Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Journals
Sleepyhead Journals
I use the Note feature to capture data on each nights (some) results or anything new such as trying a new mask. Can the journal be exported from SH over a period of time?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead Journals
You can export your entire journal as an XML.

File > Backup Journal

[Image: Backup_Journal.PNG]

Keep in mind, there is no way to import that back if it gets corrupt. For that purpose you'll need to copy the journal folder located in your profiles\[name]

[Image: journal_location.jpg]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Alan, you're such a software/computer geek. Glad you are here to help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alan

Thanks for the details. I found that Backup Journal creates an XML file in the user directory under Profiles named <user name's>Journal.xml. example:
Alan's Journal.xml This file is the journal logs but when trying to read it only the first record is readable using word. There appears to be an error in the html code but not sure what exactly. Using Wordpad all the text is available but my knowledge of html is very limited.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the file date on that? I have one that was created from 0.9.8-1 version of SH. Not sure on the error but it has a !Doctype declaration that throws a syntax error on mine.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2016, 06:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Alan, you're such a software/computer geek. Glad you are here to help.

Have to have something to do when I can't sleep. Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead v1.0.0-beta-1 Revision: 7dcb76e (master branch).

I found an online utility that could extract the "text" from the xml file but left out the temporal (date) info. Manually added the date back to the text ... in the end have my journal file but need a better solution.

Attempting to load the file into Chrome produces this error message; error on line 1 at column 22: DOCTYPE improperly terminated
This is similar to the results you received. Currently looking at some utilities in Javascript which might help.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.