Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Data difference Mac vs Win
Sleepyhead Data difference Mac vs Win
Okay,

Now I am totally confused. I finally got SleepyHead loaded on my Mac and the data imported. I also have it on my Win 8.1 laptop and I have made the following observation.

Even though I loaded from the same locked SD card, my data range is significantly different. The Win machine goes back to day one (July of 12) whereas the Mac goes back to December, then an entry for July of 13 and 2 for Aug of 12. There is also a note that says "The above has a threshold which excludes day counts less than 5 from the best/worst highlighting." The days of data are 542 for Windows and 126 for the Mac.

Is part of this the fact that the Win version is 9.3 and the Mac 9.2?

Pardon the confusion, but I was in a 4 hour proposal meeting for a new sound/audio system for our church this morning and the numbers are still spinning in my head, Oh-jeez
RE: Sleepyhead Data difference Mac vs Win
No clue but I updated your subject line so the Mac geeks will see it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Unless I'm misunderstanding here, it's because the SD card doesn't store data very long. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it retains graphs for like 7 days and compliance data for 365 days or something like that. So the Windows one, which you've been using, has saved all your data, but it's not on the card for your mac to read.
Since Respironics machines don't erase anything off the card until they get full. All the data should be on the card unless you've deleted it.

What's more odd to me than the fact that it only goes back to December is that there are odd entries for other times. I think I'd try to delete the data from Sleepyhead and re-import it. Maybe the download glitched while it was transferring.
(04-30-2014, 01:04 AM)eviltim Wrote: Unless I'm misunderstanding here, it's because the SD card doesn't store data very long. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it retains graphs for like 7 days and compliance data for 365 days or something like that. So the Windows one, which you've been using, has saved all your data, but it's not on the card for your mac to read.

I was thinking that, however, the Windows machine has a brand new hard drive which never had SleepyHead installed.
(04-30-2014, 12:12 PM)Bama Rambler Wrote: Since Respironics machines don't erase anything off the card until they get full. All the data should be on the card unless you've deleted it.

What's more odd to me than the fact that it only goes back to December is that there are odd entries for other times. I think I'd try to delete the data from Sleepyhead and re-import it. Maybe the download glitched while it was transferring.

Bama,

Thanx for the words. I went back in and sent my entire profile to the trash, emptied the trash, and then recreated it. Went in and reimported the data and it is all there. (Something I probably should have thought about.) It even has the data hole from when I had my surgery,

I probably should have thought about your suggestion first as that was always the first fix when I was working with online banking.

Again, many thanx!

That's one of the significant differences between ResMed and PRS1. If you have a ResMed machine you must download your detailed data weekly, or else it's gone forever.

I just imported my data from my PRS1 to a fresh install of SleepyHead. All 2.5 years is there, and the SD card's memory is 98% free.

I just don't understand why ResMed has to do it that way. It's like they think the SD card is a 5.25 inch floppy with only a 320-kilobyte capacity. Dielaughing
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I can't understand ResMed's thinking either. Why would a programmer even go to the trouble of deleting the data when they don't have to.

I'm very glad that I have a PR machine that doesn't automatically delete the data.
Wow, a 5.35" floppy. Lets see, did I need a chisel to write to those?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Hey, I have an 8 inch floppy sitting in my files. Came from an old word processor we had in my AF squadron and I was the only officer who knew how to use it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 249 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 9 1,059 02-20-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Being overweight - make a big difference? p123 6 1,828 11-03-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Hose [size difference] Johnboy 10 3,787 09-22-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] difference between sw to cf niro 1 499 08-28-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.