Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead AHI readings are way different from My Air AHI
Surprised 
Sleepyhead AHI readings are way different from My Air AHI
Hello,   This is my first time in this forum, and just started using SleepyHead today.  I am shocked that the AHI readings I got from Sleepy Head (SH) are significantly lower than the ones I got from My Air ( MA ).  Am I comparing apple to apple, or Is it something wrong with my data or my SD card ?  Here are my AHI readings for the past 7 days :

Mar 7 : SH 2.1; MA 11.3; Mar 6 : 1.18 vs 8.8 ; Mar 5 : 1.53 vs 10.7 ; Mar 4 : 1.28 vs 11.3 ; Mar 3 : 4.7 vs 12.1 ; Mar 2 : 3.21 vs 19.6; Mar 1 : 0.74 vs 6.4

Machine Information and Changes to Prescription settings are correct.

In March 2017, My sleep Study showed severe apnea with AHI of 77.2 per hour.  I have been using the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset ( Full face mask ) since April 2017.  My Resmed Airview Compliance Report for the period of 10/24/2017 - 01/11/2018 showed AHI of 11.3, and thus I went to see my sleep doctor again a couple weeks ago.  The sleepyhead AHI average for those 3 months showed below 2.  I am totally confused !!!  Shall I use a different software to take a look ?   Pls help !  Thank you so much !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead AHI readings are way different from My Air AHI
Three immediate thoughts come to mind.

(1) Data corruption of the SD card.
(2) Date mismatch
(3) Wrong MyAir account or system error.

You may wish to verify the MyAir account (serial number + 3 device digits) is correct.
You may wish to obtain the latest version of ResMed's ResScan which is the FDA-approved gold standard for ResMed Machines to verify the device's numbers.
You may wish to verify the device date and time using the clinician's menu.
You may wish to reformat your SD card. The last 30-days of summary data will be re-written to the newly formatted card.
You may wish to verify that your AirView account is actually using data from your machine. (The DME can check the AirView system as most have access to AirView)

But the smartest course of action would be to delegate the problem to your DME first, sleep doctor second.

AirView is the professional version of MrAir and has diagnostic capabilities to check the modem, machine settings, etc.

Do you remember changing any of the settings in Sleepyhead?

You can send me a private message and I will send you my phone number. I am nearby in Westlake Village.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Good morning !  I inserted the SD card again this morning, and it worked as follows :

1. For RESCAN :  Detected and see all the data;  Mar 8 : Apnea Index 6.7; Obstructive 6.1; Hypopnea 0.4; AHI 7.1 

2. FOR SLEEPYHEAD :  Mar 8 data was now very close to RESCAN's data ( Obs 6.2; Hypo 0.4; AHI 7.15 ).  I rebuilt the data but all previous data ( before last night ) did not change, and are significantly different from RESCAN .

I do not know how to interpret data yet, will start learning and ask questions.  Thank you  !
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tmrlhk,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 475 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 675 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,196 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  [Diagnosis] Request observations on readings/Leaks Bob Cali 11 1,090 07-29-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Bob Cali
  Help with Wellvue O2 ring readings joseph421 1 641 05-06-2023, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Apnope

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.