Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Needs YOUR data! [data collection complete]
Sleepyhead Needs YOUR data! [data collection complete]
Hi, Supersleeper said it was OK to post this request here, so here goes.

I see that SleepRider has been very helpfully passing on Jedimark's plea for data to help find and squash bugs in Sleepyhead, and his help is greatly appreciated.

Jedimark and I would like to expand the types of data we're looking for, we don't need months or years, rather a nice variety of it from different people, with different settings, and different sleep patterns. All kinds is good, sometimes the messy data (lots of events and such) is the best, because it gives us more to work on to make sure that all the data is being interpreted, and displayed correctly.

Please just zip up the contents of your SD card, rename it to your name here, (or something else if you'd rather be anonymous) and upload it to the appropriate link below. These are really handy upload links, click it and it'll allow you to upload the data directly from your computer to my dropbox acct, very easy... I love the file requests in dropbox Smile

{Data collection is now complete - Dropbox links have been removed}

A lot of progress has been made, the PRS1 data is looking better than ever. flagging of events is more accurate than ever. I'm quite excited for many improvements.

Thanks, in advance.
RE: Sleepyhead Needs YOUR data!
Folks, let's try to help as much as possible. palerider and Sleeprider are helping JediMark gather all this data for the next release of Sleepyhead and it's impossible unless folks volunteer their data files for testing.

Palerider - are there some machines where you guys already have enough data or do you want folks to continue uploading just to get a larger set of data?

Also, I added the red "Admin Note" tag to this thread so it gets more attention.

Thanks.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Also, in case folks aren't sure which specific machine they have, here's some pics that may help identify their specific model:

RESMED:

[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png] [Image: ResMed-AirCurve-10.png]

[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]

PHILIPS-RESPIRONICS:

[Image: PR-model-1.jpg] [Image: PR-model-2.jpg]

Question:
On the DreamStations, does anyone know if there's a similar sticker on the bottom for identification and are there specific model numbers that correspond to particular model names (like the PR System One machines above do)??
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Please be assured your data will be kept confidential. The data received so far has been very helpful to this effort. I'd like to emphasize that the Dreamstation ASV machine data is especially needed if you can provide it.

Speaking of which, was provided data from a user of the Dreamstation Pro. This user has never posted on the site, but was looking forward to being able to use Sleepyhead to see his results. The most recent build produced these results which clearly show he needs to be on an ASV machine rather than fixed CPAP. This is the kind of information that Sleepyhead provides to help empower patients to work with doctors and suppliers to get the treatment we need. I'll post the image if he lets me know it's ok
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Sleeprider - I closed the other two threads, since hopefully you and palerider can now use this thread going forward to gather data... I hope that's okay. I also put an ending note on each of those threads directing folks to this new thread. Just trying to consolidate the information into a central location.

Thanks.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(03-02-2016, 05:10 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Palerider - are there some machines where you guys already have enough data or do you want folks to continue uploading just to get a larger set of data?

There are some machines that we, at this point, believe we have plenty of data on. the initial push for Dreamstation data has been very successful in the CPAP Auto department, with over 14 different sets of data, that's why there's no upload link for that one anymore. we also got several sets of prs1 560 data. for the older machines, prs1/s9/airsense, just a few sets of each would be nice to be able to go back and verify that nothing got broken with all the changes that have happened, and in some cases to see that "oh, man, this (generally subtle) bug has been there for some time but wasn't noticeable enough to get any attention".

As we collect enough data, if you don't mind, I may ask you to edit the initial post to remove links for things that we've gotten enough of, to keep from wasting the time of the kind people here.
(03-02-2016, 06:17 PM)palerider Wrote: As we collect enough data, if you don't mind, I may ask you to edit the initial post to remove links for things that we've gotten enough of, to keep from wasting the time of the kind people here.

Yep, no problem... just let me know what needs to be edited out, when the time comes.

Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Since I got permission, this is the new Dreamstation CPAP Pro chart I referred to earlier. The forum member is hoping to use this to expedite a change in therapy from CPAP to ASV.

Real results for your therapy that you can use to improve your life. That's why we need your data. This chart was not possible until the data was contributed by members like you. Thanks to JediMark for making this big push, with the huge contribution of time and talent from Palerider. And much of the data that made this possible is coming from the members of this forum. Thanks to you too.

[Image: 1kEPqx3.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

I just had someone upload some of the files from their Resmed AC10Vauto, however, they didn't zip up the sd card, they just uploaded a few of the files from it, seemingly at random.

this unfortunately renders the data useless, without all the files from the card, in the proper directories, the data can't be interpreted.

Please just zip up your card, and upload that.
(03-03-2016, 04:21 AM)palerider Wrote: I just had someone upload some of the files from their Resmed AC10Vauto, however, they didn't zip up the sd card, they just uploaded a few of the files from it, seemingly at random.

this unfortunately renders the data useless, without all the files from the card, in the proper directories, the data can't be interpreted.

Please just zip up your card, and upload that.

Given the timing, I suspect that was me. I am not expert with uploading and zipping - I assumed wrongly you just wanted the data files off the card.

Please give me detailed instructions! (Windows Vista) and I will try again.

I tried to send 3 months of Resmed Aircurve ASV. Would you also like 13 months of Airsense 10 Autoset?

I remain *very* grateful to Sleepyhead, thank you. It gave me enough evidence to get an ASV machine (eventually) from my doctors - improved my quality of life a lot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 77 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 141 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD Mal777 15 764 03-21-2024, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.