Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Display Problem on High-Res Screens
Sleepyhead Display Problem on High-Res Screens
Hello, all. I searched, and couldn't really find anything on this. I apologize for not posting images in this thread, but I'm a new user and my post count isn't high enough (8 needed) to allow me to do so. I also can't post clickable links, so just copy and paste the links below to view my screenshots.

I have a Yoga 2 Pro running Windows 8.1 with a QHD+ display native resolution of 3200 x 1800. The scaling is all messed up. Here is what it looks like in native resolution:

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q626...hkotoz.png

Using the same data, I viewed it on a Windows 7 x64 Home Premium laptop with a native resolution of 1366 x 768, giving me a much different and quite usable display:

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q626...rvgiwf.png

So I thought I'd just change my resolution on my Yoga 2 Pro to 1366 x 768 to fix it. Doesn't work, exactly the same as at the native resolution. Here's what I got:

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q626...nsnlru.png

It's a pain in the butt going to my backup POS laptop with the lower resolution just to view Sleepyhead data. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to view this on my high resolution Yoga 2 Pro? I think it's related to scaling but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead Display Problem on High-Res Screens
Yeah, that is a mess. Not a clue how to fix that but I did fix your links for you.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just a thought: Perhaps you could have SH show fewer graphs on the big machine.

Do you have windows set to upscale? Like I'm running W7 on this machine and I set the display settings in control panel to 125%. Some programs do not display properly with that setting.

I'm guessing you had to set the display to 150% when running 3200 x 1800.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
From the SH website, I remembered the following:

Which build to choose?
BrokenGL These are special compatability builds, that run on a wider range of video hardware.
OpenGL Standard, faster graphs, but require an OpenGL 2.0 compatible graphics card.

Could the problem be the graphics card compatibility?
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem isn't graphics card compatibility.

It's definitely tied to the magnification. The default/recommended setting for this laptop is on the highest magnification. I can reduce the magnification to nothing and it displays everything a little bit better without the runover.....but it reduces everything on the laptop, including the Sleepyhead data, to an unusable and tiny size. It also requires a reboot to change the magnification settings, so this really isn't a reasonable solution.

I'm open to any other suggestions, and appreciate all the responses.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Pig Vomit,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
"Pig Vomit?" Really?

Are you using the "display scaling" or DPI resolution setting?

I decided some time ago that Windows DPI scaling was basically broken.

Luckily, none of my PC's are infested with Windows 8 yet. On Vista and Win7, there was a DPI or scaling setting of some sort under the right click-personalize options. None of the settings seemed to work correctly, but some of them were less broken than other versions. One option that helped a bit was to select "Use windows XP style DPI coding."

My understanding was that it required a lot of extra work for programmers to rewrite their programs to handle windows DPI scaling. Apparently, a lot of the tools and programs weren't rewritten to handle it. After spending a lot of time tinkering with it, I gave up on the windows display scaling options.

I saw screwed up screens similar to that when I tried to use the windows scaling functions.

It wouldn't surprise me if Win 8 has changed the way such things work again and screwed it all up in a new and improved way.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's an option in SleepyHead to use larger fonts. Preference-appearance.

I suspect that there will be a number of programs other than SleepyHead that have similar problems if you're trying to run programs that aren't Windows 8 specific.

You might find the Windows magnifier function to be somewhat useful, but I haven't used it that much. Microsoft deprecated Aero in Windows 8 and a lot of the cooler zoom functions were tied to Aero.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I'm "Pig Vomit". Has a lot of meanings. To me. And it's catchy and memorable, no?

The magnification I referred to is more or less the Win 8.1 equivalent to DPI Scaling settings in Win 7.

I'm not fond of Win 8, but I needed a new laptop and wanted a high-res touch ultrabook. Win 8.1 was really the only way to go. Haven't tried SH on Win 10 yet. I suppose I should try that in a virtual machine environment....that might be the easiest solution if it appears correctly in Win 10.

I've already tried the compatibility setting for SH to "Disable display scaling on high DPI displays". Nope.

Tried changing the font size. Nope.

Tried screwing around with the Y-axis setting. Nope.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just installed SH on Windows 10 Technical Preview. Displays exactly as on Windows 8.1, so this isn't a solution.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 221 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dell XPS-13 Laptop & OSCAR Display Resolution 44tonner 2 163 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: 44tonner
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 660 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 560 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 731 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Event type display MarkChap 8 910 09-16-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.