Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Import Limitation?
Sleepyhead Import Limitation?
Hi All
Just installed Sleepyhead software yesterday, and did my first data import. It imported only the last 31 days of data, i.e., since 16 Feb. only, desoite the fact that I've been using the CPAP machine since 11 Jan.

Is this a limitation built into the software, or did i do something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
RE: Sleepyhead Import Limitation?
I believe it's the S9 ability...
I think it keeps 7 days for high resolution data.
30 days of intermediate resolution data.
And 365 days of of usage data only.
ergo, you should see hours used on back to 11 Jan.
Most people pull their data cards every 4 or 5 days to get the high res data.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
(03-21-2014, 10:30 AM)justMongo Wrote: I believe it's the S9 ability...
I think it keeps 7 days for high resolution data.
30 days of intermediate resolution data.
And 365 days of of usage data only.
ergo, you should see hours used on back to 11 Jan.
Most people pull their data cards every 4 or 5 days to get the high res data.
For Resmed S9 machines, Sleepy Head needs the "high" resolution (wave flow) data to report any of the interesting graphs. Without the wave flow data, SleepyHead will give little or no information beyond that in the detailed Sleep Quality Report on the machine's LCD.

For days with the "intermediate" (summary) data, in SleepyHead you get a "No Data" message where the graphs usually are, but on the sidebar to the left, you get the summary data about the overall AHI, it's breakdown into types of events, and summary data about pressure and leaks.

For days with only the "usage" data, in SleepyHead you get no data at all.

ResScan works differently: If the "intermediate" data is there, you do get the pressure and leak graphs and some kind of an events "table" that shows when the events occurred during the night and flags on the apneas that say how long they lasted.

So if you're using a Resmed machine and you want to use SH, it's important to download the data at least once a week.
Thanks for the quick replies. Sounds like the bottom line is - use ResScan ??

(03-21-2014, 12:59 PM)brianps Wrote: Thanks for the quick replies. Sounds like the bottom line is - use ResScan ??

Both have their strengths and weaknesses.
I have tried both; and now prefer ResScan.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Both ResScan and SleepyHead only shows 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data
The difference is that SleepyHead shows no data after 30 days and ResScan shows partial data

ResScan is not bugs free, newer versions keep coming up all the times and so shrouded with secrecy that you cannot keep up or knows whats going on.

SleepyHead is an open source software, anyone can use, faster and user friendly, quick to download/import data and data is saved at the moment you close the program

SleepyHead is the work of one man and few helpers supports ResMed S9, PRS1, IntelliPAP and Icon machines also works with windows and Mac computers .. few dollars donation to SleepyHead project and ApneaBoard would go long way to keep the dream alive

SleepyHead is so liberating, set us free from the controls of manufactures, doctors and the likes Coffee

Regardless of which software you use, you need to have the SD card in the S9 machine every night if you want anything more than usage and very basic summary data. All the detailed data is written directly to the SD card, and if the SD card is not in the machine, the data is not recorded.

Regardless of which software you use, you will need to download the data at least once a week if you want the wave flow data.

You will need to download at least once a month if you want the other graphs in ResScan, but don't care about the wave flow graph. You'll need to download at least once a week to see the other graphs in SleepyHead.

The problem is that Resmed has designed the S9 to overwrite the wave flow data every seven days and the other detailed data every 30 days. And they made this decision even though the card is practically empty when there the card contains a full 7 days worth of high resolution data and a full 30 days of detailed data.

Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 237 Yesterday, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [CPAP] OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - Unsupported O2s Francois1963 0 74 04-09-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Francois1963
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 224 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Low AHI vs. low Flow Limitation apneakid 11 860 02-20-2024, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 712 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Flow limitation and EPR danylam 29 2,839 01-25-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Macka
  Help with flow limitation Susanne 31 1,914 01-24-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Susanne

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.