Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SH App on iPad
SH App on iPad
Has anyone installed Sleepyhead  on an iPad? I have tried but failed in the process. Since my old Macbook Pro died a few years ago, I switched to a Chromebook since now that I am retired I mostly use a computer to access the web. The much cheaper Chromebook as a web portal works just fine but it is limited as an actual computer. It would be super if I could get Sleepyhead on my five year old iPad.

Thanks, Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead App on iPad
SleepyHead is an x86_64* application. It can only run on Windows, Mac and Linux (Ubuntu).

Iphone, Ipad, Android aren't a consideration.

*Not even sure it's a 32 bit app anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chromebooks are nice for simple web surfing but not much beyond that. Perhaps you can find an inexpensive used or refurbished Windows computer that respects your budget. It doesn't have to be an expensive gaming powerhouse.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2019, 12:07 PM)NorthCoastLocal Wrote: Has anyone installed Sleepyhead  on an iPad? I have tried but failed in the process. Since my old Macbook Pro died a few years ago, I switched to a Chromebook since now that I am retired I mostly use a computer to access the web. The much cheaper Chromebook as a web portal works just fine but it is limited as an actual computer. It would be super if I could get Sleepyhead on my five year old iPad.

Thanks, Mike

As has been said SleepyHead currently won't run on an iPad or any mobile device; it only runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. As has also been said, there is no consideration to even port it to iOS. If I can assume a lot of things it would probably be feasible to port it to iOS but it would require a dedicated effort to do so and the applicability would be limited. You'd still need to put an SD card into the iPad in order to load data, and the number of people in your situation without another computer to use would be relatively few. In addition, anybody who wanted to use the iPad would need an adapter, so that's another barrier to entry.

If you need a computer to do this, as others have said it doesn't have to be blazing fast. I would check with local schools or businesses and see if the IT departments have any old computers to get rid of. I work in education IT and we have a pretty consistent upgrade cycle, at any one time we probably have 30-60 computers destined for the dump. We have tried to sell them off in the past just to make a buck, but even for less than $100 they don't move very quick. And all of these are capable computers for what you are wanting to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
The last version of sleepyhead, 1.1.0, is 64-bit only. The soon-to-be-released OSCAR will support 32-bit.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
What is OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

A fork from SleepyHead v1.1.0 that was initiated after the SleepyHead project was shut down by the developer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter (OSCAR) - is a fork of the SleepyHead code.  Development of SleepyHead has been abandoned, for lack of a better description, by its original author.  It will debut shortly.  Please use the most current release of SleepyHead until then.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an old windows 97 machine out in the shop that I use to run a timing system for my slot car track. Also, my wife has a much newer (under 3 years old) Mac iBook that I could use.  Thanks fr the info. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It turns out my old macbook pro is running on 10.9.5 so I was able to download sleepyhead there. So I am in business.  like Now I just have to learn how to read it all. By reading the threads n this forum and another, my learning curve is getting steeper every day. I think I will have it down in not too much time.

Everything is going well with the machine. I have only a slight problem with the nose mask in that my nostrils shut down in the middle of the night about every 4th night or so which forces me to quit the therapy for the rest of the night. I called the dme and they have sent me a dreamwear nose and mouth mask (I forget the number) under the first 30 day exchange guarantee. Otherwise I have been 100% no leakage scores. My AHI average is 1.3.

Thanks again to all for your help.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software for iPad wallybru 4 1,049 09-18-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar on Apple ipad wallybru 3 1,318 09-18-2023, 12:19 AM
Last Post: wallybru
  P&K software missing OSCAR? Ipad or WIn7 only sunnysky 7 807 05-21-2022, 07:36 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Download [will OSCAR work on iPad Pro?] Mikec1962 8 4,899 04-16-2020, 01:07 PM
Last Post: untoutseul05
  Key response time on my IPad Rcgop 6 2,129 04-28-2018, 11:58 AM
Last Post: BTS1
  Sleepyhead for iPad? FrankNichols 23 7,887 04-28-2018, 11:57 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Sleepyhead for IPad BiBob 5 4,943 05-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.