Beans Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: PR System One Pro
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed AirFit F10
Humidifier: System One
CPAP Pressure: 10
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Started CPAP March 20 2015. Untreated AHI 48.

Sex: Male

RE: SleepyHead will not start
If you google "BrokenGL or OpenGL? - TNET Sleep Informational Site" there's a page where Mark talks about the QT graphics library being glitchy on older operating systems and sometimes crashing. It might be some kind of gruesome QT/graphics drivers issue. There seem to be a bunch of youtube videos about fixing a Minecraft - Windows 7 - Open GL issue.
05-02-2015 11:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SleepingInRlyeh Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit F10
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 5-20

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Another thing to consider: If you have both the 32 and 64 bit versions installed, it may be loading the wrong DLLs sometimes. Uninstall both, then install just the 64-bit (assuming you're running 64 bit windows, contrawise if you're running 32-bit windows).

Since you're a programmer, if you feel like digging in and looking at what thread is hanging, you could try using process explorer or one of the other sysinternals tools. They will also show you what DLLs are loading, etc. ProcMon is OK for basic info, but if you want to dig in, try these tools

(I can't post a link yet, but just add https:// in front of it)

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb795533.aspx
05-03-2015 12:16 AM
JinPV Offline

New Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Elite
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Swift FX for her
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7.0

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
I also have had problems with SleepyHead not running at times. When first installed it worked fine for many times over several weeks but then one day would no longer open. Had this problem with the 32 bit version and then again on the latest 64 bit version.

Found that if I delete the SleepyHead Files folder, the program will load and run fine, one time. Traced the problem to the Preferences.xml file which the program writes to each time it closes. I have two identical computers; SH has no problems on the second one and runs and exits with no problem, but not on the first one. I cannot find anything strange with the first computer.

My final solution for this strange problem was to copy the Preferences.xml file from the computer that works fine and place it on the my "troublesome" computer as a read only file. Everything works fine now. This is really strange!

So, if you have a problem similar to mine - try replacing the Preferences.xml with an empty, read only file
09-28-2015 03:26 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleepyhead cannot start OMyMyOHellYes 3 556 12-12-2015 06:38 AM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes