Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Pie Chart Question
RE: Sleepyhead Pie Chart Question
First, thanks everyone for the responses. You folks are great Here's what I did last night:

1. Increased pressure from 9 to 10.
2. Decreased EPR from 3 to 2.
3. Tightened mask a little to the tightest I can tolerance.

Last night I only had one CA for a duration of 11 sec. My AHI was 0.59, evenly distributed between CA, OA and H. I still had a leak issue mid-session over a period of about 40 min. It peaked about 40 L/min. Those are the best numbers since I started therapy. Making progress.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2014, 08:01 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: First, thanks everyone for the responses. You folks are great Here's what I did last night:

Last night I only had one CA for a duration of 11 sec. My AHI was 0.59, evenly distributed between CA, OA and H. I still had a leak issue mid-session over a period of about 40 min. It peaked about 40 L/min. Those are the best numbers since I started therapy. Making progress.

Tightening the mask won't necessarily help. The mask needs to sort of inflate into your nostrils to make a good seal. Sometimes you need a different size, sometimes a different mask, sometimes just fitting it right.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2014, 08:01 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: First, thanks everyone for the responses. You folks are great Here's what I did last night:

That's a much better night. I don't know how long you've been using the CPAP but that's matches the best I have done in 7 years. Get comfortable, and stick with these settings for a while. AHI events may rise and fall, but you're onto something pretty good right where you are. If you find tightening the mask uncomfortable, but are tolerating nasal therapy, the pillow systems are generally a little easier and more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2014, 08:24 PM)archangle Wrote: The mask needs to sort of inflate into your nostrils to make a good seal.

Mirage FX nasal mask, I believe.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-25-2014, 03:25 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(12-24-2014, 08:24 PM)archangle Wrote: The mask needs to sort of inflate into your nostrils to make a good seal.

Mirage FX nasal mask, I believe.
Yes. It isn't the kind that actually goes into the nostrils, but fits over the whole nose. I sometimes awaken on my back with my mouth open and air escaping, even though I try to keep my tongue against the roof of my mouth when I go to sleep. I'm going to contact my supplier for a chin strap and see if that helps with the problem. If not, I guess I'll have to try a full face mask. If so, I hope I can get used it like I did with the nasal mask. The only negative thing was getting freaked out when looking at myself in the mirror, but I got used to that too. I've now got the makings of a Halloween costume for next year.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 239 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 100 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  New User Please Help with my chart apapnoob 11 508 02-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Japanese sleep test vs. Lofta/WatchPAT discrepancy + flow chart morphology analysis? woodenwaterbottle 3 4,419 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Started on BiLevel for UARS, how does chart look? squashedlikeabug 5 518 01-04-2024, 01:30 PM
Last Post: squashedlikeabug
Sad [CPAP] 33 Years Old with Severe Sleep Apnea (Oscar Chart) amfar33 4 508 12-19-2023, 12:34 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Chart mattw2019 1 383 10-31-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.