Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Erasing SD Card
RE: Sleepyhead Erasing SD Card
When I open SH and go thru the "Welcome to SH" header, input profile data and click on Finish I get the following:

----- The disk cannot be written to because it is write protected. PLease remove the write protection from the volume in drive G:.

Drive G: is the card reader and the sd card in the reader is the one from the s9. The choices are cancel, try again, or continue.

When I unlock the sd card and check try again, the "OK, get on with it" Release notes is displayed.
I then click on that and it brings up the page that I use to input preferences. With that done, I click on file and import data. it then asks me to select a folder at which time I select G: and then click on "Select Folder". While I have used this s9 machine since
29 Apr 2014, it only shows one day as all the rest of the time has been deleted as when I put the card back in the s9, it has me delete the data before it will allow me to continue.
When I insert the sd card back into the s9 it reads---Data re=writing to sd card - press yes to continue. If I say no it tells me to remove the card. If I choose yes it says--Erasing sd card data.

It's obvious that the compute is writing something on the card. And/or I'm doing something wrong.

Sorry for the long attempt to explain. Any help is appreciated.
Bob

What happens if you select Continue on the locked card?
(05-21-2014, 06:03 PM)BiBob Wrote: When I open SH and go thru the "Welcome to SH" header, input profile data and click on Finish I get the following:

----- The disk cannot be written to because it is write protected. PLease remove the write protection from the volume in drive G:.

Drive G: is the card reader and the sd card in the reader is the one from the s9. The choices are cancel, try again, or continue.

When I unlock the sd card and check try again, the "OK, get on with it" Release notes is displayed.
I then click on that and it brings up the page that I use to input preferences. With that done, I click on file and import data. it then asks me to select a folder at which time I select G: and then click on "Select Folder". While I have used this s9 machine since
29 Apr 2014, it only shows one day as all the rest of the time has been deleted as when I put the card back in the s9, it has me delete the data before it will allow me to continue.
When I insert the sd card back into the s9 it reads---Data re=writing to sd card - press yes to continue. If I say no it tells me to remove the card. If I choose yes it says--Erasing sd card data.

It's obvious that the compute is writing something on the card. And/or I'm doing something wrong.

Sorry for the long attempt to explain. Any help is appreciated.
Bob

Actually the computer is doing exactly what it is being told to do, and that is to write all over your sdcard, which is "drive g:"

Try this: Right click on the desktop shortcut. Click on "Properties."
What is in the "Start in" field? If it's G: something, that's the problem. It should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\SleepyHead" This is a pointer to where the Sleepyhead program is expecting to find it's data.
Bama,

I'm at a loss. The only difference between the systems we're using is my s9.

I have to unlock my sd card when on my computer. Do you?
(05-21-2014, 06:51 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Actually the computer is doing exactly what it is being told to do, and that is to write all over your sdcard, which is "drive g:"

Try this: Right click on the desktop shortcut. Click on "Properties."
What is in the "Start in" field? If it's G: something, that's the problem. It should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\SleepyHead" This is a pointer to where the Sleepyhead program is expecting to find it's data.

(05-21-2014, 07:05 PM)BiBob Wrote: Bama,

I'm at a loss. The only difference between the systems we're using is my s9.

I have to unlock my sd card when on my computer. Do you?

Yoo Hoo, Bibob.......... You still with us?
Yep I'm still here. I'm still trying to figure out the reason why SH would look in C:______ for data when the new data is on the SD card.
But when I checked properties the starting location is C:_____(86) SH
(05-21-2014, 07:22 PM)BiBob Wrote: Yep I'm still here. I'm still trying to figure out the reason why SH would look in C:______ for data when the new data is on the SD card.
But when I checked properties the starting location is C:_____(86) SH

Because the properties field tells it where to keep the profile and daily data. The sdcard only has data on it from the Resmed. To get the data from the sdcard into the sleephead system you "Import" it.

But the first thing is to get the path correct. If it is saying "C:____(86) SH", that is incorrect. You need it to point to the directory where the Sleepyhead system resides. So change it.
OK. I think it's working (maybe) but there's no data on the card so it will take me tonight to generate some new data. At least i can put card in computer with card locked and it goes ahead now. So, let's see what tomorrow brings.

Sorry for all the confusion and thanks so much for helping me.
Bob
PS I was just abbreviating the location. Under properties the Start in Location is "C:\Program Files(86)\SleepyHead"

Again - Thanks,
Bob
(05-21-2014, 07:38 PM)BiBob Wrote: OK. I think it's working (maybe) but there's no data on the card so it will take me tonight to generate some new data. At least i can put card in computer with card locked and it goes ahead now. So, let's see what tomorrow brings.

Sorry for all the confusion and thanks so much for helping me.
Bob

That's fine Bob. Glad to help.

You should now be able to create a profile even without the sdcard being in the computer and have it store it correctly. Then tomorrow you will select your profile name, which will open it up, and give you the option to "import" some data from the sdcard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 641 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 549 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Question on uploading from SD card to Sleepyhead picante 7 1,606 12-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Last Post: picante
  SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2 Erasing Daily Notes Stom 6 1,490 08-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Copied SD card data onto PC, and I can't get sleepyhead to read it? DougM 4 1,829 02-18-2018, 02:11 PM
Last Post: DougM
  SleepyHead accuracy in reading ResMed card on Mac okiejack 1 1,640 01-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  sleepyhead SD card download kooly 6 2,046 10-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.