Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Download Issue
RE: Sleepyhead Download Issue
(04-03-2016, 04:15 PM)AlanE Wrote: Right-click the file you downloaded and go to properties.
Under the General tab (you should be there by default) if there is an "Unblock" button on the bottom, please click on that.
Close the box and try to execute the file again.

If you get a box that says "Windows protected your PC" click on "More Info" and then click on "Run anyway".

Thanks AlanE. I followed your instructions & there was an "unblock" button. I clicked on it and it went away. After closing the box I tried double clicking on the file again, but unfortunately no obvious execution. Did not even get the first "Publisher unknown / Run" box that I had been seeing previously. A frustrating start......
Post Reply Post Reply
What folder are you trying to run it from? Maybe copy it into downloads (if not already there) and Right click on it and try Runas administrator.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
If you accessed the site at an earlier point to when the certs where set up, you may have some SSL stuff cached for the site... Test it in a private window and see if it still does it..

I just spent all morning looking at server configs trying to figure out why my browser kept mapping http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE . links to https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE . and forcing SSL... Turns out I just needed to clear the old site out of my browser cache. Doh! :-}

My site certificates are legit, from new LetsEncrypt authority... It's a relatively new authority, so old browsers might not know about it. (Please update your web browser!!! Running old browsers is a security risk anyway!!)

For anyone sharing SleepyHead links, use the http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ., there isn't any reason to encrypt downloads.. that's more for auto-updater and site login stuff coming later on.

I'll add some SHA1 hashes later today for anyone who wants to double check.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2016, 08:22 PM)AlanE Wrote: What folder are you trying to run it from? Maybe copy it into downloads (if not already there) and Right click on it and try Runas administrator.

Hi again AlanE

I did not have the file in the Downloads folder, so I deleted it again and downloaded it into the Downloads folder. I also tried to follow the advice (I think) of JediMark. I am using a current version of Mozilla Firefox as browser. I cleared all history & cookies and then opened a new private window, which I used to download the file (again & again......)

When I right clicked on it and chose "run as administrator", this time I had a security box open asking if would allow this program from an "unknown publisher" to make changes to my computer. I clicked yes and after a flicker of the screen the box closed & I was back looking at the execute file in my downloads folder. No success unfortunately.

Any other options from JediMark or AlanE?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like your anti-virus is stopping it.
reboot your PC (always a good thing on windows)
Disable your antivirus temporarily.
Try to install Sleepyhead again.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again AlanE,
I have previously disabled security (Microsoft Essentials) & tried to execute without it making any difference, but will give it another try with latest folder etc tomorrow morning. Long day today & it is late here.....
Happy daysThanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck. we'll try to figure out something else if that doesn't work.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well AlanE,
Another try. Rebooted my computer. Disabled the Microsoft antivirus (Real time protection - Microsoft essentials - no other virus software installed).
Went back to the Download folder and right clicked on the Sleepyhead installation file. Clicked on "run as administrator".

Again a "User Account Control" box appeared with the warning "Do you want to allow the following Program from an unknown publisher to make changes to the computer" Program new: SleepyHead-1.0.0-beta-1-Snapshot-Win32- OpenGL etc etc

Clicked on Yes - Box disappeared. Back looking at the file in the Download folder. No apparent installation or execution of the file.....

Frustrated....who's frustrated Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Check event viewer, application log to see if it is giving a clue as to why. long shot there.

Do you know how to view the SHA1 hash value for a file?

There is a command line utility to do this.
Open a command prompt
You should be in C:\users\yourname
type in cd downloads
You should now be in c:\users\yourname\downloads
if not, go ahead and CD to that folder.

highlight this next line and copy it: (I assume the underlined portion is the file you downloaded. If not, please download it again)

certutil -hashfile SleepyHead-1.0.0-beta-1-Snapshot-Win32-OpenGL-20160309-7dcb76e.exe SHA1

in the command prompt, right click and choose paste. You can't do a control-v here.

Press enter. If you did it right it should return a long string that looks like this:

SHA1 hash of file SleepyHead-1.0.0-beta-1-Snapshot-Win32-OpenGL-20160309-7dcb76e.exe:
c9 2f 99 13 42 8a 82 89 44 4d 29 8e 4b 5b 21 46 f5 c5 1d 49
CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.

The bold part is the SHA1 hash. If your hash is different, you have a corrupt download. You'll need to delete those you downloaded and try downloading again. Before you go to the download page, I would clear your browser's cache for good measure.

Try both links on the download page:
Jedimark's Server (Singapore)
Sleepfiles.com (USA)

You'll end up with two copies the second one will have a (1).exe on the end but both will be the same. You can check the hash on the second one and compare it to the first.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again AlanE,

Thanks for your persistence.

I followed the instructions in you post above with the Command Prompt and everything that was displayed was as you had indicated. No indication of corrupted file.

I then downloaded the file from the other (US) server and the two files appeared to be identical. I clicked on "run as an admistrator" on the newer file in my downloads directory and got the same result as before. Security box opened then back to the file. No execution or install. No difference whether Microsoft anti-virus on or off.

Not winning Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 291 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 198 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 493 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 298 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  Issue: Oscar imported session partially alexroz 3 556 11-04-2023, 04:15 AM
Last Post: alexroz
  IBreeze import issue Gideon 4 591 10-23-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 441 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.