Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Crashing?
Sleepyhead Crashing?
Did a search online and didn't have much luck so I figured I would ask here in hopes to fix this issue....

I recently reinstalled windows on my desktop, and this means reinstalling SleepyHead so I installed 1.0.0-beta-2
Data looks like it's importing but then crashes
I've done a clean boot so it's nothing else running causing this issue, I've ran the software as admin as well and no dice and aside from a few games, drivers & windows updates this PC is a 100% fresh install, oddly enough tho, 1.1.0 works like a charm

Any ideas on how I could hopefully get this working would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead Crashing?
Try running the broken-gl version in your sleepyhead installation folder it sounds like  a compatibility issue with the screen drivers on your computer
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead is known to be very slow in importing data, and the progress bar does not update properly. It is particularly slow on Windows machines.

Start your import and then go fix a cup of coffee, and then drink it - all of it! Then return to find sleepyHead has finished importing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2018, 03:05 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Try running the broken-gl version in your sleepyhead installation folder it sounds like  a compatibility issue with the screen drivers on your computer
Thanks, I'll give that a go once I get home from the office today.

(08-14-2018, 12:08 PM)pholynyk Wrote: SleepyHead is known to be very slow in importing data, and the progress bar does not update properly. It is particularly slow on Windows machines.

Start your import and then go fix a cup of coffee, and then drink it - all of it! Then return to find  sleepyHead has finished importing.
I've given it time haha' it's also logged in event viewer as a crash...
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2018, 03:05 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Try running the broken-gl version in your sleepyhead installation folder it sounds like  a compatibility issue with the screen drivers on your computer

Same thing.... acted like all the data imports then crash.... here's from eventviewer

Faulting application name: SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x05fce830
Faulting module name: SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x05fce830
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0010e22b
Faulting process id: 0x5158
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4350000813e02
Faulting application path: D:\Software\SleepyHead\SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Software\SleepyHead\SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe
Report Id: 88f7171c-8ef2-4e11-8697-5aecfc406eea
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Post Reply Post Reply
search google for the exception code if haven't already; should return a number of possible problems to look for.

I'm no expert so this is just to maybe tickle the thinking of other more knowledgable types. I've had problems with programs loading / launching, usually after some crummy windows update. one solution was to extend the wait time registry setting that was too short to allow slower programs to launch.

might also try running the exe in a different compatibility mode, like win7.
Post Reply Post Reply
also, you mention 1.1.0 works okay. 1.1.0 created at least one issue for me in 1.1.0, which problem subsequently appeared in 1.0.0 after installing 1.1.0. maybe uninstall both versions (at least 1.1.0) using an uninstaller that will delete residual files, folders and registry entries that windows unistaller leaves behind, then reinstall 1.0.0.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2018, 05:03 PM)sheepless Wrote: also, you mention 1.1.0 works okay.  1.1.0 created at least one issue for me in 1.1.0, which problem subsequently appeared in 1.0.0 after installing 1.1.0.  maybe uninstall both versions (at least 1.1.0) using an uninstaller that will delete residual files, folders and registry entries that windows unistaller leaves behind, then reinstall 1.0.0.

Already done haha'
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR crashing during import for resvent ibreeze bubbagump 17 1,676 10-24-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: bubbagump
  [split] OSCAR crashing on Mac M1 Geynshlofn 2 595 03-05-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Geynshlofn
  OSCAR crashing? KSMatthew 1 423 12-13-2022, 07:00 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Exclaimation OSCAR appears crashing on start B1Sailor 12 931 09-25-2022, 09:46 AM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  OSCAR crashing on change to or from OVERVIEW tab [solved - see posts 2&3] BruQu 4 665 06-26-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Pc crashing since Oscar installed Made 2 572 03-14-2022, 07:23 PM
Last Post: ElusiveRisk
  Oscar crashing when importong from oxymeter J Francois 10 1,058 02-28-2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.