Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Beta 2 not reporting events correctly
Sleepyhead Beta 2 not reporting events correctly
I have reported this before, just mentioning it again in hopes it hasn't fallen through the cracks.

I tend to take a few naps every day. Sometimes to "test" something, sometimes because I am tired. When I do, I always use my machine and then import the data when I wake up.

This means I frequently have 2 or 3 sessions on any given day, each imported into SH individually as soon as they are done.

The problem I am seeing is that every two or three days the Events (OS, CS, H, RESA, etc) are not being reported for that "nap" (sometimes even on over night sleeps). (I have several times gotten excited thinking I hit a AHI of 0!)

I have tried purging that day and/or purging all data and reimporting with no improvement, the events are still missing.

Deleting the SH directory and restarting SH and going through the entire setup again solves the problem and the events are again displayed until they aren't again a few days later. That is getting old, since it also involves resetting numerous "customizations" I do to the order, graph settings, etc.

I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead Beta 2 not reporting events correctly
Are the events showing up on the AirSense's LCD?

There were a lot of people who reported that the Resmed S9s would occasionally get "stuck" and report an AHI = 0.0 on the LCD for several days in a row. The usual fix was to reboot the S9 by unplugging it and then plugging it back in.

Perhaps the AirSense has a similar bug in it.

Have you tried unplugging and then plugging the AirSense back in to see if that corrects the problem?

Remember: SH can't display data that the machine did not record.

Also if you strongly believe that it's a SH bug, you should look at the same data in ResScan. If ResScan shows the same 0.0 AHI data that SH does, you know that the problem is not SH. If ResScan shows a different AHI, you should contact JediMark and let him know about the problem. In that case you need to also tell him what ResScan shows as well as what SH shows.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2016, 05:52 PM)robysue Wrote: Are the events showing up on the AirSense's LCD?

There were a lot of people who reported that the Resmed S9s would occasionally get "stuck" and report an AHI = 0.0 on the LCD for several days in a row. The usual fix was to reboot the S9 by unplugging it and then plugging it back in.

Perhaps the AirSense has a similar bug in it.

Have you tried unplugging and then plugging the AirSense back in to see if that corrects the problem?

Remember: SH can't display data that the machine did not record.

Also if you strongly believe that it's a SH bug, you should look at the same data in ResScan. If ResScan shows the same 0.0 AHI data that SH does, you know that the problem is not SH. If ResScan shows a different AHI, you should contact JediMark and let him know about the problem. In that case you need to also tell him what ResScan shows as well as what SH shows.

Yes the AirSense is reporting these correctly. And yes, I compare it with ResScan. (And I compare it with an App I am writing to plot the data on my iPad.) The data is being transferred to my computer and the issue occurs when SH imports the data. This is proven by the error being corrected when the data is imported after deleting all the SH data and it is the imported correctly.

The bug appears to be related to importing multiple sessions from the same day manually and individually (one at a time). If all the sessions from a day are imported together (at the same time in one import) the problem does not occur.

I expect it is not something that many people do, most I assume import at most all sessions for a day at one time. Many (most?) I expect only import once a week or so...

I have a habit of "playing" with my CPAP machine and trying things by taking a 1 hour (or so nap). This seems to be forced on me because I can not figure out how to get realtime data out of it - so to test things like leak rates as I fiddle with the mask, or leak rates as I fiddle with the pressure. Etc... I will setup a test (set pressures or try on a difference size mask etc, and then take a 1 hour nap. Then import the data and review it. Then change the pressure or the mask and do it again. If I do this 2 or 3 times on the same day, it is guaranteed that the events will be missing on the second or third session that is imported.

If I delete the SH data folder and re-import everything on the SD Card, then all the events are reported correctly.

EDIT: I just posted this to Sleepyheads account on Facebook, I assume Mark will see it there.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
He'll probably need a sample of your data to duplicate the issue and attempt to figure out what is wrong. There was a thread on here about how to send sample data.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2016, 06:19 PM)AlanE Wrote: He'll probably need a sample of your data to duplicate the issue and attempt to figure out what is wrong. There was a thread on here about how to send sample data.

He already has a sample of my data.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
It's an interesting problem, and may be caused by importing multiple sessions in a day. FWIW, using data in very small increments seems not very useful. The objective of the software and therapy is to look at trends. If I download data once a week, that would be a lot. I don't want to infer OCD, but I doubt it is worthwhile to look at nap data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. I doubt it has "fallen through the cracks" if it was reported in mantis.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2016, 06:52 PM)AlanE Wrote: Ok. I doubt it has "fallen through the cracks" if it was reported in mantis.

I have no idea where the sleepyhead mantis is, so unless someone else reported it, it is not in mantis.

My testing has nothing to do with therapy, but thanks for the opinion. As I specifically said, I was testing various parameters to see what affect they have on conditions such as leaks. Since Leaks appear to be the number 1 complaint of CPAP users for the past 12 years ( that I have researched ) and leaks are the number one problem I am having using my machine, I am totally not interested in how a short nap might affect my therapy, I am completely interested in how a medium FFM vs a large FFM affects my leakage. Or maybe how using a chin strap vss surgical tape on my lips might affect my open mouth breathing. Or, well, hopefully you get the idea by now.

And yes, I am very OCD, and I am also very interested in understanding how I am going to get this system to work for me. Guess what, leaks happen in second or minutes you don't have to wait days or weeks to see what is causing/affecting one. With an F10, my F10, leaks begin at almost exactly 15.8 cm of pressure with the strap tension adjusted to allow the cushion to completely support the mask off my face. When I increase the strap tension enough to cause pain where the cushion collapses and presses the hard plastic across the bridge of my nose, I can further raise the pressure to 20 CM with no significant increase in leak rates. And I found that in one afternoon instead of weeks of try one thing and suffer for a week, then try another. I determined 3 types of tape that will not keep my mouth closed while mouth breathing as I nap, and one tape that will keep it closed. Again in one afternoon.

So, thank you for your comments about how unuseful my approach to my therapy is, and I am glad for you that downloading every couple weeks works for you.

I expect if there is a bug in his program Mark would like to know, even if it is a silly fringe case that no one else will experience.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2016, 08:05 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: And yes, I am very OCD,

It's good to be thorough and look at a perceived problem from all angles.

(05-16-2016, 08:05 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: I have no idea where the sleepyhead mantis is...

The link to the bug tracker is on the bottom of his download page. "Report a bug".

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiple machine reporting briano52 2 463 10-19-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: briano52
Gross SpO2 Assistant Unable To Start Correctly Merlin309 0 452 09-03-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Merlin309
  Confused regarding AirSense 11 data reporting markcs 13 1,673 08-28-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Show RERA in Events Chart GeorgePa 3 767 06-09-2023, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OSCAR Oximetry Pulse Rate Events - In Excessive Amounts (?) DavidEsp 4 837 02-17-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
Question OSCAR Oximetry Preferences - Pulse Change Events - How Re-apply to Existing Data? DavidEsp 2 607 02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Question Bookmarks (or hack) for User-Defined Events? DavidEsp 4 538 02-10-2023, 06:26 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.