Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead & CMS50EW Oximeter
I have purchased a Contec CMS50EW Pulse Oximeter, and had hoped to import the data into SleepHead but when I try to "import from a datafile saved by another program" I get a "No oximetery module could parse the given file" error.
I have selected CMS50D+/E/F as my oximeter type, and the file that is saved from Oximeter software is a .Sp02 file.
Have I purchased the wrong Oximeter ?? Should I have purchased the CMS50D ??
Does that work with SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Before purchasing a different oximeter, I would try the CMS50F ver 3.7 type selection, as I'm pretty sure the W versions use the newer software.

BTW, the CMS50D version you might want is the D+ -- the plain D does not record data. I prefer the wrist watch (sort of) CMS50F, as it is less likely to slip off during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2016, 08:27 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Before purchasing a different oximeter, I would try the CMS50F ver 3.7 type selection, as I'm pretty sure the W versions use the newer software.

Is that, software you are talking about there ???

Post Reply Post Reply

Yes, it's in the oxmeter import page of SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did try all three of the selections in the Oximeter import section in the SleepyHead program, but same error on all of them.
The version of SleepyHead that I am using is V1.0.0 beta 2
The software for the CMS50EW is v2.7.0 The firmware for the CMS50EW is V1.4

I did notice that the very latest version of ResMed ReScan (V5.6.0.9419) has a area for Oximeter data. Anybody know how to import oximeter data into this. ??
Post Reply Post Reply
I always import directly from the device. Try that and see. The device must be in the settings mode so it stays active for downloading.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply

MANY THANKS to surferdude2, that worked 100%
That saved me buying another oximeter. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no problem importing my CMS50ew data to sleepyhead via SpO2 software if the session start before 12am. I put the previous date when asked by SH and everything is fine. HOwever the data does not sync in SH if session starts after 12am. No matter I put the previous date or the exact date of the starting time, it does not appear in the SH report. Can somebody advise me on this?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2016, 01:26 PM)jm54 Wrote: I have no problem importing my CMS50ew data to sleepyhead via SpO2 software if the session start before 12am. I put the previous date when asked by SH and everything is fine. HOwever the data does not sync in SH if session starts after 12am. No matter I put the previous date or the exact date of the starting time, it does not appear in the SH report. Can somebody advise me on this?

I have this exact same problem... for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I could import my oximeter data yesterday but couldn't today.  I changed the start time to 11:59pm and sure enough it imports.  I did find this outstanding bug https://sourceforge.net/p/sleepyhead/bugs/242/  Maybe it's a messed up date in the dat file?  Thinking-about

Has anyone found out why this happens?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommend pulse oximeter for overnight recording and uploading to Mac ArthurP 2 44 Yesterday, 11:11 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  CMS50K Oximeter snyd71 6 2,393 03-20-2017, 10:57 AM
Last Post: ysundfw
Question SleepyHead & CMS50F Oximeter & Mac Big Dog NY 14 4,030 03-19-2017, 10:01 PM
Last Post: ysundfw
Surprised Confused on oximeter real time usage on sleepyhead triciagalexander 10 413 02-10-2017, 11:26 PM
Last Post: triciagalexander
  Pulse/Oximeter and Mac Rcgop 0 214 02-03-2017, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Rcgop
Rainbow USB Download from Contec Oximeter to Mac JazG 2 275 01-27-2017, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Sleepyhead oximeter data-wrong days awoodby 5 667 11-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas