Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Erasing some old SD card data?
Erasing some old SD card data?
After inserting card into my reader, out of curiosity, I used computer explorer to look at the card files structure.  There is alot of old data from 2011 from my first go around with cpap that is not needed.

So while I don't plan to erase anything, was curious if anyone has successfully erased really old stuff while retaining say last couple years?  Granted the SD card is 2Gb size and the amount of data stored is a "tiny" 40Mb so really isn't an issue.  Would save some time loading and you wouldn't have to see old stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Erasing some old SD card data?
You can erase it.   If you haven't,  I would make a copy of it on your computer first.   Also, your CPAP will overwrite older data as it needs space.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 09:12 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You can erase it.   If you haven't,  I would make a copy of it on your computer first.   Also, your CPAP will overwrite older data as it needs space.

Transferred datqa to flash drive, erased old data up to current start period.  Tried in Encore and voila, it worked!!
Post Reply Post Reply
For fun, opened some SD card files using notepad just to see what was there.  Nothing readable but alot really funky looking character symbols there.  No clue what language is used to write the data, but obviously pretty compact symbology to convey all the information that Encore and SleepyHead decodes back into readable data !!
Post Reply Post Reply
What are the file extension types? Resmed uses an .edf format which requires an EDF Viewer to make heads or tails out of them.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 11:27 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: What are the file extension types?  Resmed uses an .edf format which requires an EDF Viewer to make heads or tails out of them.

Thanks, I didn't see an extension on my explorer viewer.  Will search for a edf viewer if freebie just for curiosity.
Post Reply Post Reply
To view file extensions in Windows Explorer: Go to TOOLS --> Folder Options --> View. Make sure "Hide known file extensions" is not checked.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 11:37 AM)CPAPreturnee Wrote: Thanks, I didn't see an extension on my explorer viewer.  Will search for a edf viewer if freebie just for curiosity.

I don't know what Remstar uses for a file format, I was just using my Resmed as an example. Sorry for the confusion.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Also keep in mind that in Sleepyhead you can prevent the import of data older than a certain date. See File/Preferences/CPAP

My preference is to quick-format a SD card rather than delete files.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 02:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Also keep in mind that in Sleepyhead you can prevent the import of data older than a certain date.  See File/Preferences/CPAP

My preference is to quick-format a SD card rather than delete files.
I need to retain current data for when I go visit the sleep nurse in June.  She can erase it if she wants.  I will copy it to my hard drive for reference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 75 11 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 493 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Archive SD card data txrpls 3 803 12-18-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: txrpls
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 441 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.