need the therapy help, and when 2.0 is available, I'm sure it will be gratefully received.

Mark, how would we ever hope to help someone like this without 1.1.0? http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid284511 Your software does so much good, but don't yank it out from under those who need it, until you have a replacement!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Thanks for the public sprewing of this crap, Mark.  You didn't bother to write to me personally AT ALL, did you?  I've reached out to you via email numerous times, but yet you choose to completely ignore my emails.

I will respond to the above false accusations soon enough in a more complete manner.

Apnea Board has done nothing but COMPLETELY SUPPORT you and your SleepyHead efforts in any way we can.  

You have made completely baseless and false accusations here, and this latest attack only gives ammunition to those who were suggesting to me privately that a SleepyHead fork is completely necessary because (they claimed) that you have lost it, both mentally and emotionally.

Friend, you have shot yourself in the foot and you keep shooting at the people who support you, and those who help you with testing and development and DONATE to you regularly.

I hope you wake up and realize what you've done here.  This is a sad day for you.

Annoyed-and-disappointed
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

[split] Sleepyhead 1.1.0 Installation
I did this for a reason, 1.1 was a "testing" build that should not be in the wild, that's why it didn't have translations or help files attached. SleepyHead 1.1.0 was NOT an official release, it was a testing build I carefully chose my audience for to limit the SPEED it spread.

Nobody should have posted this on ApneaBoard in the first place. None here was authorized to speak or "release" on my behalf. You only did it because I did it somewhere else.

Generally software creators are given enough respect to make their own Release announcements.. Not on ApneaBoard though!
RE: Sleepyhead 1.1.0 Installation
Mark, you already know that the people who posted 1.1.0 here did so because the man whom you said was your "2nd in command" and that you "fully trust" (Arie Klerk) told your development team that you had abandoned SH development for the time being and that you were "okay with" the team distributing and working with 1.1.0.

So how come you come over here and falsely accuse Apnea Board for all this crap in your other post (here)?  It was your hand-chosen man who told your team members that you were okay with it, for goodness sake!

If Arie lied to your own team members about what you told him, they why on God's green earth do you now hold those innocent team members responsible for acting in good faith upon what they were told by your own deputy?  They had no reason to doubt him.

And worse, now you're implicating Apnea Board in all this somehow??

You're playing very loose with the facts, Mark.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Please don't use ApneaBoard links downloading anything SleepyHead related.. At the moment, that Singapore server is the ONLY authorised source for SleepyHead releases.

ApneaBoard is NOT affiliated with the SleepyHead project, nor is anyone else authorised to release on my behalf under the SleepyHead name - or announce SleepyHead releases for that matter.

ApneaBoard's recent "release committee" initiative is illegitimate and is seeking to undermine my years of work on SleepyHead and undermine my role in my own software project.

If it's NOT SleepyHead, don't call it SleepyHead, and don't make it look like SleepyHead... it's that simple!

I've taken down official 1.1 links until this situation is resolved.
(02-07-2019, 06:23 PM)jedimark Wrote: ApneaBoard's recent "release committee" initiative is illegitimate and is seeking to undermine my years of work on SleepyHead and undermine my role in my own software project.

Uh... this was NOT Apnea Board's "release committee"... in fact, if you care to look at the truth, the exact same post made by Phil here was made by Arie over on cpap-talk.  Hardly an "Apnea Board" initiative! And this mess happened on your own Discord group, not HERE.

The only thing I did was ASSUME that the guy YOU CHOSE was telling the truth, and that's why we posted the link and made the stickie.

TRY TO THINK before making false accusations, Mark, please!

I'll have to confer with folks who know more of the legal aspects of all this before I do anything more.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Allow me to quote you exactly, Mark (this is from the SleepyHead Testing Forum):

jedimark Wrote:My good friend and SleepyHead's translation coordinator Arie Klerk is my chosen "2nd in command" as far as the SleepyHead project is concerned, and was the only one I really authorised to speak here in my behalf

You are the one who set up Arie as your mouthpiece, so you have to take responsibility for what happened when he decided to torpedo you. Had NOTHING to do with Apnea Board, and nothing to do with the SleepyHead Testing Forum here, since that forum was closed in early 2018 after you blew up back then too.
Oh-jeez
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 205 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 366 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
  OSCAR old version Apnearod 17 2,176 02-06-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: untoutseul05
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,621 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
Sad Graphics bug in 1.5.1 Deb 12 version Gooserider 2 499 12-26-2023, 09:08 PM
Information New SEFAM Analyize software version 3.2.0 SuperSleeper 3 1,294 11-11-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DrJelly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.