Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Duplicate Data
Sleepyhead Duplicate Data
Hi, I had traveled to another time zone for a week, and had imported my sleepyhead data in.  When I returned and imported my new data, it has duplicated my data while I was in a different time zone.  how do I remove the duplicate data?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead Duplicate Data
Select the date of the data you want to delete, then use the Sleepyhead menu Data/Advanced/Purge Current Selected Day.

Of course you do not want to use the purge all data option.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
Thanks, that helped.
Post Reply Post Reply
Amazing, I just today noticed that I also have duplicated/triplicated data for 4 months, probably caused by travel!
See 
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t-timezone

I think this is an important problem to be aware of when using the Resmed with sleepyhead and traveling. It seems the clock auto-sets itself from the network, and then data is duplicated.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure the ResMed clock never resets from the network - at least mine, made in late 2014, runs consistently slow and never updates. Your computer, however, can get it's time from the network, especially if you change the timezone on the computer as you travel. Then each time you import data, you could create a new session for the same data with the new timezone offset. I don't travel enough to verify this, however.
A possible solution might be to not import your data while travelling, but wait until you return to your home base.
A longer term solution involves investigation as to how sessions are saved in SleepyHead, with a view toward avoiding re-importing existing sessions - I'll make a note.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also think that its the PC datetime thats causing the issue you should be able to delete the affected sessions and reimport now your home
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend that users do not reset the time on their machines for travel as it can cause all kind of problems. A few days or even weeks in a different time zone are not all that important to display the correct time. The machines do restrict setting time earlier, either when you arrive or return, and if you exceed enough hours to reset the day, it can be difficult to recover. Just let it be, sleep well and don't worry about the clock while you're on vacation or travel.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2018, 08:28 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I recommend that users do not reset the time on their machines for travel as it can cause all kind of problems.

I don't think it has to do with changing the clock on the resmed device when traveling. I never do, and I had this problem. Now I also don't think it has to do with automatic time change through the network.

I think it has to do with timezone change on the machine sleepyhead is running on. So it means that one shouldn't run sleepyhead while traveling. (if the machine that sleepyhead runs on changes timezone)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2018, 05:12 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Your computer, however, can get it's time from the network, especially if you change the timezone on the computer as you travel. Then each time you import data, you could create a new session for the same data with the new timezone offset. I don't travel enough to verify this, however.
A possible solution might be to not import your data while travelling, but wait until you return to your home base.
This is the likely Cause.   I hadn't ever changed time settings on the Airsense 10.  Although my Mac autoupdates the time to the Timezone its in.  Next time I travel I will see if forcing my computers time zone back to where I normally use it before i import data, prevents this issue from happening.  This would determine if the issue is with the Airsense, or the Time settings on the machine running sleepyhead.

Quote:A longer term solution involves investigation as to how sessions are saved in SleepyHead, with a view toward avoiding re-importing existing sessions - I'll make a note.
I did something similar, I looked at the Sleepyhead data, and found the files with those time stamps, and removed them, then I rebuilt sleepyhead data in the App to remove the redundant data.  Afterwards, since I'm using the data created in my current time zone, nothing duplicated again after my next import.  But if this is able to be automated, that would be useful for my future import mistakes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2018, 01:31 PM)HeadlessDeath Wrote: I did something similar, I looked at the Sleepyhead data, and found the files with those time stamps, and removed them, then I rebuilt sleepyhead data in the App to remove the redundant data.  Afterwards, since I'm using the data created in my current time zone, nothing duplicated again after my next import.  But if this is able to be automated, that would be useful for my future import mistakes.

Oh, good idea! So I go to Profiles/USER/ResMed_XXXXXXXXXXXXX/Backup/DATALOG/2017 and remove all the edf files with that timestamp, and then chose from the menu Data->Rebuild CPAP data?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 82 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,634 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,029 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Import CSV data file without matching SD card sleep data 2SleepBetta 4 1,260 09-30-2021, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Neelix
  Bug: Viatom data reappearing in OSCAR after deleting oximetry data Ratchick 2 955 04-19-2021, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Oscar Error there is no data to graph summary data only u4ea 2 1,446 02-05-2021, 10:02 PM
Last Post: u4ea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.