Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Erasing SD Card
Sleepyhead Erasing SD Card
I'm having difficulty with Sleepyhead software.

When I download SH and then put in preferences/personal data, the next time I open it, all of those entries are gone and I have to re-enter preferences/personal data again.

Also, when I put the SD card in the card reader to download data, I can't leave the card locked. After unlocking the card the program downloads the card data and I can look at the results. Upon placing the SD card back in the s9, the card data has to be deleted before I can use the machine. The result of all this is that I only end up with one days worth of data on the SD card.

I've tried downloading SH several times to no avail.

Thanks, Bob
RE: Sleepyhead Erasing SD Card
Which computer operating system are you using. The later versions of windows seem to have an issue with an unlocked card.
I'm now on Windows 7; but was on Windows XP. I just copied my (locked) card contents to a folder; pointed SH at that folder; and it imported data.

Also, what version of SH? Version 0.9.3 seems to work fine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
(05-21-2014, 07:53 AM)BiBob Wrote: Also, when I put the SD card in the card reader to download data, I can't leave the card locked. After unlocking the card the program downloads the card data and I can look at the results. Upon placing the SD card back in the s9, the card data has to be deleted before I can use the machine. The result of all this is that I only end up with one days worth of data on the SD card.

I've tried downloading SH several times to no avail.

Thanks, Bob

Hi. Are you somehow telling sleepyhead to store its data on your SD card during installation? That is the only thing I can fathom given your description.
Sleepwrangler could be right. Try it again and this time when you click import instead of "the usual," tell it "new location." Then make sure the location you give it (or that it uses for a default) is your C: drive.

I have Windows 7. When I download SH I let it select the file location and then make a short cut on my desktop. It is located on C: drive. When I open SH it goes to the Welcome to SleepyHead header and I have to load all the info again. I take that to mean that it somehow starts all over again as opposed to starting recognizing me as given all this already.

SH version is v0.9.5. How do I get to version 0.9.3???

Sorry for the lousy explanation. And thanks for the discussion and help.

Bob
It's odd that SleepyHead doesn't remember the user profile once you create it. I'm using ver 0.9.5 and have had no problems with it. I even have multiple users and it doesn't have a problem with them.

Where are you choosing to store the user profile when you create it? If you're storing it on the SD card that's most likely your problem.
Bama -- Are you using Win 7? And when i'm done inputing the personal data, location etco-- It just asks if I want to save it and I click yes.
(05-21-2014, 07:53 AM)BiBob Wrote: Also, when I put the SD card in the card reader to download data, I can't leave the card locked.
Maybe faulty card reader or/and SD card
(05-21-2014, 07:53 AM)BiBob Wrote: Also, when I put the SD card in the card reader to download data, I can't leave the card locked. After unlocking the card the program downloads the card data and I can look at the results.

What do you mean by "I can't leave the card locked?" What happens if the card is locked? If you leave the card locked, does it not show up in the data choices? Can you see it in the "computer" on your desktop?

Put the locked card in your PC and see if you can see the card in "Computer" on your desktop without running SleepyHead. Then try unlocking the card and seeing if you can see the data. Then see if your S9 wants to reformat it. If so, something other than SleepyHead is writing to the SD card.

SleepyHead never writes data to the card. Period.

The S9 will require the card be formatted if the PC writes data to it. Curse you, ResMed for your moronic design on this issue!

This sounds like you might have malware (a "virus") that is writing data to your SD card. Try running some virus scans. Malwarebytes free (malwarebytes.org) might be worth running.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
I have sleepyhead installed on both a win 7 & a win 8.1 machine and it runs fine on both.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 677 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 595 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Question on uploading from SD card to Sleepyhead picante 7 1,635 12-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Last Post: picante
  SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2 Erasing Daily Notes Stom 6 1,521 08-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Copied SD card data onto PC, and I can't get sleepyhead to read it? DougM 4 1,859 02-18-2018, 02:11 PM
Last Post: DougM
  SleepyHead accuracy in reading ResMed card on Mac okiejack 1 1,654 01-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  sleepyhead SD card download kooly 6 2,079 10-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.