Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead will not start
RE: SleepyHead will not start
If you google "BrokenGL or OpenGL? - TNET Sleep Informational Site" there's a page where Mark talks about the QT graphics library being glitchy on older operating systems and sometimes crashing. It might be some kind of gruesome QT/graphics drivers issue. There seem to be a bunch of youtube videos about fixing a Minecraft - Windows 7 - Open GL issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another thing to consider: If you have both the 32 and 64 bit versions installed, it may be loading the wrong DLLs sometimes. Uninstall both, then install just the 64-bit (assuming you're running 64 bit windows, contrawise if you're running 32-bit windows).

Since you're a programmer, if you feel like digging in and looking at what thread is hanging, you could try using process explorer or one of the other sysinternals tools. They will also show you what DLLs are loading, etc. ProcMon is OK for basic info, but if you want to dig in, try these tools

(I can't post a link yet, but just add https:// in front of it)

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb795533.aspx
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have had problems with SleepyHead not running at times. When first installed it worked fine for many times over several weeks but then one day would no longer open. Had this problem with the 32 bit version and then again on the latest 64 bit version.

Found that if I delete the SleepyHead Files folder, the program will load and run fine, one time. Traced the problem to the Preferences.xml file which the program writes to each time it closes. I have two identical computers; SH has no problems on the second one and runs and exits with no problem, but not on the first one. I cannot find anything strange with the first computer.

My final solution for this strange problem was to copy the Preferences.xml file from the computer that works fine and place it on the my "troublesome" computer as a read only file. Everything works fine now. This is really strange!

So, if you have a problem similar to mine - try replacing the Preferences.xml with an empty, read only file

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the ResMed S-10 AutoSet. I have a PC but unfortunately it does not have an SD slot to be able to read the card. I have a MacBook Pro and I had been using with SleepyHead software but recently (2017) I started having problems reading SleepyHead in the MAC. The problem started when SleepyHead said to upgrade to a new software and when I attempted the upgrade MA-OS would not allow it because it was not an approved software for use in MacBookPro.  I then followed MAC-OS instructions that I could overrule restriction by going into Finder and  gave permission to download the new beta version. Unfortunately, after following the process the computer would freeze while importing data and in a few words, it never imported data anything complete to be able to do reading of my sleep data. I worried about other software interface problems so I decided to uninstall SleepyHead and all data that had been downloaded as it was of no use since the Beta version could not read in MAC-OS..

My question is if anyone knows if there are other software able to read RESMED SD. Has anyone used Airview feature in S10 and able to read data through RESMED using WiFi feature in S10? 

When will SleepyHead coordinate with Apple and issue an approved software for MacOS users?
Post Reply Post Reply
Alpharomea

From what I understand, the creator of SleepyHead has some health issues which have prevented him from working on it.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Editing session start/end times within OSCAR jas102543 6 1,582 03-12-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: j12251225
Gross SpO2 Assistant Unable To Start Correctly Merlin309 0 460 09-03-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Merlin309
  Oscar freezes on start following Win 11 update Grandpapa-G 6 707 04-21-2023, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zzzdmeted
Exclaimation OSCAR appears crashing on start B1Sailor 12 943 09-25-2022, 09:46 AM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  OSCAR screws up graph start time in winter PjotterHasApn 9 762 09-13-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: PjotterHasApn
Question Detecting machine stop/start/restarts? flcdrg 2 587 07-30-2022, 08:00 PM
Last Post: flcdrg
  OSCAR: Tutorial for graphing CSV? Start/End times not easily regognized Earendil 1 611 07-07-2021, 04:05 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.