Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Data -- Please Help -- Newbie
RE: Sleepyhead Data -- Please Help -- Newbie
(03-27-2018, 12:22 PM)Ron AKA Wrote: Keep in mind that as long as you are reducing the total number of events, you are better off. What was your AHI at diagnosis, and the breakdown of what portion was CA and what was OA?

My original sleep study (before CPAP)
[Image: Screen_Shot_2018_03_27_at_1_02_53_PM.png]

I don't know which numbers are needed to determine this.  So here's the sleep study results.  Even though I was wearing the sleep study the entire night, I remember I only slept maybe a few hours that night.

What can you guys tell from my CPAP data about the masks and leaks?  Is my new mask that I used last night, the Amara Gel Full Face, not working as well as the other mask?  And why did my "periodic respiration" change from 1% nights before to 8% last night?  Can you tell from the results?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your CA index at diagnosis seems to be 0.9 which is quite low. Your OA is about 10. And your Hypopnea index (partial obstruction) is fairly high at 20. A CPAP should bring your numbers down as it can treat the OA and Hypopnea. Your CA may increase some, but it is not that high, so I wouldn't worry about it for now.

I would strongly recommend using these links to organize your SleepyHead charts and to attach screenshot images in this Forum. I will attach and example of what I think a useful layout looks like. Too much detail in the beginning confuses the issue.

SleepyHead Layout Organization
[/url]
[url=http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Attaching_Images_and_Files_on_Apnea_Board]Attaching Screenshots

Next, I would try increasing your minimum set pressure. It appears to be at the default 4 cm. You may want to try 6 cm, and let it ramp up to 6 if your machine has that feature. Look at your results after a night at the 6 cm, and you should see fewer events. After that you may want to step up the minimum in 0.5 cm steps. The idea is to minimize events without pushing the pressure too high. When the events are not that frequent, then just leave the minimum there, and let the machine respond in auto mode. Last look at reducing the max pressure if you see the machine is increasing the pressure too high and not getting anything useful in event reduction.

As for the leakage, your best results are the 23 and 24. 25 is worse, and 26 is worse still. Keep in mind that when the machine is setting higher pressures, the mask is more likely to leak. So, you kind of have to watch leakage and pressure at the same time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on my data, which mask is working better and why? The AmaraView I used the first 4 nights? Or the AmaraGel I used last night?
Post Reply Post Reply
And why did my "periodic breathing" change from 1% nights before to 8% last night? Does the data I posted address this?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 393 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 274 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 298 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.