Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead with Respironics System One 60 Series CPAP
RE: SleepyHead with Respironics System One 60 Series CPAP
Yes the PR card does have a little arrow triangle. Anyway the little moveable tab should be down to lock and up to unlock (up is at the top with the connectors at the back top). Compare it with a standard SD card out of a camera.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also I have not bothered locking it when inserting it into my lappy- and have had no problems with data loss or formatting - it used to be a problem with MS windows and USB thumb drives many moons ago but seems to be more robust nowadays. However I would still take care when pulling the card if it is reading data at the same time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2015, 08:45 PM)wishicansleep Wrote: Also I have not bothered locking it when inserting it into my lappy- and have had no problems with data loss or formatting - it used to be a problem with MS windows and USB thumb drives many moons ago but seems to be more robust nowadays. However I would still take care when pulling the card if it is reading data at the same time.

The file writing problem was with the Resmed 8 and 9 on Windows 8.1 and 10 systems. I'm not aware of any other CPAP having this problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2015, 10:36 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The file writing problem was with the Resmed 8 and 9 on Windows 8.1 and 10 systems. I'm not aware of any other CPAP having this problem.

Only the ResMed S9 machine. The S8 doesn't have an SD card.

The ResMed Air10 machines apparently don't have a problem if the computer writes data to the card.

There are also reports that Macs may write data to the card without asking, but it's less clear which versions of Mac OS do this and when.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pr machines dont care if you put a jpeg file on the card itll just ignore it.
Dont need to lock the card on a PRS1 machine
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Synchronizing O2Ring with Phillips Respironics Dreamstation xaid 0 657 06-11-2023, 02:50 AM
Last Post: xaid
  Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1 JshMD 2 956 04-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Aces
  Smart Card & Software for the old Respironics Remstar Auto M-Series ?? JoyD. 7 2,868 03-02-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: JoyD.
  Oscar no longer importing Phillips Respironics Bipap data Mersim85 11 1,073 01-02-2023, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Respironics and disabling VS2 event spetzal 2 534 12-11-2022, 04:44 PM
Last Post: spetzal
  Respironics Series 60 Time setting software Moriarty 10 1,670 11-06-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: hybernate
  I have a system one 750p doncaruana 4 517 08-14-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.