Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead 1.1 is throwing up Windows installation errors (security related)
Sleepyhead 1.1 is throwing up Windows installation errors (security related)
Although my antivirus did not complain (ESET NOD32), Windows does not seem to want to install this software. 

This is the error message I receive: 

Windows protected your PC
Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

App:
SleepyHead-1.1.0-testing2-20180613-9da8b2a7-win64.exe
Publisher: 
Unknown publisher 

[/url]
[url=https://imgur.com/a/Ky5tDUx]This is an error message I have never seen before. It looks like this.

I will try again with the download and see whether maybe I just got a bad file? I did download it from a different sleep apnea forum, though. It was on their stickied software page.

I just re-downloaded it from this site and got the same error message.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead 1.1 is throwing up Windows installation errors (security related)
I'm sure the software is good, Windows has an option to "install anyway"  though off the top of my head I do not know exactly how to find it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead 1.1 is throwing up Windows installation errors (security related)
(03-05-2019, 10:17 PM)vroomvroom Wrote: Although my antivirus did not complain (ESET NOD32), Windows does not seem to want to install this software. 

This is the error message I receive: 

Windows protected your PC
Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

App:
SleepyHead-1.1.0-testing2-20180613-9da8b2a7-win64.exe
Publisher: 
Unknown publisher 

[/url]
[url=https://imgur.com/a/Ky5tDUx]This is an error message I have never seen before. It looks like this.

I will try again with the download and see whether maybe I just got a bad file? I did download it from a different sleep apnea forum, though. It was on their stickied software page.

I just re-downloaded it from this site and got the same error message.

Right click the Sleepyhead.exe select properties down near the bottom should be a tick box to unblock the application once unblocked it should run.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that warning also has a more information link. If you click that, there is an option to over-ride and install anyway. I had the same error when installing the OSCAR beta the other day.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,412 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
Sad Help with Oscar Installation FrankIII 5 297 02-25-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 314 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 751 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  SD Card errors/OSCAR....all new to me TomWii 11 1,493 09-23-2023, 04:02 PM
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 835 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 733 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.