Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead - Opens Wrong Default Data Folder EVERY TIME!
RE: Sleepyhead - Opens Wrong Default Data Folder EVERY TIME!
Last nights data imported correctly from wireless SD card this morning and imported into Sleepyhead. Retaining all my previous data intact. I can see myself not updating Sleepyhead in the future as CPAP becomes routine and wonder how Flashpap will work on large number of uploads. My prior SD card only has about a months data. Perhaps the older data is discarded by the ResMed A10?
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed will retain about a years worth of data on the SD card. FlashPap only downloads what it does not have. Honestly I have not checked to see if my old data is still on the card. I'm over a year now on this machine. I'll check in the AM.

fyi - Sleepyhead doesn't have/use any other data folders.

Although, my machine is set up as a dev machine and I could have modified permissions that others didn't. Having said that, Program Files and Program Files (x86) are protected folders. If a program modifies a file in one of those folders, and you are not running the program as Administrator, m$ will store your changes in the VirtualStore.

You can find the VirtualStore by pressing Winkey-R or start > Run and typing in %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm confused after reading your post #8.

When importing data,the SH dialog states it found "A ResMed file structure for a Autoset (23151xxxxxx) located at G:" The ResMed file structure is actually located under the Profiles folder which is in the SleepyHead_Data folder as indicated in the initial screen from SH.

1. To retain the link to the initial profile under SleepyHead_Data the FlashPap app would have to import data into the SleepyHead_Data folder instead of the FlashPap Data folder.

I choose to move the Profiles into the FlashPap Data folder which achieves the same thing but is not the right way. The correct way should be as in 1. (copying data to the SleepyHead_Data folder.)

Thanks for the hint about AppRoot key, but this wouldn't require changing if data from FlashPap is loaded into SleepyHead_Data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2016, 10:42 AM)Roy289 Wrote: I'm confused after reading your post #8.

When importing data,the SH dialog states it found "A ResMed file structure for a Autoset (23151xxxxxx) located at G:" The ResMed file structure is actually located under the Profiles folder which is in the SleepyHead_Data folder as indicated in the initial screen from SH.

If you look at your SD card, there is no Profiles folder. When I say, and when you see, "ResMed file structure" mentioned in Sleepyhead importer it is the raw data from your cpap machine, what is stored on your machine's SD card not what Sleepyhead stores after you import the data. Those are two different file structures.

Flashpap copies files from your SD card. It is as if you loaded the SD card into your computer and copied the contents to some other folder with file explorer. Flashpap doesn't do any interpretation of it and Sleepyhead cannot read it as is to display your graphs.

Whether you tell FlashPap to put the files into the same folder as Sleepyhead-Data, not a good idea, or to some other folder doesn't matter. Sleepyhead has to import this data and will interpret/convert it and store it in its own format before it can show you the graphs.

(08-01-2016, 10:42 AM)Roy289 Wrote: 1. To retain the link to the initial profile under SleepyHead_Data the FlashPap app would have to import data into the SleepyHead_Data folder instead of the FlashPap Data folder.

I've never had to do that but okay.

(08-01-2016, 10:42 AM)Roy289 Wrote: I choose to move the Profiles into the FlashPap Data folder which achieves the same thing but is not the right way. The correct way should be as in 1. (copying data to the SleepyHead_Data folder.)

Thanks for the hint about AppRoot key, but this wouldn't require changing if data from FlashPap is loaded into SleepyHead_Data.

That isn't safe. It may work for you, but understand if Mark decides to have his installer wipe out the Sleepyhead data folder when you uninstall, it may wipe out the folder without regards to what you put in it. You will lose your data. (except for what is still on your FlashAir of course).

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
AlanE thanks for your responses to my problem. I plan to start a new thread about Sleepyhead Profiles which is likely source of my problems. Not sure where SH expects the Profile with the ResMedxxxxxxx,Journal,channels etc files must be stored. Changing the data location to point to my downloaded files from Flashair card will always result in SH asking to create a new Profile. I want to maintain my old ResMedxxxxxx data of past processed imports.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 35 Yesterday, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 86 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 92 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 112 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 204 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 327 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.