Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Data Help
Sleepyhead Data Help
I was wondering if anyone could take a look at may data and give me some insight on how to improve my AHI. I know it's pretty good, but when I see others with numbers like 1ish and even lower, I wonder why I can't get there too. Thanks, everyone!

[Image: ye37xV4.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead Data Help
Hi Littlefatcat, nice job on the graph, it really provides good information. The events are predominately obstructive, and suggest a need for higher minimum pressure. I would start with in increase of 1.0 cm to 11.0, and observe the results for a week. If you want to take a more cautious approach, then an increase of 0.5 cm to 10.5 would probably produce positive results. I would ignore or remove the VS2 line from the graphes, and if you remove the pie chart, more machine settings willl be visible (file/Preferences/Appearance).

Obstructive events are pretty well documented in these results with coincident OA, FL and snores. A bit more minimum pressure may reduce these. Everything else looks normal and pretty good to me. What Flex setting are you using?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2017, 06:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Hi Littlefatcat, nice job on the graph, it really provides good information.  The events are predominately obstructive, and suggest a need for higher minimum pressure.  I would start with in increase of 1.0 cm to 11.0, and observe the results for a week.  If you want to take a more cautious approach, then an increase of 0.5 cm to 10.5 would probably produce positive results.  I would ignore or remove the VS2 line from the graphes, and if you remove the pie chart, more machine settings willl be visible (file/Preferences/Appearance).

Obstructive events are pretty well documented in these results with coincident OA, FL and snores.  A bit more minimum pressure may reduce these. Everything else looks normal and pretty good to me.  What Flex setting are you using?

Thank you, Sleeprider! I will try changing the settings tonight. Does the VS2 mean I am snoring a lot? I have turned down the Flex to 1. I think the settings I have are 1 - 3. Is 1 okay? (Trying to figure out what all this data means.)
Post Reply Post Reply
No one knows what VS2 is.  Turn of the flags, it is just noise.  You can go into the clinicians' menu and turn off flex entirely.  My AHI is noticeably lower with it off.  Not everyone reacts like that.
Post Reply Post Reply
VS2 is mostly meaningless, and I prefer to turh it off in the charts. There are some snores (VS), and most indications are you have some remaining obstruction that should respond to pressure. The CA events are something I usually disregard in new users as it tends to resolve on its own. I always did better with Flex setting of 1 rather than 3.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2017, 08:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: VS2 is mostly meaningless, and I prefer to turh it off in the charts.

(05-25-2017, 07:16 PM)chill Wrote: No one knows what VS2 is.  Turn of the flags, it is just noise.  You can go into the clinicians' menu and turn off flex entirely.  

Thanks for the info. I'll turn off VS2. Also, I didn't realize there was a flex setting in clinician's menu. May turn that off too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Turning off Flex will also raise your EPAP, so you may want to hold off on raising your minimum pressure for a while, until you evaluate the change in flex. Many people with CAs report that they do better with no flex or EPR. I'm not one of them; my AHI doubles or triples when I remove EPR. OTOH, I have almost no CA events most nights.
Also, I don't really know how the Respironics machines declare a Flow Limitation event flag.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! Turning off FLEX tonight to see if it makes a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hoping to get help comparing 3 days of data. First day was posted above. 

I made a change on day 2 by changing the lower pressure from 10 to 11. Slept well. 

The third night, I changed the pressure back to what it was before (That is, 10 for the low number)...but I turned off the FLEX. My Dreamstation has two flex settings. One is FLEX with the options of OFF, A-FLEX, AND C-FLEX. I set this one to off. The other FLEX setting has the options of 1, 2, 3. I have that set to one. I really don't understand what changing the first option to off does. Whatever it was, I woke up several times with air coming from my mouth. It's not that I had my mouth open, it's just that the pressure was blowing through my mouth (if that make sense??). Miserable night.

Anyway, not sure where to go from here. I'd appreciate help with interpretation of the Sleepyhead data.
Thank you!

[Image: 5EnD4c0.png]

[Image: 7F10q3s.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
many advise only small changes and that you wait several days at a setting before making a judgement on whether it worked.  sorry your flex off adventure was miserable.  try to stay at the next selected setting for a while.

for what flex does, you might want to read this post: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid206250

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,281 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  SpO2 vs CPAP data in Sleepyhead Albercook 8 2,388 09-13-2018, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Albercook
  Transferring to new Hard Drive - Sleepyhead data files Mosquitobait 3 1,624 05-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Two months of SleepyHead Data FirstNoele 4 1,562 05-16-2018, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.