Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead v0.9.8-1 question
SleepyHead v0.9.8-1 question
The bottom graph in the daily view has events "by pressure". It has multiply triangles for all events. Is there any way to interpret it and make use of the data?
Also my RDI graph will not work, any ideas?

Thanks, Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead v0.9.8-1 question
The table is useful if you want to correlate things with a particular pressure. The By Pressure table bucketizes the various events and information into pressure buckets.

The table shows you for each pressure value how much time you spent in that pressure and how many events of each type occurred for that pressure.

I'm not sure what the units of the particular values are (e.g., RE is 0.33, but 0.33 of what?). I'm also not sure exactly what the graphs represent. Maybe someone else can answer that.

Can't help with the RDI, my machine doesn't have that.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2015, 12:37 AM)SleepingInRlyeh Wrote: The table shows you for each pressure value how much time you spent in that pressure and how many events of each type occurred for that pressure.
I'm not sure what the units of the particular values are (e.g., RE is 0.33, but 0.33 of what?).

The values are the index of events per hour in that "pressure bucket". RE=.33 equates to 2 RERA events during 369.2 minutes of time at pressure 7. The .49 Flow limits = 3 in the 369.2 minutes.
The 2.29 equates to 3 hypopneas at pressure 8.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2015, 03:14 PM)car54 Wrote: The bottom graph in the daily view has events "by pressure". It has multiply triangles for all events. Is there any way to interpret it and make use of the data?
Also my RDI graph will not work, any ideas?

Thanks, Brad

I believe triangle display is a work in progress, to say the least. It is beta software, and I think Mark didn't get that to something that's particularly useful. It's intended to be something like a histogram, and the colors match the colors of the graphs above. I think. I never really deciphered it that well.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. I could not make sense of the triangles.
Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
Brad, your AHI and RERA events are so low, you really don't have to use that graph. Your AHI is only 0.67 for the night and RERA is 0.27. That is exceptional therapy and there is nothing to be gained from seeing what pressure range the only event occurred in. I agree, the frequency by pressure chart is not very well done yet, although with some people who experience a lot of events, it does provide some interesting information, especially when different event types occur at different pressures.

In your case, we can see flow limitations (gray) occur at 7.0, which is probably the reason for the minor pressure increases you saw at 23:00 and 02:50. The few RERA you had peaked at 8.0, while you had some Hypopnea (blue) when your pressure peaked at 8.5. You can pretty much ignore pressure pulses (brown) and VS2 (red). None of this is significant enough to make recommendations for pressure changes in your case, but that is how it intends to work.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on uploading from SD card to Sleepyhead picante 7 1,607 12-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Last Post: picante
  SleepyHead question ThurtyYeers 5 1,605 01-27-2018, 11:42 PM
Last Post: ThurtyYeers
  Sleepyhead update question - Error showing trying to go from v0.9.8-1 to current NovaSleep 4 1,733 12-28-2017, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sleepyhead Question RustySocket 2 1,103 09-18-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: RustySocket
  Sleepyhead question car54 5 3,014 08-14-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: woozie38
  Sleepyhead Setup Question stanleydean 2 1,206 03-30-2017, 05:20 PM
Last Post: stanleydean
  SleepyHead Question Regular Joe 3 1,540 11-15-2016, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Regular Joe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.