Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Compatibility with Mac High Sierra
Sleepyhead Compatibility with Mac High Sierra
Has anyone tried Sleepyhead on the new Mac High Sierra OS update (10.13)?  I want to update my Mac but wanted to check before doing so...

Thanks, Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead Compatibility with Mac High Sierra
Works just fine with High Sierra and the new developer beta released today....
Post Reply Post Reply
I will be updating to High Sierra when the public version is released. I haven't seen anything yet to indicate there will be a problem with any of the apps I use. Since High Sierra will be the last MacOS to support 32 bit apps, we will need to re-evaluate when the next version of the OS is released.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=3869]High Sierra is now a released product as off Monday 25th, so go right ahead and upgrade. I've already moved on to the next developer beta :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2017, 07:17 AM)grahamwright1 Wrote: High Sierra is now a released product as off Monday 25th, so go right ahead and upgrade.  I've already moved on to the next developer beta :-)

Thanks for the heads up. I've been kind off out of the loop this week and haven't been on the Mac at all. I intalled High Sierra this evening. Safari quit the first time I tried to reply, but seems to be working OK for now.

I just finished importing a couple of weeks of data into SleepyHead and the app is working as it should. This is the first time I've opened SleepyHead since I started loading the data from my wifi sd card in the DreamStation to both the iMac and my Windows laptop over our home network using FlashPap on the laptop. All of the data was there so I guess that is all working as it should. My next project will be to set up the Mac to load the data to both machines.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2017, 05:12 AM)MitchS Wrote: I will be updating to High Sierra when the public version is released. I haven't seen anything yet to indicate there will be a problem with any of the apps I use. Since High Sierra will be the last MacOS to support 32 bit apps, we will need to re-evaluate when the next version of the OS is released.

I have installed SleepyHead on High Sierra and 10.13.6 and it works fine.
Since your post implied that SleepyHead was a 32 bit app, I had the same concerns as you had last year about it working on Mojave, which is one reason I haven't installed Mojave yet... along with the issue of whether Office 2011 for Mac will continue to work and that definitely IS a 32 bit app.

I discovered today that SleepyHead IS a 64 bit app, so it should run fine on Mojave.

You can check this if you have SleepyHead installed by going to About this Mac, System Report, choosing Software, Applications and then scroll down on the righthand pane until you see SleepyHead....  then select it and you will see:

SleepyHead:

Obtained from: Unknown
  Last Modified: 4/21/16, 09:02
  Kind: Intel
  64-Bit (Intel): Yes
  Get Info String: Created by Qt/QMake
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2018, 01:43 AM)II biyahero Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 05:12 AM)MitchS Wrote: I will be updating to High Sierra when the public version is released. I haven't seen anything yet to indicate there will be a problem with any of the apps I use. Since High Sierra will be the last MacOS to support 32 bit apps, we will need to re-evaluate when the next version of the OS is released.

I have installed SleepyHead on High Sierra and 10.13.6 and it works fine.
Since your post implied that SleepyHead was a 32 bit app, I had the same concerns as you had last year about it working on Mojave, which is one reason I haven't installed Mojave yet... along with the issue of whether Office 2011 for Mac will continue to work and that definitely IS a 32 bit app.

I discovered today that SleepyHead IS a 64 bit app, so it should run fine on Mojave.

You can check this if you have SleepyHead installed by going to About this Mac, System Report, choosing Software, Applications and then scroll down on the righthand pane until you see SleepyHead....  then select it and you will see:

SleepyHead:

At the time of my last post, I was running a 32 bit version of SleepyHead. I have been running SleepyHead 1.1.0-unstable-0 OpenGL as well as v1.0.0-beta-2 on Majave for quite sometime now. I really like the new look of v1.1.0. The only problem I’ve had is both versions will occasionally crash repeatedly. The crashes occurred with High Sierra as well. Rebooting the Mac resolves the problem so I suspect it has more to do with the Mac than SleepyHead, although both versions of SleepyHead are OpenGL. Since it happens so infrequently I haven’t taken the time to look into the issue.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2018, 11:38 AM)MitchS Wrote:
(12-22-2018, 01:43 AM)II biyahero Wrote: I have installed SleepyHead on High Sierra and 10.13.6 and it works fine.

SleepyHead:

At the time of my last post, I was running a 32 bit version of SleepyHead. I have been running SleepyHead 1.1.0-unstable-0 OpenGL as well as v1.0.0-beta-2 on Majave for quite sometime now. I really like the new look of v1.1.0. The only problem I’ve had is both versions will occasionally crash repeatedly. The crashes occurred with High Sierra as well. Rebooting the Mac resolves the problem so I suspect it has more to do with the Mac than SleepyHead, although both versions of SleepyHead are OpenGL. Since it happens so infrequently I haven’t taken the time to look into the issue.

I wasn't aware that there was more than one version of SleepyHead.. thanks for the info.
The only one I ever saw was he v1.0.0-beta-2 which is what I have installed.  I haven't actually put any data in it yet... I'll probably do that just after New Years prior to visiting my Sleep Doctor.  

I'm hoping that I can manipulate the data with SleepyHead in such a way that it will show my actual nightly sleep periods rather than each nightly sleep period being broken up into two.  I mostly use the machine in a place that is 6 hours behind and one day ahead of what the machine is set for, which results in the machine cutting off my sleep period at 06:00 (Noon in the time zone the machine is set for) and starting a new sleep period, so when I arise the machine show I have used it for whatever time from 06:00 local to when I get up.

Do you know if the files produced by SleepHead can be read by a computer which does not have SleepyHead installed?
I use a Mac and the Doctor's office uses Windows 10, plus probably since she works out of a military hospital probably they will have major static about installing a beta program on their machines there at the sleep lab.

Perhaps I will need to print out the SleepyHead files and take them... I guess that is possible to print them?

I will be getting an AirMini next month and then I plan to not take my AirSense 10 back to where I got it anymore, so then I will change the date/time to where I actually use the machine most of the time and just use the AirMini (and take the SD card only from the AirSense 10 and SleepyHead data if they can view it there) when I travel back to my Sleep Doctor so hopefully that will fix the problem about the broken sleep periods.

Where could I find the SleepyHead 1.1.0-unstable-0 OpenGL to try it please?
Post Reply Post Reply
There are several threads on the forum discussing how to adjust the time on a ResMed machine. It can be time consuming and tedious, requiring adjustments over multiple days in order to keep from losing data. Since you haven’t imported data yet it would probably be best to adjust your clock now rather than later. It shouldn’t matter to your doctor how the clock is set. You can easily find threads on the forum relating to the subject by using Google to search the forum. The best way I have found is by entering ‘site:apneaboard.com *key words*’ into the the Google search bar without the apostrophes or asterisks and using key words of you choice. This will limit the search to the forum and reduce the number of unrelated results.

It’s my understanding that SleepyHead files can only be read by SleepyHead. You can, however print reports by going to File>Print Report in SleepyHead. You doctor will most likely use the manufacturer’s software, ResScan, to read your data or use the data available to them from the manufacturer’s website if the modem in your machine has already been registered.

The thread Sleepyhead Version 1.1.0 Testing Beta has a link to the software. The OP, Sleeprider, gives a good overview of the software and there is a good discussion about it.

Sleep well,
Mitch
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2018, 11:35 PM)MitchS Wrote: There are several threads on the forum discussing how to adjust the time on a ResMed machine. It can be time consuming and tedious, requiring adjustments over multiple days in order to keep from losing data. Since you haven’t imported data yet it would probably be best to adjust your clock now rather than later. It shouldn’t matter to your doctor how the clock is set. You can easily find threads on the forum relating to the subject by using Google to search the forum. The best way I have found is by entering ‘site:apneaboard.com *key words*’ into the the Google search bar without the apostrophes or asterisks and using key words of you choice. This will limit the search to the forum and reduce the number of unrelated results.

It’s my understanding that SleepyHead files can only be read by SleepyHead. You can, however print reports by going to File>Print Report in SleepyHead. You doctor will most likely use the manufacturer’s software, ResScan, to read your data or use the data available to them from the manufacturer’s website if the modem in your machine has already been registered.

The thread Sleepyhead Version 1.1.0 Testing Beta has a link to the software. The OP, Sleeprider, gives a good overview of the software and there is a good discussion about it.

Sleep well,
Mitch

Well I know how to change the date and time, but last time I did it some time ago I suspect that when I took the machine back to where I got it and used it for a few days before my appointment with the Sleep Doctor it may have caused problems because the date and time there were different than where I had set the date and time for.  In any case, the technicians at the Sleep Lab claimed the SD Card had gone missing and I am 100% sure it was in there, and they said they could only get "some limited" Data off the machine, and have asked me to bring the machine with me for my appointment.  So I think I will take the SD card out when I leave to go there, import the data into SleepyHead and see what it looks like... maybe print some SleepyHead data our.  On my travels to get to the Doctor I will be passing through several time zones while I use the machine on the way but without the SD Card in the machine, and when I arrive hand the SD Card to Doctor along with the machine, and maybe some SleepHead printouts.

Then when I come back, I'll erase the card, set the date and time to local date and time, and then next time I will just take the SD Card from the machine and maybe some SleepHead Data.  Since I will have an AirMini when I return, then I won't have to drag the AirSense 10 around passing through the increasingly intrusive "Security" at various airports where they now want me to take it out for inspection and then have to repack it.

If I do that and it turns out the SleepyHead data doesn't look right when I leave because of the split sleep periods, is there a way to erase all the existing SleepyHead data so as to start from scratch with the machine now set to local time and date?

Thanks for the tip on getting the SleepHead Version 1.1! I'll check it out. Also thanks for letting me know I can print the SleepHead files!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense 11 Autoset Compatibility with OSCAR crazednut 6 4,058 02-05-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: BelgianWaffle
  Philips Dreamstation 2 compatibility ameneses54 2 858 01-26-2022, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Oscar&Resmed S9 Compatibility - Device settings are not read xxxxqwe 20 1,916 05-25-2021, 06:27 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
Question Compatibility of OSCAR data between Linux and Windows Sn00zeAlarm 1 811 04-15-2020, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResMed high-resolution sampling rate foxfire 1 674 03-18-2020, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  SH compatibility w/ Resperonics Dreamstation tinkicker 8 5,684 12-08-2019, 03:37 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Random question: high-res OSCAR logo odile 2 775 08-07-2019, 07:58 PM
Last Post: odile

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.