Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead - Opens Wrong Default Data Folder EVERY TIME!
Gross 
Sleepyhead - Opens Wrong Default Data Folder EVERY TIME!
[/b]After successfully configuring FlashPap to open Sleepyhead, when I Click On CPAP- in the "Welcome to Sleepyhead Screen, When I press CPAP Importer, Instead of Auto Locating the Desktop Folder I have previously designated as the "Data Download" for FlashPap, A Pop-UP wants to connect to a Separate Network Drive where some of my PC's Data is located. Clicking on "Specify" in the POP-UP will let me locate the needed desktop folder, but in each subsequent opening, it won't recall what I have defaulted to. Under FILE> CHANGE DATA FOLDER, I have pointed it to the correct desktop folder, but it will not stay in memory as the Default. I have Uninstalled Sleepyhead 2x now, and I did a search to find any leftover files that are evidently hiding that keep this error occurring. During the Re-Install's I did point the setup to the Desktop Folder that is needed, but SleepyHead just wants that incorrect location every time now. Any suggestions on how to correct this will be appreciated![b]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead - Opens Wrong Default Data Folder EVERY TIME!
Try creating a new user and see if you can point to the directory you want. If it is still a problem, try installing SH 0.9.8.1-Testing to see if it will accept the directory. You will need to setup a different SH data directory because 0.9.8.1 and 1.0-Beta have different formatting.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The CPAP Data Located folder is where FlashPap is downloading the contents of the Flashair into. Think of this as where your SD card was located previous to FlashAir. The Data Folder is where Sleepyhead keeps its data. When you import from the "SD card" folder (CPAP Data Located), Sleepyhead will copy that data to its data folder. They are not the same and it is better to keeping them separate.

This is the folder you are copying your raw data from your CPAP machine's SD card (or the directory FlashPap copies your Flashair data to:
[Image: SH-CPAP-Data_located.PNG]

Where Sleepyhead stores it's data:
[Image: SH-Data_Folder.PNG]

However, if the Sleepyhead data folder is what you need to change and the changes you make are not sticking:

Shut down sleepyhead

Start > Run > Regedit

navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JediMark\Sleepyhead\Settings

Change the value of AppRoot key to point to the correct folder.

Remember that the slashes "\" is like they are shown in the picture. They are forward slashes. Unlike a backslash you would typically see in Windows.
For example my AppRoot in Regsitry:

[Image: SH_Registry1.PNG]

Despite the name, it is not where the Application is installed to, it is where Sleepyhead stores its data. In your case, if you want it to store the data to a desktop folder, enter in that value.

Alternatively you can delete the whole JediMark key from the registry and start sleepyhead again. It will prompt you for a Data Folder and that folder should be written to the registry.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
AlanE...

Thanks so much for that hint, as I had not found that entry as I was only searching for SleepyHead....

It was just too easy now to delete the entry, and the importer now correctly asks for the location I assigned.

Many thanks and I'll put that hint in my ongoing "How To Fix ......" Files

Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think we need a fix-it file like that. Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
I attempted a search through Google and the various Boards but was unsuccessful in finding a similar thread..... I'm sure others have posted similar in the past, but different wording certainly could have been an issue. I was surprised though as SleepyHead is a fairly mature product, No? I was having issues with FlashPap due to my unfamiliarity with how it interacts with JAVA, but I was fortunate that the author promptly and with incredible patience helped me find the issues I was having. I cannot even think about having to pull the card regularly now that I have a Cell Modem attached which just added another layer of what I would need to unplug to access the SD card. FlashPap has been a brilliant addition to the CPAP software family.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree. Both FlashPap and SleepMaster are excellent. As you have experienced, the developers are quick to jump in and help with tech support issues.

Post Reply Post Reply
AlanE

I have similar problem to marc31. FlashPap is working fine (thanks to marc31 help) and able to download new data files from my Flashair W03 in A10 and place into a new FlashPap Data folder. All my previous downloads where from the SD card placed in laptop. The folder was SleepyHeadData which included Profile and Resmedxxxxx (with all the prior event data) Trying to point Sleepyhead to the FlashPap Data folder disconnects Sleepyhead from the profile and causes Sleepyhead to ask for creation of a new profile on subsequent startup. Any idea how to fix this?
Post Reply Post Reply
This is for both Roy and Alan.....

Alan's suggestion to modify or Delete the Jedimark folder made sense as I had previously been unable to get Sleepyhead (SH) to act as if it was a clean install. Unfortunately it is evident there is another Data Folder lurking somewhere as I have deleted the Reg Folder repeatedly after first deleting and then Reinstalling Sleepyhead. Each time in the initial opening sequenced, "SH" consistently aims the folder to a Network Backup folder Drive where a copy of Sleepyhead resides.
Now its important to mention I am using Sleepyhead Version 0.9.8-1 Testing Open GL as the latest version otherwise would crash upon attempting to open any Encore Data file. Resolving this issue for me (and maybe others) will require us to locate this possibly hidden Data or Registry folder that we are as yet cannot find. Is it possible that this Beta version I am using has additional folders elsewhere? I cannot explain otherwise why Sleepyhead automatically points to this unintended location. Frankly what we really need is a dedicated Sleepyhead produced Uninstaller for each and any version he produces. If doing an uninstall does not remove all traces of the program, we will continue to have these issues. My suggestions may be very likely be not required if we are a small minority of users who are experiencing this, as SleepyHead is a fine program and will be an ongoing work in progress by dedicated individuals.
Post Reply Post Reply
marc

I found the solution to retaining all my previous data since beginning of CPAP.
When Sleepyhead is invoked by Flashpap the previous Profiles folder (stored in SleepyHeadData folder in my case) must be copied into the new DATALOG folder under CPAP_data. The new data imported wirelessly from W03 card (i.e. 2016029 from last night) is moved into the ResMed_2216xxxxxx Events directory during import data process by Sleepyhead. This folder contains all the data from the beginning of CPAP logging in my case about 90 days. Transferring data using Flashpap into CPAP_data folder tomorrow will prove if this change works. Update to follow
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Display average AHI over time period ? Bernard Flapdoodle 1 73 04-09-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 917 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 3 230 03-30-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 233 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 124 03-28-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 183 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 244 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.