Sleepyhead - Opens Wrong Default Data Folder EVERY TIME!
Roy289 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ for Her CPAP w/ HumidAir™ Humidifier
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: P&S 405
Humidifier: Climateline
CPAP Pressure: 7-14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Sleepyhead - Opens Wrong Default Data Folder EVERY TIME!
Last nights data imported correctly from wireless SD card this morning and imported into Sleepyhead. Retaining all my previous data intact. I can see myself not updating Sleepyhead in the future as CPAP becomes routine and wonder how Flashpap will work on large number of uploads. My prior SD card only has about a months data. Perhaps the older data is discarded by the ResMed A10?
07-31-2016 07:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

ResMed will retain about a years worth of data on the SD card. FlashPap only downloads what it does not have. Honestly I have not checked to see if my old data is still on the card. I'm over a year now on this machine. I'll check in the AM.

fyi - Sleepyhead doesn't have/use any other data folders.

Although, my machine is set up as a dev machine and I could have modified permissions that others didn't. Having said that, Program Files and Program Files (x86) are protected folders. If a program modifies a file in one of those folders, and you are not running the program as Administrator, m$ will store your changes in the VirtualStore.

You can find the VirtualStore by pressing Winkey-R or start > Run and typing in %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
07-31-2016 10:03 PM
Roy289 Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

I'm confused after reading your post #8.

When importing data,the SH dialog states it found "A ResMed file structure for a Autoset (23151xxxxxx) located at G:" The ResMed file structure is actually located under the Profiles folder which is in the SleepyHead_Data folder as indicated in the initial screen from SH.

1. To retain the link to the initial profile under SleepyHead_Data the FlashPap app would have to import data into the SleepyHead_Data folder instead of the FlashPap Data folder.

I choose to move the Profiles into the FlashPap Data folder which achieves the same thing but is not the right way. The correct way should be as in 1. (copying data to the SleepyHead_Data folder.)

Thanks for the hint about AppRoot key, but this wouldn't require changing if data from FlashPap is loaded into SleepyHead_Data.
08-01-2016 10:42 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

(08-01-2016 10:42 AM)Roy289 Wrote:  I'm confused after reading your post #8.

When importing data,the SH dialog states it found "A ResMed file structure for a Autoset (23151xxxxxx) located at G:" The ResMed file structure is actually located under the Profiles folder which is in the SleepyHead_Data folder as indicated in the initial screen from SH.

If you look at your SD card, there is no Profiles folder. When I say, and when you see, "ResMed file structure" mentioned in Sleepyhead importer it is the raw data from your cpap machine, what is stored on your machine's SD card not what Sleepyhead stores after you import the data. Those are two different file structures.

Flashpap copies files from your SD card. It is as if you loaded the SD card into your computer and copied the contents to some other folder with file explorer. Flashpap doesn't do any interpretation of it and Sleepyhead cannot read it as is to display your graphs.

Whether you tell FlashPap to put the files into the same folder as Sleepyhead-Data, not a good idea, or to some other folder doesn't matter. Sleepyhead has to import this data and will interpret/convert it and store it in its own format before it can show you the graphs.

(08-01-2016 10:42 AM)Roy289 Wrote:  1. To retain the link to the initial profile under SleepyHead_Data the FlashPap app would have to import data into the SleepyHead_Data folder instead of the FlashPap Data folder.

I've never had to do that but okay.

(08-01-2016 10:42 AM)Roy289 Wrote:  I choose to move the Profiles into the FlashPap Data folder which achieves the same thing but is not the right way. The correct way should be as in 1. (copying data to the SleepyHead_Data folder.)

Thanks for the hint about AppRoot key, but this wouldn't require changing if data from FlashPap is loaded into SleepyHead_Data.

That isn't safe. It may work for you, but understand if Mark decides to have his installer wipe out the Sleepyhead data folder when you uninstall, it may wipe out the folder without regards to what you put in it. You will lose your data. (except for what is still on your FlashAir of course).

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2016 04:18 PM by AlanE.)
08-01-2016 04:01 PM
Roy289 Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

AlanE thanks for your responses to my problem. I plan to start a new thread about Sleepyhead Profiles which is likely source of my problems. Not sure where SH expects the Profile with the ResMedxxxxxxx,Journal,channels etc files must be stored. Changing the data location to point to my downloaded files from Flashair card will always result in SH asking to create a new Profile. I want to maintain my old ResMedxxxxxx data of past processed imports.
08-03-2016 09:40 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleepyhead oximeter data-wrong days awoodby 5 493 11-04-2016 11:27 PM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas
  SleepyHead on iMac with OS X - importing oximetry data Possum 9 968 11-04-2016 12:28 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Sleepyhead crashes on data import gerryjock 3 228 11-03-2016 10:45 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  backing up sleepyhead data storywizard 2 225 10-21-2016 11:24 AM
Last Post: storywizard
  Sleepyhead Showing Partial Data jbsix 6 315 10-19-2016 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Location/Format of SleepyHead Data TillerBee 8 988 09-26-2016 10:11 PM
Last Post: beet
  FlashPAP - connection time out. Tassie tone 4 265 09-23-2016 09:14 PM
Last Post: sonicboom