Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Needs YOUR data! [data collection complete]
RE: Sleepyhead Needs YOUR data!
Aircurve10- VAuto bilevel but not ASV is not needed?
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
(03-05-2016, 02:47 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Aircurve10- VAuto bilevel but not ASV is not needed?

Aircurve ASV is the next line. we do want more AC10ASV data! we only have one sample so far.
(03-05-2016, 05:33 AM)Asjb Wrote: It does take some time to upload but that didn't affect being able to browse the internet at the same time.

I'm sorry I didn't find this out before you uploaded your very large asv dataset, but if you've got a lot of data, you can trim out the older data, because we don't need a LOT of data from any one person, instead it's good to have a variety of data.

if you're uploading respironics data, you can go into a backup copy (see link above) of the card, into the P-Series folder, and then into the P* folder under that (some long number) and then delete all but the last p* folder. if you've had a machine for a while, you'll see p0, p1, p2, p3, etc... in that instance, all we'd need is p3. then you can zip up the files, starting with P-Series and on down, and it's a smaller upload.

if it's a resmed backup, you can go into the DATALOG folder, and delete all but the last week or so of folders, in the Air10 line, there are subdirs for each date, you can simply delete all but the last week or so.

the S9 machines automatically trim the big files, so they're not nearly as big as the air10 files are.

Hopefully the above instructions aren't too confusing, I'm still on australian time and i just woke up, so I'm not sure how well my brain is working at the moment Dielaughing
Mine is on the way, let me know if it is not working.
(03-05-2016, 05:58 PM)ginzo Wrote: Mine is on the way, let me know if it is not working.

Got it, Thanks!!
(03-03-2016, 05:28 PM)palerider Wrote: I don't believe that the resmed ASV machines record patient triggered breaths, I never saw it on S9 Adapt data, and I don't see any PTB flags or stats in resscan when looking at your data. (quote)

Ah! - that would explain why I can't see a display for patient-triggered breaths. That's an odd thing for Resmed not to have included in their software, rather like their routine Airsense 10 APAP not measuring RERAs.

I'll PM you an email address for the main French translator, please work with him, Jedimark says he'll pleased with extra help :D

Thanks - I'll contact him. It's not a problem with translations being wrong, just some words/phrases have not been translated at all.

(03-03-2016, 03:13 PM)Asjb Wrote: Can I mention that the only 'bugs', very minor, I've found so far with S'Head and the Resmed ASV are (1) the pressure block charts on the graphic summaries are non-functional (2) the written pressure settings in statistics and at top left on the daily page are completely scrambled (but they make me laugh as they give a pressure of more than a trillion trillion cms H2O!)

Hello again - just had another look for bugs. May I please add?:
- the 'flow limitation' block chart in Overview is non-functional
- the statistics page doesn't pick up all the months I've used the machine. When I display 'monthly' it starts with January 2016, but I started using the machine (same SD card) in November 2015. I can't tell from the numbers if 'Standard' report mode does actually include all my months.

And, the main one -
On the statistics page, could you possibly add 'unknown apnoeas' to the stats please? I understand that the Aircurve ASV cannot tell the difference between centrals and obstructives (because it reacts so quickly to each breath it doesn't have the time for a test puff to see what state the airway is in) so 'clear airway' and 'obstructive' are always, each night & every person, going to be zero. The only way to see which type of apnoea has occurred is to look at the wave form for each 'unknown apnoea'. The hypopnoeas record properly in the stats.

Because 'unknown apnoea' is the only measure for all apnoeas with the Aircurve 10 ASV, the real AHI is therefore actually 'hypos' plus 'unknowns'. It might even be worth removing 'clear' and 'obstructive' indexes from the daily and summary stats?, but with an explanatory note to say why they've been removed. I can foresee uninformed doctors saying all is fine because clear and obstructive indexes are always zero, while they are perhaps ignoring a very noticeable 'unknown apnoea' index.

And - how can one change please the '90% pressure' in the statistics page to '95% pressure' ?

Gosh you all at Sleepyhead HQ do a fine job for all of us!
Thank you again - I'm very grateful

I'm very sorry, I just noticed your post.

(03-06-2016, 04:54 AM)Asjb Wrote: Hello again - just had another look for bugs. May I please add?:
- the 'flow limitation' block chart in Overview is non-functional
- the statistics page doesn't pick up all the months I've used the machine. When I display 'monthly' it starts with January 2016, but I started using the machine (same SD card) in November 2015. I can't tell from the numbers if 'Standard' report mode does actually include all my months.
--you have to turn on the overview flow limitation graph by checking the box for flow limitations on the waveforms tab under preferences.
--you have to zoom out and scan side to side on the overview, or change the time period displayed in the lower left corner.

(03-06-2016, 04:54 AM)Asjb Wrote: And, the main one -
On the statistics page, could you possibly add 'unknown apnoeas' to the stats please? I understand that the Aircurve ASV cannot tell the difference between centrals and obstructives (because it reacts so quickly to each breath it doesn't have the time for a test puff to see what state the airway is in) so 'clear airway' and 'obstructive' are always, each night & every person, going to be zero. The only way to see which type of apnoea has occurred is to look at the wave form for each 'unknown apnoea'. The hypopnoeas record properly in the stats.
I put in an enhancement request for this.

(03-06-2016, 04:54 AM)Asjb Wrote: And - how can one change please the '90% pressure' in the statistics page to '95% pressure' ?
you can change this setting in the cpap tab under preferences.

(03-08-2016, 04:59 AM)palerider Wrote: (1) Displaying flow limitation in overview: you have to turn on the overview flow limitation graph by checking the box for flow limitations on the wave forms tab under preferences.
(2) Statistics page not picking up all months on the SD card: you have to zoom out and scan side to side on the overview, or change the time period displayed in the lower left corner.
(3) Displaying 'Unknown apnoeas' as part of the AHI with a Resmed Aircurve ASV: I put in an enhancement request for this.
(4) How to change 90% pressure on the statistics page to 95%: you can change this setting in the cpap tab under preferences.

Hello and thanks very much for the reply
(1) sorry but that doesn't work, have already tried many times. Flow limitation in overview is actually displayed as a bar chart but it remains non-functional - just a row of colourless columns all the same height with all measures saying 'zero'
(2) all the days are present on the overview graphics charts but my first 5 weeks with the machine do not appear on the statistics page, 'monthly' view, no matter what I tweak
(3) That's great - thank you. That'll really be useful when techs and doctors look at the charts.
(4) I have always had this set on the preferences CPAP tab to 95% and it displays as 95% in the statistics box on each daily page, but on the single summary statistics page it continues to display as 90%. Is there somewhere else under preferences to change the single statistics summary page?

Perhaps some of these bugs are reproducible with the data I sent you from my SD card?

May I just mention a final bug? - but it is really not that important and would have a very low priority I think to be sorted. I work in two languages with Sleepyhead - English preferably for my charts, and French for my technician and doctors. Having 'changed languages' often to be able to print charts in each language, I now seem to have confused the system! and recently all display pages are now fixed in a *mixture* of French and English no matter how many times I restart Sleepyhead. Have you ever heard of this problem with anyone else who often uses S'Head in two or more languages? Perhaps I need to work with 2 separate data sets from the same SD card, naming them as e.g. 'French user' and 'English user'?

I shall stop bug-hunting now I promise! You have more important things to do I would guess...

(03-08-2016, 10:39 AM)Asjb Wrote: (1) sorry but that doesn't work, have already tried many times. Flow limitation in overview is actually displayed as a bar chart but it remains non-functional - just a row of colourless columns all the same height with all measures saying 'zero'
it works in the current v1.0.0 snapshot. though the bars are still colorless.

(03-08-2016, 10:39 AM)Asjb Wrote: (2) all the days are present on the overview graphics charts but my first 5 weeks with the machine do not appear on the statistics page, 'monthly' view, no matter what I tweak
same here, puzzling. I'll submit a bug report.

(03-08-2016, 10:39 AM)Asjb Wrote: (4) I have always had this set on the preferences CPAP tab to 95% and it displays as 95% in the statistics box on each daily page, but on the single summary statistics page it continues to display as 90%. Is there somewhere else under preferences to change the single statistics summary page?
ah, another bug, you should be on the test team, would you like to join? Big Grin

(03-08-2016, 10:39 AM)Asjb Wrote: Perhaps some of these bugs are reproducible with the data I sent you from my SD card?
indeed, yes.

(03-08-2016, 10:39 AM)Asjb Wrote: May I just mention a final bug? - but it is really not that important and would have a very low priority I think to be sorted. I work in two languages with Sleepyhead - English preferably for my charts, and French for my technician and doctors. Having 'changed languages' often to be able to print charts in each language, I now seem to have confused the system! and recently all display pages are now fixed in a *mixture* of French and English no matter how many times I restart Sleepyhead. Have you ever heard of this problem with anyone else who often uses S'Head in two or more languages? Perhaps I need to work with 2 separate data sets from the same SD card, naming them as e.g. 'French user' and 'English user'?
I have not heard of that before. Did you get in touch with Arie?

(03-08-2016, 10:39 AM)Asjb Wrote: I shall stop bug-hunting now I promise! You have more important things to do I would guess...
more important things than trying to make sleepyhead better???? Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 77 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 143 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD Mal777 15 764 03-21-2024, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.