Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead vs ResScan what is different? What is preferred?
SleepyHead vs ResScan what is different? What is preferred?
Hello. I have a ResMed S9 VPAP AUTOset and I use SleepyHead software. On March 30, 2015 THIS YEAR, I went to see Dr. Barbara Phillips who I am going to add is to no means of any description A PROFOUNDLY WONDERFUL SLEEP M.D. She has got to be the greatest. That is such an understatement however that it is sad that the human dictionary does not have words to describe how much that I have been Truly blessed. But, I remember when I gave the RT The bag that my Positive Airway Pressure Therapy Device came in, my first words were 'Here you are! Hey UHHHHH I have a question for you because I really need to know!! When you look at my data, what software are you going to use? I use SleepyHead software but I really would like it you could tell me what you use. I really have got to know'. The RT Replied, 'We use ResScan softwarr!' As I sat in the PSG Lab aaiting for the Dr.to come and to talk to me, I was wondering what on earth the software looked like. What the RT Aas doing to get to my statistics, so that she could see my usage hours each night and my percentage of uses greater than 4 hours that I had. I wondered how she was doing this. I wondered what differences that ResScan had as compared to SleepyHead software. I wondered so much. I have heard that ReaScan is free but did not know for sure. I knew that some people here on ghe Apnea Board use it. I don't see that there is a users manual for it. I want to know ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS! I have a copy of the report right beside me and it has the info like average usage such as average hours of use, Apnea-Hypopnea Index AND OTHER INFO!! Please. Can somebody please tell me what is different about the software S/T and what was done to get to the usage statistics? I really would like to know. Thank You very much.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead vs ResScan what is different? What is preferred?
You can get the ResScan software here via ApneaBoard.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

You basically get the same information of course. ResScan is geared more toward the DME and the pros so there are differences mainly in how that information is presented.

Download and install ResScan then use both software for a while. Decide which one you want to use. I did that for about 3 months but decided I much preferred the user friendly direction of SleepyHead instead of the complicated, "patient" orientation of ResScan.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 05:23 PM)BiLevel48 Wrote: Hello. I have a ResMed S9 VPAP AUTOset and I use SleepyHead software. On March 30, 2015 THIS YEAR, I went to see Dr. Barbara Phillips who I am going to add is to no means of any description A PROFOUNDLY WONDERFUL SLEEP M.D. She has got to be the greatest
Very famous too ...
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...a-Phillips

See post #1 for ResScan download link and ResScan report interpretation guide
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ersion-5-3

* ResScan windows only

http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resmed...er_eng.pdf

ResScan 3.12 (still applicable with the newer versions) video tutorial
http://apneaboard.com/resscan.htm
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 06:25 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: You can get the ResScan software here via ApneaBoard.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

You basically get the same information of course. ResScan is geared more toward the DME and the pros so there are differences mainly in how that information is presented.

Download and install ResScan then use both software for a while. Decide which one you want to use. I did that for about 3 months but decided I much preferred the user friendly direction of SleepyHead instead of the complicated, "patient" orientation of ResScan.
The kind of data that I am going to want to see is the kind that a DME or an actual RT or Healthcare Professional might want to see like information such as Minute Ventilation, or Tidal Volume. I'm in the medical field to no means of description's extent due to my life in and out o the hospital. I require it to live. I know the medical field well. I am more interested in seeing stuff as well that is ventilatory oriented being that I know the ventilatory parameters that you would expect to see on a ventilator and I will want to see second by second data of the Pressure, Flow, and Volume graphics that my VPAP AUTOset Provides. I have a Neuromuscular disorder that is progressive, and so this stuff is profoundly important when evaluating patients who have Neuromuscular disorders as is my case.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used Rescan for reprots to take to the doc. I think they put more faith in something that is put out by the CPAP device manufacturer than something they don't recognize.

SH generally showed the same data. I started having toruble with SH dropping blocks of data in the night - it was like nothing was recorded, but Rescan showed the data for those missing periods.

I was suggested by the board that I reload a newer version - a clean install - but that was at the time that I was switching over from the Resmed unit to the Respironics unit and I just retty much quit looking at data as I was having no problems.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
All of those parameters are available in SleepyHead and ResScan. The ResScan we have here is the same ResScan they use. It may actually be a more updated version.

Download it and give it a try.

Zonk's post has a link to the user manual for ResScan. Read it to see what it has available and how to use it.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 08:48 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I used Rescan for reprots to take to the doc. I think they put more faith in something that is put out by the CPAP device manufacturer than something they don't recognize.

SH generally showed the same data. I started having toruble with SH dropping blocks of data in the night - it was like nothing was recorded, but Rescan showed the data for those missing periods.

I was suggested by the board that I reload a newer version - a clean install - but that was at the time that I was switching over from the Resmed unit to the Respironics unit and I just retty much quit looking at data as I was having no problems.

OMMOHY

Oh, WOW.

Thank you for this bit of information. It is actually very useful what you just informedme of in regards to SleepyHead dropping blocks of Data. I don't like that. I wonder what in the world was going on there. I've done some research on resScan from what has been posted here, and I think that I am going to certainly enjoy ResScan much better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wait until you use it. You might change your mind. A lot of people find it hard to navigate. For me, the UI graphics (buttons, etc) did not fully appear (were off the screen). I much prefer SleepyHead. At least its idiosyncrasies I can understand.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2015, 09:21 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Wait until you use it. You might change your mind. A lot of people find it hard to navigate. For me, the UI graphics (buttons, etc) did not fully appear (were off the screen). I much prefer SleepyHead. At least its idiosyncrasies I can understand.

OK. thanks for the tip. I'm going to test ResScan. Now being that I have a neurmmuscular disorder, I will often use my VPAP machine during the daytime for daytime assistive ventilation. With SleepyHead I can actually see the 24 hour data second by second. Is that possible with ResScan? With SleepyHead, if I use it for 24 hours, I get that 24 hour period where I can see my graphics. I'm not sure if I can see my Graphical data on a second by second basis with ResScan and if I were to use my machine for 24 hours requiring it a lot during the daytime due to my Neuromuscular disease, if ResScan would provide as detailed Graphics and waveforms like SleepyHead. I also like to see info like parameters like VT which is Tidal Volume, I like to see my MV, which is the Minute Ventilation, and Also I like to look at it second by second. With SleepyHead, I can really zoom in and see all of thatI can see my flow waveform, I can see where the flow was effected when water started pooling in the tubing, and it effected my flow waveform, I could see the area where I had a huge clusterof Central Apneas since I have severe difficulties remembering to breathe due to my Neurological disorder, and It is nice to be able to see the graphics so clearly. I'm not sure if ResScan would give me as clear of a view as SleepyHead did. I could use my left and right arrows to scroll through the graphics, and could see very detailed waveforms with SleepyHead. From when I went to bed until 24 hours later when It was still recording being that I was on it for 24 hours resting my diaphragm.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no clue. Like I said, I could never master it. I couldn't even figure out how to zoom in! Zonk is the expert on ResScan. Read the manual he suggested. The methods haven't changed that much, if at all.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 431 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,622 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 609 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.