Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Location
Question 
Sleepyhead Location
Having just installed Sleepyhead I know where the data is being stored but I am not finding the App or how to launch it.  I am on a Mac.

Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead Location
OS X should be close enough to Linux to be located in /usr/bin/SleepyHead.   It also could be in /usr/local/bin (a more Unix location).  If not, try Spotlight  

I hope this helps.

P.S. Welcome
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
One would think that Sleepyhead would create an Icon, should it?
Post Reply Post Reply
It didn't in Linux. I had to find it and make a link.

Also, I was curious about OS X after your question. OS X has an Application folder that stores apps, each in its own folder using the app name.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2017, 02:36 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It didn't in Linux.  I had to find it and make a link.  

Also, I was curious about OS X  after your question.   OS X has an Application folder that stores apps, each in its own folder using the app name.

I had already browsed both the Applications and Utilities and it was not there.  I was able to find it using spotlight and copied it to the desktop.

Thanks for your replies.

I would have one other question. In the report that it generates does it break out the number of Obstruction & General Apnea's?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead will show all of the information available from your machine, and in your case that includes apnea type. For more information, on just what can be done, review the links in my signature that show how to organize charts for posting on the forum, host them on a hosting site and interpret the information. While Apneaboard will let you attach an image, the space is very limited, so hosting screenshots off-site and linking here is recommended. Here is a screenshot showing just some of the information:

[Image: shchartordex.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
golfgame,
Please post the location that you found it. I will be helpful to know when the next OS X user asks.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2017, 04:52 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: golfgame,
Please post the location that you found it.  I will be helpful to know when the next OS X user asks.

I am unable to give you a location now.  I used spotlight to find it. Spotlight brought up several entries and I simply checked them all until I found the box that contained the sheep with the mask. I then copied that and pasted it to the desktop. That created the icon for me. I wish I could be more specific.  Thanks for your help.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Data location David Lee 7 3,230 05-31-2022, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mjrPdqkLguUgGLE
  Change save location (OSCAR) PaulaO2 14 4,058 05-05-2022, 01:47 PM
Last Post: OldGrampa
  [split] Wellue O2Ring Data Location on a Mac gettingbetter 4 799 09-05-2021, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Location Setting - Time Difference Snooks 4 767 03-05-2021, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Snooks
  Set data location txrpls 6 848 08-08-2020, 01:29 PM
Last Post: txrpls
  Location of bugs list and worklist mjphyi 2 791 11-06-2019, 03:50 PM
Last Post: mjphyi
Wink Sleepy Head [data location?] frankresmeds9 3 1,358 05-20-2019, 11:55 AM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.