Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Download Issue
Sleepyhead Download Issue
Hi guys,

Today I have downloaded the Sleephead software, which results in saving a ~48MB execute file. When I attempt to install this by double clicking on it, nothing seems to happen???

Have tried repeating the download, but again no installation.

I am using Windows 7 Professional on a laptop.

Earlier, I downloaded & installed ResScan 5.5 without any problems at all.

Sorry to be a pest.

Happy days
PJ.Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead Download Issue
there's quite a number of different sleepyhead downloads floating around.

which did you get?
Post Reply Post Reply
The only place you should be getting the 1.0.0 beta versions of SleepyHead is from JediMark's new download page here:

http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./

Any one of the mirror sites listed on that page should be okay as well.

Make sure you first completely delete any previously-downloaded version before attempting another download.

And, of course, I can always offer the advice of rebooting (restarting) your computer before you attempt to click on the install exe file (that tends to solve a lot of Windows problems, believe it or not). A lot of people leave their PC on for days without rebooting - Windows gets kind of funky when you do that.

Of course, the above is likely not the cause, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case it is. Hopefully someone else can chime in with additional thoughts.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I ned to get SH loaded on my laptop--have it on my PC installed last October. I had a terrible time getting SH downloaded the first time. Are there directions to follow for this newer version that comes up on the link you just gave?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks palerider and SuperSleeper.

The only place I can see to download a Windows version now is the link that Supersleeper shows above. It would appear from the title of the file that it may be a 32 bit application, but Windows 7 Professional is a 64 bit program. Could this be the issue as I note there were previously downloads that distinguished between the two. This was a fresh first time download (with 2 attempts). I have now deleted both of those files & in the meantime uploaded all outstanding Windows Updates to my machine & rebooted. I am currently downloading again & will advise if any progress this time....
Fingers crossed.....

No joy. I get the first "Unknown Publisher etc" box, but when I click through that nothing obvious seems to happen & I end up looking at the file name again in my download directory.

Any further input much appreciated as from all the commentary it sounds like Sleepyhead is a useful program......Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2016, 12:13 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: The only place you should be getting the 1.0.0 beta versions of SleepyHead is from JediMark's new download page here:

https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./

Any one of the mirror sites listed on that page should be okay as well.

Coffee

When attempting this link using Chrome I get a privacy rejection and page cannot be accessed at this time. And the solution was to remove the s from https.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2016, 01:32 AM)pjfollyfarm Wrote: Thanks palerider and SuperSleeper.

The only place I can see to download a Windows version now is the link that Supersleeper shows above. It would appear from the title of the file that it may be a 32 bit application, but Windows 7 Professional is a 64 bit program. Could this be the issue as I note there were previously downloads that distinguished between the two.

Almost all 32 bit Windows programs will run on a 64 bit version of Windows. It's only a problem when you try to run 64 bit programs on 32 bit Windows.

32 bit programs usually run just as well on 64 bit Windows as they do on 32 bit windows.

SleepyHead 1.0 32 bit version runs fine on 64 bit Windows, at least on Windows 10.k

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2016, 12:53 AM)SideSleeper Wrote: I ned to get SH loaded on my laptop--have it on my PC installed last October. I had a terrible time getting SH downloaded the first time. Are there directions to follow for this newer version that comes up on the link you just gave?

Installation should be pretty self-explainatory. If you're running Windows, just download the .exe file and once the download completes, simply double-click on it and follow the installation directions.

As far as instructions for using the newer 1.0.0 beta versions, there is no documentation on it yet, although RobySue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead provides a ton of information for SleepyHead in general, and although it was written for an older version of SleepyHead, much of what is there still applies to the new 1.0.0 beta version as well.

RobySue plans on updating that article in the coming months to be more in line with version 1.0.0.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2016, 11:01 AM)sonicboom Wrote: When attempting this link using Chrome I get a privacy rejection and page cannot be accessed at this time. And the solution was to remove the s from https.

I'm changing our Apnea Board links to use the non-secure URL of:

http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE .

Seems to resolve to the correct download page that way as well.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2016, 01:32 AM)pjfollyfarm Wrote: No joy. I get the first "Unknown Publisher etc" box, but when I click through that nothing obvious seems to happen & I end up looking at the file name again in my download directory.

Any further input much appreciated as from all the commentary it sounds like Sleepyhead is a useful program......Sleep-well

Right-click the file you downloaded and go to properties.
Under the General tab (you should be there by default) if there is an "Unblock" button on the bottom, please click on that.
Close the box and try to execute the file again.

If you get a box that says "Windows protected your PC" click on "More Info" and then click on "Run anyway".

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 291 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 198 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 494 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 298 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  Issue: Oscar imported session partially alexroz 3 556 11-04-2023, 04:15 AM
Last Post: alexroz
  IBreeze import issue Gideon 4 591 10-23-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 441 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.