Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead & Devibiss Intellipap2 (DV64)
Sleepyhead & Devibiss Intellipap2 (DV64)
Has anyone been able to get these to play nicely together, or if not, know whether there are any plans to make Sleepyhead Intellipap friendly?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead & Devibiss Intellipap2 (DV64)
First, do a search the forum for that near the upper right of the dark bar at the top.

Second, the Sleepyhead developer has been having health issues, so further work is on hold.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Beej, I have already searched but was asking in case there were any more recent news. Sorry to hear that the Sleepyhead developer is unwell, & hope he/she recovers soon.

I guess it means that there is no certainty about any future development of the software, & no plans at present for anyone else to pick up the development from the developer.  Such a shame, because although only new here & to Sleepyhead I can see just how valuable it is. Without ongoing development it can only become increasingly less relevant to owners of newer machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
In past years, when JediMark's health had prevented him from updating the code to work with newer machines, since SleepyHead is open-source software, some kind soul who was a talented coder would step up and create a patch for SleepyHead so it would work with some of those unsupported machines.   As far as I know, no one has done that yet for the DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 machines. 

I do know that in order to provide any type of patch, a coder would need examples of the machine data.  So if someone does step up and offers to work on a patch, perhaps they can respond in this thread and you can share some of your data with them to facilitate such a project.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2017, 11:06 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: In past years, when JediMark's health had prevented him from updating the code to work with newer machines, since SleepyHead is open-source software, some kind soul who was a talented coder would step up and create a patch for SleepyHead so it would work with some of those unsupported machines.   As far as I know, no one has done that yet for the DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 machines. 

I do know that in order to provide any type of patch, a coder would need examples of the machine data.  So if someone does step up and offers to work on a patch, perhaps they can respond in this thread and you can share some of your data with them to facilitate such a project.

Coffee

Hiya,
The Intellipap 2 only arrived in the mail yesterday & as yet I have only had a 'play' with it so no data just yet. However once I have begun using it I would be more than happy to to share my data for such a worthy cause. 

When my hire period of the Resmed machine finishes in 11 days time, unless I am able to get useful information in share-able form to post on the forum from Devilbiss' code/web site arrangement, it is very possible that my prescence on the forum will dwindle, and in case this happens I wonder if I could PM my email address to someone who could contact me if/when someone is able to step up to work on a patch for the Intellipap 2 (& other DV6 series machines).  Who would be the best person for me to PM?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software for Intellipap2 Devilbiss cdcatabijan 4 1,471 05-05-2020, 04:33 AM
Last Post: Shorty
  Devilbiss Intellipap2/Blue and Sleepyhead SleepyBee 12 4,777 12-11-2018, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Heyns

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.