Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead
Sleepyhead
Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

To download the SleepyHead software, go here:
http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH/

Will Sleepyhead work on a Chromebook/Chrome OS?
RE: Sleepyhead
According to their website, found here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...=Main_Page

It is compatible with:
Quote:SleepyHead works on Linux, Mac 10.6.x and above, and Windows XP and above.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(06-15-2014, 02:45 PM)marilynscoots Wrote: Will Sleepyhead work on a Chromebook/Chrome OS?

In its current form, no. There isn't a way to install it on the Chomebook.

However, you could install it on your (I assume) Windows machine, with Chrome Browser installed. Then, install Chrome Remote Desktop to both machines. As long as you are signed into the browser with the same account on both computers, you can remotely view your Windows machine and run programs.
just joined, downloaded sleepyhead...great program...and wanted to say thanks! really appreciate it!!!Thanks
(06-15-2014, 08:04 PM)dakuda Wrote: In its current form, no. There isn't a way to install it on the Chomebook.

That is not entirely true. SleepyHead is free open source software. The "open source" part of that statement means that you can download the source code and compile it to run on whatever platform you want. Once you learn how to do it the task isn't a lot more difficult than installing a precompiled package on Windows or MacOS.

Having said that, I've never owned or used a computer with Chrome OS, so I cannot give instructions for how to compile it. However, doubtless there are forums for the Chrome OS and surely someone there can assist. And a quick Google search turned up:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/...bsN9L6k9D4

Where it says that not only can you compile it directly to run on Chrome OS, but apparently you can even install packages precompiled for Linux.
The sourceforge site is a bit confusing about what package to download.
It says,
Latest Version

It's been a long while since a decent update to the beta release.. JediMark is busy tinkering away on bringing you a new one.

You can find "unstable" builds (currently at 0.9.4-3) showing off the most recent progress here.

0.9.5 will be the next milestone release, which will be ready once a serious bug affecting Philips Respironcs x60P series is fixed, along with a couple of bugs affecting ResMed S9 users.
Windows

There is an older version (0.9.3) with an installer for Windows here.

For the unstable builds, which don't come with an installer, make sure to download the "WithDLLs" package before grabbing the latest binary.

Are most people here running the unstable or the 0.9.3?
I'm running a 0.9.6something that I compiled earlier today from source.
You can run Linux on a Chromebook with crouton, which I do, although I have not attempted to run sleepyhead on mine everything else works surprisingly well.
(06-16-2014, 04:48 PM)diamaunt Wrote: I'm running a 0.9.6something that I compiled earlier today from source.
Is that for Windows?

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.